• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheBigRedMachine

Shots and Lots of Them!

Rate this topic

This is an excerpt from John Kreiser's article on NHL.com:

"Ready, Aim, Fire -- If the Red Wings don't win the Stanley Cup, it won't be because they don't shoot the puck. Through 10 playoff games, the Wings have outshot their opponents by a staggering 400-220. They've outshot their opposition in every game, had more than 45 shots four times and limited their opponents to 21 or fewer shots six times in the 10 games.

Detroit has limited San Jose to two goals in each of the first four games of their series, including both contests at HP Pavilion, where the Wings finally figured out how to kill penalties. San Jose was 1-for-10 on the power play at home in Games 3 and 4 -- a huge change from the regular season, when the Sharks were 11-for-22 in Detroit's two visits."

All I can say is keep on shooting. Nobokov can't stop'em all!

Here is the link to the article in it's entirety:

John Kreiser's Article

Apart from a few squeakers... I have always found Quality not Quantity is key in winning the cup. :thumbup: Now if we are talking a large quantity of quality shots... then I am on board.

Apart from a few squeakers... I have always found Quality not Quantity is key in winning the cup. :thumbup: Now if we are talking a large quantity of quality shots... then I am on board.

Man, I thought this thread was going to be about whisky.

You always want every shot to be quality, but it's like Gretzky once famously said "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in." I might be paraphrasing.

I say fire away! As long as every shot doesn't hit the goalie square in the logo. (I'm looking at you, Mr. Samuelsson)