• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

kyle quincey

Rate this topic

After reading soem comments , do none of you know how important Schnieders offence is ?

Dont bring up Kindl , let him have a full AHL season under his belt

Except Kindl cant go into the AHL until he's like 21. Some of you people want all our prospects to rot in the AHL until they cant anymore... I wonder if Crosby should have spent 3 years in the AHL, y'know - get that extra experience, right? Kindl was 19TH OVERALL! He's one of our top prospects, he almost made the NHL last year. Schneider ISNT that important. I'd much rather lose Schneider and get an actual 2nd line forward. We have one of the best defenses in the league - Schneider is expendable.

Schneider IS better than Kindl, but the Wings were STILL 1st in the West last season. We can stand to lose Schneider to get prospects in and spend more $$ on our non-existant 2nd line. I think between Kronwall & Lebda getting another year of experience and Kindl coming up(and Lilja doing a lot better), we would be able to take up most of the slack left by Schneider. You would seriously take Markov/Schneider(old + higher paychecks + possibly more offense) over Sarich/Kindl(young + cheaper + possibly similiar offense + grittier + less injury prone + extra money for another signing) ?

If Kindl does actually come up and stinks it up on offense this season, then we would still have more money for another signing, and still be relatively fine. Like I said, Wings were 1st in the West this season - we can stand to go down a bit if needed.

Except Kindl cant go into the AHL until he's like 21. Some of you people want all our prospects to rot in the AHL until they cant anymore... I wonder if Crosby should have spent 3 years in the AHL, y'know - get that extra experience, right? Kindl was 19TH OVERALL! He's one of our top prospects, he almost made the NHL last year. Schneider ISNT that important. I'd much rather lose Schneider and get an actual 2nd line forward. We have one of the best defenses in the league - Schneider is expendable.

Schneider IS better than Kindl, but the Wings were STILL 1st in the West last season. We can stand to lose Schneider to get prospects in and spend more $$ on our non-existant 2nd line. I think between Kronwall & Lebda getting another year of experience and Kindl coming up(and Lilja doing a lot better), we would be able to take up most of the slack left by Schneider. You would seriously take Markov/Schneider(old + higher paychecks + possibly more offense) over Sarich/Kindl(young + cheaper + possibly similiar offense + grittier + less injury prone + extra money for another signing) ?

If Kindl does actually come up and stinks it up on offense this season, then we would still have more money for another signing, and still be relatively fine. Like I said, Wings were 1st in the West this season - we can stand to go down a bit if needed.

agreed :thumbup:

only problem is derek meech ......i heard he cant clear waivers ......and as much as i like chelios and would find it cool if he was still playing here at 50 , id rather not he be here too long hes gonna slow down some progress of our younger d's

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

ARe you seriously comparing Kindl to Crosby ??? :lol:

ARe you seriously comparing Kindl to Crosby ??? :lol:

he's just saying that if a player is good enough to play in the nhl regardless of if hes 18, 19 then he should play with us and not have to spend 2-3 yrs in the ahl , and he's right , obviously it depends on the player but i think kindl can play in the nhl ........there's lots of young players who play right away after being drafted, granted some are cause their teams suck and need help but if the player is good enough then we should bring him up now .....especially since we got a nice blend of veterans they can learn from

he's just saying that if a player is good enough to play in the nhl regardless of if hes 18, 19 then he should play with us and not have to spend 2-3 yrs in the ahl , and he's right , obviously it depends on the player but i think kindl can play in the nhl ........there's lots of young players who play right away after being drafted, granted some are cause their teams suck and need help but if the player is good enough then we should bring him up now .....especially since we got a nice blend of veterans they can learn from

Why not put him in the AHL for a year , it cant hurt , get him used to the NHL game. Bring him up the season after next , and we'll be golden

I'd love if our defense looked like this next year!

Lidstrom - Vishnevski

Kronwall - Kindl

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja Or Quincey

Im pretty sure Vishnevski is cheaper then Markov and hes more physical....I could be wrong though....

But if we get rid of Schneider we let our youth get a chance and they still get the experience with Lidstrom and Chelios.

And if we get rid Schneider we have more money to spend on a 2nd line center ( that is if we dont resign Lang)

I dont mind Vishnevski but I dont think hes more physical than Markov I would say they are pretty close to even in that department but Markov is a better skater. Also I like Markov's desire,Vishnevski was a healthy scratch for Nashville in the playoffs.

You humor me. Since when are Kronwall and Lebda offensive defenseman? They have a grand total of 6 goals combined between the two of them, and not a single one of those was on the PP.

Definitly. Tampa will be strained to try and keep him because of the Cap and a decreased payroll by ownership, so there is a good possibility the Wings could land him.

Humor me if you will. When does scoring goals only count as Offensive? Assists, setting up goals, getting a good powerplay regardless of scroing is just as important. Are you tell me that because they only have 6 goals between them that they dont create offensive?

Explain that to me please.

I can't see Markov or Schneider being back next year.

2007-08:

Lidstrom - Sarich

Kronwall - Lilja

Chelios - Lebda

Quincey

2008-09:

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Sarich - Lebda

Quincey - Kindl

Ericsson

All I know is Detroit's defence needs a Markov/Sarich/Vishnevski type guy more than Schneider. A solid stay-at-home D-man is needed. Especially paired with Lidstrom, who's playoff play is much better this year with Markov than it was last year when he played with Lilja.

Humor me if you will. When does scoring goals only count as Offensive? Assists, setting up goals, getting a good powerplay regardless of scroing is just as important. Are you tell me that because they only have 6 goals between them that they dont create offensive?

Explain that to me please.

Kronwall and Lebda ARE offensive players who if given more powerplay time would put up more points however the point on Kronwall being injury prone is well taken.Players with a history of injuries tend to continue that trend ie. Martin Havlat,Eric Lindros. That being said we have invested a lot in Kronwall and may have to play him and hope.

Guest MrSandMan

Either Chelios or Schneider will be gone. Quincey will have big shoes to fill... but he'll def be on our roster.

This argument all goes to an end until we find out how good he does at training camp. The Wing staff will be the ones to determine his ability at training cap. If he's good enough, he will get a spot, plain and simple.

Edited by BeeRYCE

Sarich made $2, he will get at least $# from someone, he would be not much cheaper than Matty, and he isn't as good.

Sarich WILL get less than Schneider this off season.

Schneider nearly had a career year last season(or did he?)... If he doesnt take a paycut to stay in Detroit, which I doubt, he should be gone. Or Holland will just overpay for him like he always does, but lets not worry about that.

Sarich would replace Markov, anyways. Markov is too old and brittle. Sarich is everything Markov is, but 2x better and younger.

Schneider does have a CANNON from the blueline, but that can nearly only be used on the PP. Money saved from letting Markov & Schneider walk could be used towards a 2nd liner, who can make much more offense during ES & PP than Schneider ever could. Sarich, Kronwall & Lebda can all become/are capable point men. I'd really like to see Lebda get more of chance on the point. He has the wheels to get the puck back into the zone quickly if it is cleared and can actually get it deep without dumping it in.

Every team doesnt have two cannons on the blueline like we did last season and do fine, also.

Edited by arin

I think that Markov will be back next year. Not sure about Schnieder it depends on what money he's looking for. I really hope that Kindl gets a chance next season because I think this guy can be a very special player for us.

I wouldn't mind the Defence looking something along the lines of this.

Lidstrom - Markov

Kindl - Kronwall

Lebda - Chelios

Lilja

Quincey

Sarich WILL get less than Schneider this off season.

Schneider nearly had a career year last season(or did he?)... If he doesnt take a paycut to stay in Detroit, which I doubt, he should be gone. Or Holland will just overpay for him like he always does, but lets not worry about that.

Sarich would replace Markov, anyways. Markov is too old and brittle. Sarich is everything Markov is, but 2x better and younger.

Schneider does have a CANNON from the blueline, but that can nearly only be used on the PP. Money saved from letting Markov & Schneider walk could be used towards a 2nd liner, who can make much more offense during ES & PP than Schneider ever could. Sarich, Kronwall & Lebda can all become/are capable point men. I'd really like to see Lebda get more of chance on the point. He has the wheels to get the puck back into the zone quickly if it is cleared and can actually get it deep without dumping it in.

Every team doesnt have two cannons on the blueline like we did last season and do fine, also.

Sarich will command at least $3 per. I don't see the bargin in that. Markov made $2.5 this season. I'd rather have him back at about the same, than bring in Sarich, who will likely seek about $4. If we are going to spend that much on a dman, why not bring Matty back? Or even make a pitch at Andre Markov?

No one on the Wings current roster, outside from Lidstrom, can provide the offense that Matty does. It's a joke to say that Kronwall can. Kronwall hasn't put up numbers that even would lead one to think he could equal or surpass what Matty does. And with Kronwalls injury history, you don't know what you can count on. Leba does have the wheels, but he isn't ready to provide the offensive boost either.

Sarich has never gotten 20 points in a season, never more than 5 goals (he has 10 career goals), he has been on the positive side of the +/- once with a +3, for his career he is a -38. I don't see him a a significant replacement over Markov. Very similar stats. Markov will be cheaper, so why not keep him?

Too bad +/- doesnt mean anything.... Marek Malik won the +/- award a few years ago, didnt he? (or was very close)

Who's to say we need two of the best offensive defensemen in the league on our team? A d-man's first priority is defense, which Schneider isnt too good at anyways. Have you looked at our 2nd line recently? Oh wait - it's not there. Lang and Bertuzzi are 2nd liners, but both arent playing too good as of late. Using money from Schneider's lost contract towards a forward/goalie would be much more beneficial.

I'd also like to see Sarich get $4mill....

Too bad +/- doesnt mean anything.... Marek Malik won the +/- award a few years ago, didnt he? (or was very close)

Who's to say we need two of the best offensive defensemen in the league on our team? A d-man's first priority is defense, which Schneider isnt too good at anyways. Have you looked at our 2nd line recently? Oh wait - it's not there. Lang and Bertuzzi are 2nd liners, but both arent playing too good as of late. Using money from Schneider's lost contract towards a forward/goalie would be much more beneficial.

I'd also like to see Sarich get $4mill....

+/- is HUGE. I'm not saying the guy needs to be the best at it every year, but it just goes to show that he isn't very defensively sound. And as a dman, that is a problem if you aren't putting up points. No regular Detroit dman was a minus last year, Kronwall was the closest he was 0 or even.

As far as the second line goes, I think the Wings should sign Bert. He will take a paycut if it's with Detroit or not. No one will pay him $6 per. I could see maybe $3 or $4 per, but that's stretching it for a guy who hasn't done much in these playoffs. If the Wings sign him, I am a big fan of seeing Bert - Flip - Rex as our second line. It would create something similar to the Homer - Pave - Hank line, and Flip and Rex have showed they deserve a steady shot.

Finally, paying Sarich $4 per is just nuts, but I'm sure someone will. I just don't think Kenny would dish out that kinda cash for an unproven dman.