• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redandwhiteforever

Chris Drury...

Rate this topic

Anyone else love this guy? Definetely one of my favorite players that isn't a red wing. He is such a clutch player, I can't count the number of times he has scored big time goals in games. He never pulls any annoying stunts and seems like an awesome leader. I remember hearing him after the chris neil hit, he just said "His job is to finish his check and that's what he did, his coach will be on him if he doesn't. That's all he was trying to do, I should have been more careful." or something along those lines. He is a good defensive player too, always out against the top lines of all teams and good on the faceoff circle too.

How much money do you think he will be offered? I personaly think the sabres are nuts if they sign Briere over him, but I've heard rumors Drury wants to go out west.

One of my faves and has been for a long, long time. The guy is clutch.

Don't know how much he expects to make and what not, but I'd absolutely LOVE seeing him in a Wings uni sometime in the near future. Don't think the Sabres will let him go though..

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

If anyone should appreciate how clutch he is, it is a Wings fan, right? In a lot of ways, he is exactly what the Wings need; he is playoff hockey. I know it won't happen, but ever since he repeatedly burned us as a member of the Avs, I have wanted him. Would've been sweet if we had grabbed him from Calgary, when his stock was low.

so are you saying you would take drury over datsyuk? Say sabres offered a trade they give us drury we give them datsyuk, what would you say?

so are you saying you would take drury over datsyuk? Say sabres offered a trade they give us drury we give them datsyuk, what would you say?

No. Considering they don't have him signed after this playoff. Easy question. Any more?

I've wanted to see Drury in a Wings uniform for as long as I can remember, even when he was with the Avs. He was always clutch in the playoffs, especially in overtime, and still is. If I'm the Wings this offseason, I'd be willing to overpay him a bit to come here, seeing as how he's money in the playoffs and thats all that counts here in Hockeytown

Offer 6 million and get him at summer. Definitely worth of it.

Zeta - Drury - Homer

Franz - Dats - Sammy

Huds - Flip - Kopecky

Cleary - Drap - Malts

Edited by Henkka

Offer 6 million and get him at summer. Definitely worth of it.

Zeta - Drury - Homer

Franz - Dats - Sammy

Huds - Flip - Kopecky

Cleary - Drap - Malts

too many small bodies , and grigorenko is "suppose" to play here next season .......as much as i like datsyuk id much rather have drury and he would of cost us cheaper and a longer term deal , im sorry ....like i said i like datsyuk but the wings screwed up that deal ( trust me i hope im wrong)

And then there is BRIERE - I hate this guy, he is very very annoying. He does a lot of dirty things a lot too, spearing people, and diving all around..

I think Buffalo is crazy if they keep this chump over Drury.

dont worry about it :blush: , anyone interested in Max?

too many small bodies , and grigorenko is "suppose" to play here next season .......as much as i like datsyuk id much rather have drury and he would of cost us cheaper and a longer term deal , im sorry ....like i said i like datsyuk but the wings screwed up that deal ( trust me i hope im wrong)

Grigorenko will be in the AHL at first. Like Valtteri. Dont count anything for him. He would be the 13th forward to replace injuries.

Grigorenko will be in the AHL at first. Like Valtteri. Dont count anything for him. He would be the 13th forward to replace injuries.

Assuming Markov, Schneider, Lang, and Hasek dont come back, then Detroit really needs 1 big name Dman, 1 big name forward OR 1 big name Goalie. If the cap goes up to about 47M next season, the Wings can afford to spend about 10M on two of those big stars and still be about 3M under the cap. They have a few defenseman who are ready to come in and Hudler and Filppula are ready for a bigger role on this team.

They can afford Drury if they want to get him - who wouldnt - and still ice a solid team in all aspects.

I don't believe that Grigorenko would sign a two-way contract. He will come over only if he is sure to make the first team. Otherwise, he'll be going back to Russia to play there. The difference in pay between AHL and RSL is too great.

I am a HUGE Chris Drury fan. I would wear a Sabres jersey if his name was on the back.

Drury is from my hometown, and pitched in the 1989 Little League Series for Trumbull, my hometown, on the day that I was born.

When he won the Cup with the Avs he brought the Cup to the Skating Rink where I played hockey and where he played hockey as a kid.

The house I used to live in Trumbull, they were good friends with the Drury's and had pictures of him Ted and their sons skating on the pond in the back.

Haha, that is why I love Chris Drury. He is a hometown hero and one the best hockey players in the league.

I'd take him any day of the week.

hated him when he was with the av's but hes a great american player and he fits perfectly with buffalo...i'm just anxious to see whats gonna happen with them in the off season.

There are alot of options in Buffalo right now. As far as mid level salaries, we like Zubrus, Roy, Mair, Pominville, Hecht as role players. Big contract talks with Drury & Vanek need to happen, Briere is most likely odd man out. The defense is pretty locked up for awhile except for Teppo, dunno. Paetsch will replace him.

Kotalik might be availiable for 2-3mil I think, he's not bad. Connolly and Max are still under contract.

Next generation is Stafford, Paille, Paetsch, Kaleta, The Goose amongst others who've seen time this year.

I dont think we pay for Briere's services after this season. Drury we lock up 5yr 30-40mil.

Edited by wee whaler

Best nickname in hockey, Hockey God Chris Drury. LOVE IT. The guy has ice flowing through his veins. Well, maybe just really cold water. He is a clutch, big game preformer. Any team who gets him is instantly better. I can still remember when the Avs let him go, and Tanguay too. I was shocked. Two of the best players in the world. Hah, whever have the Avs been since? Guess I really can't complain lol!