• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redandwhiteforever

Chris Drury...

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Anyone else love this guy? Definetely one of my favorite players that isn't a red wing. He is such a clutch player, I can't count the number of times he has scored big time goals in games. He never pulls any annoying stunts and seems like an awesome leader. I remember hearing him after the chris neil hit, he just said "His job is to finish his check and that's what he did, his coach will be on him if he doesn't. That's all he was trying to do, I should have been more careful." or something along those lines. He is a good defensive player too, always out against the top lines of all teams and good on the faceoff circle too.

How much money do you think he will be offered? I personaly think the sabres are nuts if they sign Briere over him, but I've heard rumors Drury wants to go out west.

Deleted.

Edited by Crymson

Assuming Markov, Schneider, Lang, and Hasek dont come back, then Detroit really needs 1 big name Dman, 1 big name forward OR 1 big name Goalie. If the cap goes up to about 47M next season, the Wings can afford to spend about 10M on two of those big stars and still be about 3M under the cap. They have a few defenseman who are ready to come in and Hudler and Filppula are ready for a bigger role on this team.

They can afford Drury if they want to get him - who wouldnt - and still ice a solid team in all aspects.

I think the financial worries wouldn't be for next year, it'd be a long term problem. Drury's stock is sky high, what with Bucci pimping him out and all, and he is going to pull a rich, long term contract. We would have problems when Hank comes back up for a contract in a couple of seasons. Drury would be my favorite player if he signed with the Wings, but sadly, it ain't happening.