• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-Game 5 (5/5): Red Wings 4, Sharks 1

Rate this topic

i really think Mickey Redmond is psychic lol he called before the game that the wings would win 4-1 lol haha

Mickeys a funny guy.. I love when we does the commentary

Edited by drw1319

Make one of our forwards a defenseman and bring Huds back in...? I dunno. I miss Sergei.

I think we'd promote Meech before doing that.

In fact, Holland was just talking a couple of days ago about how good Meech has been for Grand Rapids. Personally, I thought Lebda played horrible in the Calgary series, so I wouldn't mind seeing Meech in over him.

Proper facewash etiquette: Always from left to right.

IPB Image

I love that photo because it shows you Chelios wiping Thornton's face like he has done to 2 generations of players. He is so experienced, he doesn't squint or worry.

I think we'd promote Meech before doing that.

In fact, Holland was just talking a couple of days ago about how good Meech has been for Grand Rapids. Personally, I thought Lebda played horrible in the Calgary series, so I wouldn't mind seeing Meech in over him.

Dude, then you weren't watching carefully. Lebda was playing good D, and was one of the few Wings that could gain the blue line with speed. He really does create at least 2-3 times a game with a good rush to get the puck in. I think we miss Lebda's speed.

Dude, then you weren't watching carefully. Lebda was playing good D, and was one of the few Wings that could gain the blue line with speed. He really does create at least 2-3 times a game with a good rush to get the puck in. I think we miss Lebda's speed.

Yeah - he also made bad pinches and gave up the blue line way too easy. I recognize he has great speed, but how fast do you think he's going to be on a bad ankle?

we need lebda speed and his ability to move the puck and jump up in the play but if his legs are hurting he is no good to you

such a convincing win always feels good. esp against that cocky 'im never wrong' Ron Wilson. I wonder who he's going to lay blame for foiling his perfect game plan

I'm glad they won, but I'm totally bummed that I didn't get to see it!

So I'm here to beg a favor. If anyone recorded this game, and would be willing to burn me a copy, I would be in your debt! Drop me a PM!

I feel I owe the hockey world a service since I own the 1998 Stanley Cup video, so I created the Ron Wilson Highlights from Game 2 of the stanley cup finals:

With the sharks facing elimination, maybe we'll have another one of his famous motivational speeches?

He is in the cormer rocking and suckin his thumb!

Yeah, I wouldn't blame spamgoblin if he was, I feel like doing that myself after that game but it's hard to type with your thumb in your mouth. Great game by the Wings. You guys would be just about unbeatable with a completely healthy team. If you get by the Sharks, and that's still a big IF at this point, I hope you have enough left to take the Ducks and whoever comes out of the East. Wings of '07 are a great team with a lot of heart. Only really bright spot I can think of for the Sharks is that this game was only Detroit's third win in the Series and not the fourth. Sharks are paying the price for letting those earlier 2-0 leads get away from them, though that's also to the Wings credit.

Looking forward to game 6 in SJ, I'll be making some noise, trying to help bring out the Sharks best. If the Sharks really bring it in game 6 and get the W, anything can happen in game 7. I hope Wings fans get to see another Wings-Sharks game at the JLA this season.