• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-Game 5 (5/5): Red Wings 4, Sharks 1

Rate this topic

I feel I owe the hockey world a service since I own the 1998 Stanley Cup video, so I created the Ron Wilson Highlights from Game 2 of the stanley cup finals:

With the sharks facing elimination, maybe we'll have another one of his famous motivational speeches?

Oh jesus, I heard about this famous speech but that was much worse than my imagination

dale hunter's like 'wtf is this guy saying? yeah im so fired up thanks coach'

After seeing that first goal go in I thought to myself, here we go again. We should just spot San Jose 2 goals at the begining of the game so we have 60 minutes to make our comback.

But, then Hasek picked it up. He was great the rest of the game. He played like I have been asking him to. He played BETTER this game than any other game this series. He made several HUGE saves to keep it 1-0, and continued the trend the rest of the game.

A few of you out there jump all over me when I said Dom needed to, and could play better. I was right, he did play better, and it showed. I've never been afraid of giving credit where it's due, even if it's to a player I don't like. Today I am giving credit to Dom, (whom I strongly dislike) he played a solid game, made huge saves, and for the most part, didn't cause so many miscues with the puck as he usually does.

This is the type of netminding we need to win the Cup. If Dom keeps up this type of play, we have a pretty damn good shot at silver. As long as he can stay focused, and keep his head in the game for 60 minutes, we are a team to be reckoned with.

Lastly, is the game time really 3pm Monday?

Just checking in to take my lumps. I haven't read anything because, honestly, it sucks.

To say that I'm extremely disappointed wouldn't do it justice. They showed no...anything...today after the first 15:00 of the game. I'm seeing lowlights of Calgary and Edmonton in my mind. What can I say, we're the new Ottawa Senators.

If you guys go on to win I want to thank you for getting Ron Wilson fired. I can't stand his methodology and can't wait for him to be shown the door if this team has yet another 20:00 effort on Monday (which I expect to see considering that's all they've done this series). It's been a long time coming. Go ahead, Ronnie, try to get your golf tour card.

I'll be in the building on Monday, doing everything I can to prolong the series, but, I just don't see the heart or grit in this team...again. If we could only have 12 Mike Grier's up front, 6 Mike Grier's on the blue line, 1 Mike Grier in net, and another Mike Grier in a suit behind the bench, we would have the heart of a champion. But instead we have a bunch of Patty Marleaus.

Congrats on the win.

Ugh.

I was at the game today....

and honestly I don't have words for how truly amazing it was in there tonight. My ears are still ringing. Andddd I don't have a voice left haha. The fans were wonderful, our boys were wonderful, and that score...hell yes. I seriously love being a wings fan haha.

GO WINGS!!! TAKE IT IN 6!!!

I can't believe that I forgot to mention how GREAT Big Bert was today. He may not have put up any points, but wow was he on his game!! Atta boy. Only gonna get better from here on out.

i agree. i thought he had a much better showing than last game. he was controlling the puck and has some good passes and was quasi-physical. i think, if we get past the sharks, he'll keep getting better and more confident.

I can't believe that I forgot to mention how GREAT Big Bert was today. He may not have put up any points, but wow was he on his game!! Atta boy. Only gonna get better from here on out.

He played good. I thought Olczyk was spot on when he called him the Wings best forward in the 1st period.

Well I am great luck when I'm out during the game: Wings are not only 3-0, but 3 butt kickings. Luckily I had my satellite radio with me.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the Sharks, I just couldn't buy into the 'falling apart' train of thought - they're too good of a team. But, they do not play a complete game, and the Red Wings do (except for game 1, cough). Maybe they could get away with that against our lesser division member Nashville, but it ain't gonna work against the Wings. I'm hoping for a big game 6 victory, no game 7 please. Do the Sharks really want to torture themselves but flying all the way back to Detroit for a butt kicking? :P

I just finished watching the game via DVR recording......YEEAAAHH BBBAABBY!!! Wings bring the GRIT it takes to win another CUP! Whhooo Hoooo, I'm freakin stoked!

Although I find myself thinking about a game 7, I sure hope not, as the Wings need the rest badly.

Go Wings! They freakin rocked today!!

I'm glad they won, but I'm totally bummed that I didn't get to see it!

So I'm here to beg a favor. If anyone recorded this game, and would be willing to burn me a copy, I would be in your debt! Drop me a PM!

Kristi I've got your back on this one. You'll probably have it by the end of next week.

I was gone on errands but I got to listen to part of it on the radio and I watched it later at home. My God, talk about a goal that came gift-wrapped, Pasha couldn't have missed that goal if he'd been shooting a trout fly. Absolutely beauty!

That's step 2. Now to finish them off. Sad that we lost Mathieu, but I have a feeling Brett will be back Monday. I don't think you're gonna keep him off the ice this time.

Edited by Kira

Great win,but the Schneids loss hurts...hopefully we can finish this in six...hate game 7's and I'm afraid the Sharks might have the momentum to take it. Let's also hope the Sens can come back and win tonight so we get an earlier start time :D I can't handle the day on only a couple hours of sleep anymore :P

So what happened? Last I saw (before an electrical storm knocked out my internet), the Sharks were in the lead 1-0, so I figured it was safe to say that the game was in the [Wings'] bag.

Killed me to miss the rest of the game, but now I'm thinking that the hockey gods were just being kind to me (the game started at 2am here in China), and all I could do was go to sleep.

4-1. Wow. I said I thought it was going to be a 4-2 game, just didn't know who.

I never thought I'd see the Sharks on the verge of elimination in this series. I really thought they'd take the Wings in 5, to be honest, 6 at the very most. Now it could very well be Wings in 6. Humbling!

Good game, Wings. That was a critical game for either team, and based on the final score, there can be no doubting that the better team won.

Cheers to Hockey Town.

Edited by Grypho

I know I'm late in posting here, but :banana:.

Schneids situation kept me from posting at the end of the game, as I was frantically looking for info. Horrible news.

However, great win and an unbelievable game by our 5 D men, and the Z-Dats-Homer line! :thumbup: