• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Schneider: OUT with Broken Wrist

Rate this topic

I admittedly skipped 2 whole pages of this thread, so if I'm repeating something I apologize in advance.

Gang, let's think about this for a second.

We spent more or less this entire game without Schneider. And we had probably our best game of the series.

Sure, being down a top defenseman over the next 2 series could lead to some tiredness and an AHLer getting minutes, but we can do this.

WE CAN ADAPT!

WE CAN OVERCOME!

WE CAN DO THIS!

No worries. We'll win the Cup for our ailing defensemen. #3 and #23.

Edited by FireCaptain

I know we are all pissed and that this is a HUGE blow, but it's things like this that truly show you what your team is made of. Every team when going through a long run in the playoffs will have to go through times like this. That's what adversity is, and it's the teams that face the adversity and get through it that are the ones that are going to go really far. This is a test for our boys, and I'm more tha confident they will pass it.

GO WINGS!!!

Get better, Matt. We love you!

I admittedly skipped 2 whole pages of this thread, so if I'm repeating something I apologize in advance.

Gang, let's think about this for a second.

We spent more or less this entire game without Schneider. And we had probably our best game of the series.

Sure, being down a top defenseman over the next 2 series could lead to some tiredness and an AHLer getting minutes, but we can do this.

WE CAN ADAPT!

WE CAN OVERCOME!

WE CAN DO THIS!

No worries. We'll win the Cup for our ailing defensemen. #3 and #23.

The Pain Train is fine! ;)

sh*t. we're gonna need lebda back QUICK.

He won't be. He needs a couple more games to be back.

Ericsson, and Meech are going to play.

BTW, I'm kinda stoked bout Jonathan. He's supposedly something special and he's a big boy! 6'5' 220. :thumbup:

Do your thang, Johnny!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

This is crazy situation. Now we really need guys to step up. I really hope Lebda is ready, he can take the role from Schneids, but of course not 100%.

WE CAN MAKE IT.

JUST BELIEVE.

Guest Crymson

We will endure.

Schneider can be in next year's Versus Stanley Cup commercials: Schneider breaks wrist, lifts cup with his other arm.

Guest Crymson

lol. schneider breaks wrist, lifts cup with elbow.

I like that better than mine.

I agree with whoever said we played nearly the entire game without Schneider.

Lest we forget, we have 3 of the TOP defensive forwards in the game in Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Draper, not to mention an often over-looked d-man by the name of Lidstrom. The two rookies will NEVER be on the ice at the same time while the other four will log 24-30 minutes each. The forwards will just have to make sure they're doing their part defensively.

Meech is a better option. Kronwall is totally out of shape, and it's coming on 2 months since he's played. Bad choice.

Kronwall has never impressed me this season. The puck could be glued to his stick and he'd still lose it. He does hit, but not on a consistant basis.

still at it i see lmao :D

Kronner can probably play in Round 3, IF the Wings advance. That's what I heard from him at least..

thats good news thanks for the info ........so what does our d look like for monday ??? if lebda is out .....

lidstrom markov

lilja quincey

meech chelios

???

might be enough to get into the next round but we need kronwall and lebda back healthy

In regards to the defensive forwards - do any of you think they could play a few shifts as a D-man?

Remember when Bowman sent out Federov as a D-man and he was damn good at it?

I'm just wondering if we have anyone, Draper?, that would be up to that kind of task. Not the whole game, but for a few shifts. Thoughts?

In regards to the defensive forwards - do any of you think they could play a few shifts as a D-man?

I'm just wondering if we have anyone, Draper?, that would be up to that kind of task. Not the whole game, but for a few shifts. Thoughts?

There was talk of Lewis putting Maltby on defense a couple years ago when the D had a whole slew of injuries. He practiced back there for a day or two but they didn't end up trying it in a game. The thinking was he was used to going back to help the D all the time anyway with the left wing lock and he was far and away the best at skating backwards of all the forwards. I seriously doubt Babcock will go that route unless we lose yet another guy (god forbid!). But if he did put a forward back I think Maltby would be the most logical choice due to his skating and his history playing the left side all the years the Wings played the left wing lock. Draper may be the better defensive forward, but Malts is very good in his own right. And Draper's so dominant at center it would do more harm than good to move him.

Franzen might be OK as a D-man, but it's too risky to do this in the playoffs. You need several games to get the positioning right.