• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Schneider: OUT with Broken Wrist

Rate this topic

Just haaaaad to be Bob for slot 6, didn't it? :P

You know it! That was the biggest goal of the playoffs thus far. Speaking of which I miss your bob ava...though I am A-ok with Bert, too. Cannot wait till he makes it to the sig.

You know it! That was the biggest goal of the playoffs thus far. Speaking of which I miss your bob ava...though I am A-ok with Bert, too. Cannot wait till he makes it to the sig.

Well, I've already got something lined up if the Wings move on to face the Ducks, but I'll tell ya what: next big goal that Bob scores will be met with Victoly! and Fanciness from me. :D

so far injuries include...

homer. lebda. schneids. bert.

and those are only the players hurt in the playoffs. not including pecky and kronner. its safe to say (IMO) that the wings D is decimated by injuries.

having two guys on the blueline with little or NO nhl experience? iche. not good.

Well, I've already got something lined up if the Wings move on to face the Ducks, but I'll tell ya what: next big goal that Bob scores will be met with Victoly! and Fanciness from me. :D

I was going to tell you last game that I think if you supported Lang with your old ava that it would ensure a victoly ha ha.

Because you know cheering for Lang = guaranteed win.

Fanciness :lol:

Cliche? Maybe, but a team that faces zero adversity (*cough-cough: Ducks) isn't battle-tested like ours. :P

I agree with this sentiment. I was thinking this the other day. All great teams have to face great adversity and overcome it. It's just how it is. This is part of our adversity.

Cliche? Maybe, but a team that faces zero adversity (*cough-cough: Ducks) isn't battle-tested like ours. :P

For a while it was becoming a cliche that Pronger would be injured on the Ducks. But yeah, they face pretty much zero adversity. Minnesota and Vancouver didn't even put up a fight.

This is pretty sad news, both for our blueline and for the man himself...sucks to be going strong and suddenly not being able to play, especially if the Wings make it to the finals.

I am worried that we won the series but lost the playoffs because of that hit on Schneider. He wasn't as good as Pronger or Scott, but him and Lidstrom fit better in the team then the Ducks top two and made the entire team better chemistry wise. We are getting thin, and this time its at the top of our teams strong suit.

Not good....

That being said, I still remain optimistic that we can pull through with the interestingly solid Quincey, Lebda the unsung hero, and Lilja the X factor picking up the slack. I pray Kronner comes back fast or Schneids gets a rod put in his wrist.

Losing Schneider hurts, but I'm more conserned what it might do to Lilja's game. He's been our 2nd best defenseman in my opinion, and of couse, his partner was Schneid's.

He adjusted well in game 5, so that's a good sign.

aww thats some realllly bad news.....

i hope lebda can come back for monday

question if we get to the next series and then to the SC finals

is there anyway he would be able to play again?

I dont know how long ppl are usually out when they brake their wrist?

Everybody feels the same way, but I think it's a chance for Quincey to step up

as for your first question my aswer is BRING IT ON MIGHTY ******* OF ANAHEM

I get the feeling the next month could determine whether Schneider comes back, and at what price.

If the Wings get destroyed and Schneider's absence is a noticeable factor...he'll be back. If Kronwall steps in and plays just as well as Matty...Schneider might be gone.

They just said he's going to have surgery next week and will be in a splint the next 8 weeks or so. :(

Such an innocent play turns out to be so damn ugly.

Also, Krons is going to start skating by the end of this week. If the Wings make it to the SCF he'd more than likely be ready to go.

Looks like we are going to need Lebs to step it up big time. He's done great, but he's going to have to do even better now.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I get the feeling the next month could determine whether Schneider comes back, and at what price.

If the Wings get destroyed and Schneider's absence is a noticeable factor...he'll be back. If Kronwall steps in and plays just as well as Matty...Schneider might be gone.

Well, they got started off on the right foot without Schneider. Thier PP went, what? 2 for 6 in his absence, and the 5th and 6th PPs didnt really count given that we were holding off at that point. I love Schneider and all, but if Anaheim is as good as the Sharks were at blocking shots, his absence might not be as noticeable on the point since well have to play more down low. And if the Ducks decide to take away the down low players on the PP now that Schneider is out, thats going to leave Lidstrom open A LOT.

IMO, the Wings will adjust. Theyve done so perfectly so far.

There are quite a few teams in desperate need of an offensive defenseman. That could up his pricetag. The Wings likely wont get into a bidding war with Schneider given his age and the fact that the young NHL ready Dmen the Wings have are starting to pile up. I wouldnt be surprised if Kenny wants to get Kindl and Quincey into the lineup ASAP while Lidstrom is still around for 1) mentoring purposes and 2) to make smooth the transition when Lidstrom retires. It might be too much for the WIngs to handle if we have too many 1st and 2nd year defenseman without Lidstroms presence.

As soon as they said he was out for the rest of the game I turned to my brother and told him it was broken...there'd be no reason not to put him back in the game if it wasn't a fracture. This sucks. Does anyone know what Kronwall's original injury was?

Always thinkin'! Agree, although I still worry about Kronwall's defensive zone puck handling!

esteef

The thing that really is making me not worry too much about Schneider being gone is that he was never really spectacular on defense. Of course, we'll miss his offence, but I'd rather it was him that went instead of some more defensively capable player. I'm still a subscriber to the idea that defense wins championships, and we didn't take TOO big of a knock by losing him.

Word,

Ldi03