• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#161 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:56 AM

Losing Schneider hurts, but I'm more conserned what it might do to Lilja's game. He's been our 2nd best defenseman in my opinion, and of couse, his partner was Schneid's.

He adjusted well in game 5, so that's a good sign.

#162 foreignfan

foreignfan

Red wings stanley cup champs 2006-2007

• 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(drw1319 @ May 5, 2007 - 09:01PM) View Post

aww thats some realllly bad news.....
i hope lebda can come back for monday
question if we get to the next series and then to the SC finals
is there anyway he would be able to play again?
I dont know how long ppl are usually out when they brake their wrist?

Everybody feels the same way, but I think it's a chance for Quincey to step up

as for your first question my aswer is BRING IT ON MIGHTY ******* OF ANAHEM

#163 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:45 AM

I get the feeling the next month could determine whether Schneider comes back, and at what price.

If the Wings get destroyed and Schneider's absence is a noticeable factor...he'll be back. If Kronwall steps in and plays just as well as Matty...Schneider might be gone.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#164 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:52 AM

They just said he's going to have surgery next week and will be in a splint the next 8 weeks or so. sad.gif

Such an innocent play turns out to be so damn ugly.

Also, Krons is going to start skating by the end of this week. If the Wings make it to the SCF he'd more than likely be ready to go.

Looks like we are going to need Lebs to step it up big time. He's done great, but he's going to have to do even better now.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 07 May 2007 - 03:52 AM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#165 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ May 7, 2007 - 04:45AM) View Post

I get the feeling the next month could determine whether Schneider comes back, and at what price.

If the Wings get destroyed and Schneider's absence is a noticeable factor...he'll be back. If Kronwall steps in and plays just as well as Matty...Schneider might be gone.

Well, they got started off on the right foot without Schneider. Thier PP went, what? 2 for 6 in his absence, and the 5th and 6th PPs didnt really count given that we were holding off at that point. I love Schneider and all, but if Anaheim is as good as the Sharks were at blocking shots, his absence might not be as noticeable on the point since well have to play more down low. And if the Ducks decide to take away the down low players on the PP now that Schneider is out, thats going to leave Lidstrom open A LOT.

IMO, the Wings will adjust. Theyve done so perfectly so far.

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ May 7, 2007 - 04:45AM) View Post

There are quite a few teams in desperate need of an offensive defenseman. That could up his pricetag. The Wings likely wont get into a bidding war with Schneider given his age and the fact that the young NHL ready Dmen the Wings have are starting to pile up. I wouldnt be surprised if Kenny wants to get Kindl and Quincey into the lineup ASAP while Lidstrom is still around for 1) mentoring purposes and 2) to make smooth the transition when Lidstrom retires. It might be too much for the WIngs to handle if we have too many 1st and 2nd year defenseman without Lidstroms presence.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#166 yoops14

yoops14

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:08 AM

As soon as they said he was out for the rest of the game I turned to my brother and told him it was broken...there'd be no reason not to put him back in the game if it wasn't a fracture. This sucks. Does anyone know what Kronwall's original injury was?

#167 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

I just saw this and got kinda choked up by it.

Schneider's words of wisdom.

That's such a great gesture by him to pull Lebs to the side and have a heart to heart with him to take his place. Wow. clap.gif

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 07 May 2007 - 04:21 AM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#168 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ May 7, 2007 - 03:45AM) View Post

Always thinkin'! Agree, although I still worry about Kronwall's defensive zone puck handling!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#169 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ May 7, 2007 - 12:20PM) View Post

I just saw this and got kinda choked up by it.

Schneider's words of wisdom.

That's such a great gesture by him to pull Lebs to the side and have a heart to heart with him to take his place. Wow. clap.gif

I saw that too, that's great. A true leader's gesture. thumbup.gif
Thank You TeeMan

#170 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:20 AM

The thing that really is making me not worry too much about Schneider being gone is that he was never really spectacular on defense. Of course, we'll miss his offence, but I'd rather it was him that went instead of some more defensively capable player. I'm still a subscriber to the idea that defense wins championships, and we didn't take TOO big of a knock by losing him.
Word,
Ldi03
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.