• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

Samuelsson - Time to give the guy some kudos

Rate this topic

everyone eat crow right now, im serving up nice steaming plates of it, come grab your plate!

if that's what sammy is serving tonight, i'll take seconds.

i wanted to see more, and he's certainly showing me lots. great job sammy! keep it up. :clap:

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Up until the first period of this game, I wouldn't disagree with him. I'm sure he's as glad as anyone that Sammy got a pair.

I would. I thought his physical play alone got him a spot on this squad. I totally disagreed then, and obvioulsly I strongly disagree now. Physical play for us Wings is absolutely CRUCIAL. And not only has he done that consistantly, he as also scored 3 goals this post season. He deserves MAD props. Give it up.

I would. I thought his physical play alone got him a spot on this squad. I totally disagreed then, and obvioulsly I strongly disagree now. Physical play for us Wings is absolutely CRUCIAL. And not only has he done that consistantly, he as also scored 3 goals this post season. He deserves MAD props. Give it up.

Yeah, mad love for Sammy, what I was saying is it's unfair to go back and be snarky with him because of what happened afterwards.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Oh and nevermind NFM, I see you are taking your crow like a man. Thats good enough for me. Hows it taste?lol

I never said anything about him on this board but after Game 3 I was constantly complaining to my friends about Sammy.

I'm ready for my helping of crow. I heard it goes down much better with a shot of Crown Royal though.

Thank you Sammy! :clap:

LGW has an influence?

With his own goal-scoring struggles, and the power play not always clicking in these playoffs, Samuelsson was fast becoming a target of fans on Web site forums and slowly, at Joe Louis Arena, although he wasn't paying attention.

Well what do you know! Has to be LGW's doing. :lol:

Edited by FinWing

Oh and nevermind NFM, I see you are taking your crow like a man. Thats good enough for me. Hows it taste?lol

The double order of crow last night was delicious, and I give mad props to Sammy for stepping up in a big way. Those who know me here, know I'm level-headed and am the first to admit when I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, I have to play devils advocate. You gotta admit that leading up to these past two games, Sammy had generated no offense whatsover, and deserved a lot of the criticism that he got. It's no different than Lang. The way people were bashing him through the first 5 games of the series against Calgary, than all of a sudden, he scores the huge game 6 tying goal. All of a sudden people lay off him. Then he did it again in Game 4 of this SJ series (which was probably the biggest goal of the series), and again people lay off him for a day.

Sure I'll give Sammy mad props for a great game last night, and a solid Game 5, but Sammy needs to continue that type of play before he deserves praise all around as the second coming Christ. A guy like Lidstrom........that's a guy that proves that he deserves praise night-in and night-out. Here's hoping Sammy can do the same.

Congrats on the great past two games Sammy. My crow was delicious!

LOL I don't know if anyone besides myself caught this, but they were interviewing Sammy after practice and the lady asked: "You guys have a chance to eliminate the Sharks tonight in Game 6, how do you guys feel going into game 6?" and then Sammy says "Oh we're going to win, for sure." And then she was like "Ooh is that a guarantee?" *Kinda like a Guaransheed* and then he just started laughing.

Hmmmm.. Sammy's feeling good bout tonight! Watch it be him that scores the GWG.

:sly:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25