• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Quadnational

Lebda will play in Game 6

Rate this topic

Kronwall's actually taller, with similiar weight. Other than that, I fully agree. I've missed Lebda.

Does anybody worry that even if we get by San Jose we will just be too beat up to give Anaheim a decent challenge?Defense is taking a hell of a pounding and the young replacements will make mistakes with Selanne or Getzlaf bearing down on them THe cup teams of yesteryear were ridiculously healthy when they won

Kronwall's actually taller, with similiar weight. Other than that, I fully agree. I've missed Lebda.

Guess you're right, Kronwall is about an inch taller, but 10-20 lbs lighter than Lebda, depending on which web site you believe. It just seems that Kronwall is very injury-prone. Lebda is a faster skater, though I don't think he has as good a shot as Kronner.

Kenny may think he's ready to go, but I doubt Babcock will play him. Coach didn't seem too sure in the post game and mentioned that Meech and Ericsson are up now and he expected to have Kronwall, Schneider, and Lebda but he doesn't so he'll deal with it.

I can't find it now, but there was an extra quote in some post-game write-up that said Piet Van Zant hadn't set a time table for Lebda's return yet.

Not to mention that rushing a guy, whose game is based on mobility, back from an ankle injury is just a really bad idea.

Lebda said he felt good enough to play in Game 5, but it was Babs decision and he didn't feel he was ready to go. I think Babs said he needed a few more practices in or something and then maybe he'd put him in. I don't think Holland would say that he's a go for Game 6 if he didn't talk to Mike first.

Lebda said he felt good enough to play in Game 5, but it was Babs decision and he didn't feel he was ready to go. I think Babs said he needed a few more practices in or something and then maybe he'd put him in. I don't think Holland would say that he's a go for Game 6 if he didn't talk to Mike first.

A GM saying a player is ready to play and a coach actually playing him are two very different things. Kenny is in the PR business and optimism sells. You'd never hear Holland answer the question about Schneider the way Babcock did. "He has a broken wrist. He's done." There would be some hm'ing and ha'ing about preliminary diagnoses and further tests. Not, "there might be a miracle... but he's done."

These injuries are piling up like crazy ... could you imagine our team with all of our D-men healthy :(

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Schneider-Lilja

Markov-Chelios

Lebda

These injuries are piling up like crazy ... could you imagine our team with all of our D-men healthy :(

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Schneider-Lilja

Markov-Chelios

Lebda

Ahhh fantastic.

Doesn't it amaze you though that with all the injuries the D still looks SO great out there? The Wings have got some damn good depth on D and it's showing. Lebda's almost ready, and I've hear Nik repeat a bunch of times that if the Wings were to be in the Conference Finals that he'd be ready. IF they do make it, then all our guys will be back except for Schneids, in which we really don't know how long he'll be out until he gets a bunch of tests and such done. They are just saying 'done for the playoffs' because that's the obvious answer. Anything can happen though.. *crosses fingers*

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Wow I sure hope so. Especially after the loss of Schneids. Lebda will be a huge factor in us getting past the ducks. We need ever healthy d-man we can get. But suprisingly even without Schneider, I am totally confident in our squad to get to the finals and win it. We just need everyone showing up and putting their all into it, and we'll be just fine.

Does anybody worry that even if we get by San Jose we will just be too beat up to give Anaheim a decent challenge?Defense is taking a hell of a pounding and the young replacements will make mistakes with Selanne or Getzlaf bearing down on them THe cup teams of yesteryear were ridiculously healthy when they won

Good teams find a way to win. We are beat up right now thats for sure, but we are showing a lot of adversity to what is happening. We will need to pick it up and do it again that is for sure. That series won't come easy.

First things first though....winning tonight or Wednesday.

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Schneider-Lilja

Markov-Chelios

Lebda

Good teams find a way to win. We are beat up right now thats for sure, but we are showing a lot of adversity to what is happening. We will need to pick it up and do it again that is for sure. That series won't come easy.

First things first though....winning tonight or Wednesday.

The Wings will be beat up and it will make the Ducks a challenge if the Wings get there. But I was just thinking the other day back in 2001 the Avs lost Forsberg to that injury just before the west finals against the Blues and the Blues were rolling into the 3rd round. I thought that the avs would stuggle. I mean Forsberg was a top 3 forward for them. All the Avs did was win in 5 and then take the Devils in 7 to win the cup. Not saying the Wings will do this but it's amazing what a team can do. And yeah the Wings could have those d-men pairings but how do you know they play as well together as they are doing right now? Obviously talent wise it would be better but the 7 guys who have played so far in these playoffs have been great.

Edited by StevieY9802