• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Jiri the man

Jiri the man

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt like this at the beginning of this series.I didn't give the Wigs much of a chanch against a big ,fast and hungry Sharks team.I didn't take in mind what EXPERIANCE brings to the game. blush.gif

I heard all the hype about how the Sharks would beat the Wings into submission,and when it started to look like the Wings where going to hold their own I started to believe that they could do it with some grit and some blood and sweat.It has turned out real well for the Boy's in Red. biggrin.gif

Don't get me wrong,I am not counting the Sharks out by no means they are a very good team and I have the utt most respect for them. smile.gif

All I want to know is who else felt this way in the beginning. ph34r.gif

RED WINGS IN 6 biggrin.gif
If it's possible it can be done right away,If it's impossible it will take a little longer.

Gen George Patton.

#2 HomeNugget

HomeNugget

It's the Bishop!

• Gold Booster
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

i never doubted them, but the series still isn't over.

#3 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:53 PM

this is remnicent of the 2002 wcf's, http://sports.espn.g...s?series=coldet
wings won game 1, avs 2, wings 3, avs 4 & 5, wings 6 & 7

Its not over until its over.
RIP #24

#4 MrSandMan

MrSandMan

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Jiri the man @ May 6, 2007 - 03:27PM) View Post

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt like this at the beginning of this series.I didn't give the Wigs much of a chanch against a big ,fast and hungry Sharks team.I didn't take in mind what EXPERIANCE brings to the game. blush.gif

I heard all the hype about how the Sharks would beat the Wings into submission,and when it started to look like the Wings where going to hold their own I started to believe that they could do it with some grit and some blood and sweat.It has turned out real well for the Boy's in Red. biggrin.gif

Don't get me wrong,I am not counting the Sharks out by no means they are a very good team and I have the utt most respect for them. smile.gif

Detroit has figured out a way to beat this team. They may be big, fast, and hungary... but we mentally exhausted their weak little minds.

X X X X - X X X X - X X O O - O O O O

The road to the Stanley Cup runs thru HockeyTown!

Show no mercy, leave no doubt!

#5 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

I also picked the Sharks (in 6), mainly due to watching them all season and seeing just how dynamite they can be.

I am amazed at the Red Wings will, and even if they still lose this series, they've proven that (this year) they're built for the playoffs.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#6 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

Series isn't over yet my friend. Still got to win one more game.

#7 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

This series isn't over yet, but this is what I said after the Wings won Game 2 and it still holds true:

QUOTE(ARice89 @ April 29, 2007 - 12:03PM) View Post

Just throwing this out there: A lot of Sharks fans are saying stuff along the lines of, "The Wings didn't beat the Sharks, the Sharks just didn't come to play," as if that's a legitimate excuse for the loss. Wasn't that the Sharks problem in the Playoffs last year? Hasn't that been the Wings problem in the Playoffs the past few years?

If the Sharks can't find consistency it's going to be a big problem for them, just like if the Wings can't play until after the 10 minute mark it's going to be a problem for them.

We get it Sharks fans, your team is bigger and younger than ours. Enough with the overly-confident act. I'm seeing it all over the place. Until your team can outplay the Wings for 60 minutes, hold off with the cockiness. The youth that the Sharks have (that all of you brag about) could end up being their biggest problem, just like it was last year (knock on wood).

I hope Ron Wilson keeps up the, "What?! We can't be outplayed; we're bigger, younger, and faster!" attitude.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#8 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, especially when this series has been ALL about battling back and we are going to the Shark Tank....I wouldn't count out the Sharks just yet...but I never actually was scared of them, and continue not to be scared of them. I just want the Wings to play to their potential!

GO WINGS!

Posted Image

#9 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Ozzie30 @ May 6, 2007 - 02:53PM) View Post

this is remnicent of the 2002 wcf's, http://sports.espn.g...s?series=coldet
wings won game 1, avs 2, wings 3, avs 4 & 5, wings 6 & 7

Its not over until its over.

Are you suggesting that San Jose will win?

#10 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

The Sharks haven't shown me anything. They've blown 3 leads and just hung on in Game 1. Their only convincing win was Game 3. It's over tomorrow night.

I too have heard the Sharks would beat the Wings into submission, just like they did against Nashville, but it's been the other way around.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#11 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ May 6, 2007 - 06:31PM) View Post

Are you suggesting that San Jose will win?

no i think he was proving that this series isnt over just because we won game 5
IPB Image
IPB Image

#12 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

I was never scared of the Sharks either. Sure I knew they were a talented bunch, but I never once thought that the Wings wouldn't be able to them especially with the way the Wings had been playing since the the start of the post season. It's a different team out there and I never once doubted them.

Like everyone says, the series isn't over, but our boys have proved mostly everyone wrong and that says a lot. I'm confident that they'll take the series tomorrow IF they carry that momentum from Game 5 and play a full 60 minutes.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#13 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ May 6, 2007 - 12:09PM) View Post

This series isn't over yet, but this is what I said after the Wings won Game 2 and it still holds true:

(ARice89 @ April 29, 2007 - 12:03PM) *
If the Sharks can't find consistency it's going to be a big problem for them,

Oh seems they've found some consistency....
Early 2 goal lead, poof
Early 2 goal lead, poof
Early 1 goal lead, poof

I'm kidding of course......I refuse refuse refuse to talk about da Sharks in the past tense. Nabby has been off his ass - imagine if he gets really hot and goes unconscious for the next two games?
What a great series though!

#14 Sech

Sech

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

I know this is off topic, but is anyone else a little disappointed with Calder and his play in the playoffs? He was brought in to throw his weight around and make us a tougher team (which i guess he is doing a little bit, but no more than guys like Malts and Cleary), but also to "regain his old form" and help put some pucks in the net, which it seems he has yet to do.

#15 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ May 6, 2007 - 04:09PM) View Post

I remember this. Good call.

Keep the faith.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#16 tweekvp

tweekvp

^ A True Great ^

• Silver Booster
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

To say I had no fear of the Sharks would be a lie.

I have always had faith the Wings would take it in six but I knew it was going to be a tough series.

I think the Wings skill / experience / heart has kept us in this series. The fact that the Sharks are lacking in experience / heart has helped us as well.

The size thing honestly did not worry me that much though. It takes more energy for a big guy to get up when he's down. Size can be as big a hindrance as an asset if not used effectively.

I just hope we can finish this series on Monday.

Thats right it's Rollerderby.

#17 kozac

kozac

another soft russian

• PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

I definitely didn't count Detroit out of it, but i did pick San Jose in 7 (please don't beat me if it turns out ot be right). Now it may very well be Detroit in 6 and i sure hope it will.

#18 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Sech @ May 6, 2007 - 06:57PM) View Post

I know this is off topic, but is anyone else a little disappointed with Calder and his play in the playoffs? He was brought in to throw his weight around and make us a tougher team (which i guess he is doing a little bit, but no more than guys like Malts and Cleary), but also to "regain his old form" and help put some pucks in the net, which it seems he has yet to do.

Calder has a broken hand, it's a wonder he's playing at all.

"All hockey players are bi-lingual. We speak English and Profanity" Gordie Howe

#19 BringHomeTheCup!

BringHomeTheCup!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(Jiri the man @ May 6, 2007 - 03:27PM) View Post

I'm actually in the crowd that didn't give the Sharks enough credit. I did say this series would go 6, obviously picking the Wings. However, I didn't think they would give us this much trouble.

#20 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

I never for a second thought we'd lose. We're winning the cup this year , some of you have no faith.

GO WINGS

#NOMOREKINDL