• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiri the man

I have to tell the truth.

Rate this topic

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt like this at the beginning of this series.I didn't give the Wigs much of a chanch against a big ,fast and hungry Sharks team.I didn't take in mind what EXPERIANCE brings to the game. :blush:

I heard all the hype about how the Sharks would beat the Wings into submission,and when it started to look like the Wings where going to hold their own I started to believe that they could do it with some grit and some blood and sweat.It has turned out real well for the Boy's in Red. :D

Don't get me wrong,I am not counting the Sharks out by no means they are a very good team and I have the utt most respect for them. :)

All I want to know is who else felt this way in the beginning. :ph34r:

RED WINGS IN 6 :D

Guest MrSandMan

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt like this at the beginning of this series.I didn't give the Wigs much of a chanch against a big ,fast and hungry Sharks team.I didn't take in mind what EXPERIANCE brings to the game. :blush:

I heard all the hype about how the Sharks would beat the Wings into submission,and when it started to look like the Wings where going to hold their own I started to believe that they could do it with some grit and some blood and sweat.It has turned out real well for the Boy's in Red. :D

Don't get me wrong,I am not counting the Sharks out by no means they are a very good team and I have the utt most respect for them. :)

Detroit has figured out a way to beat this team. They may be big, fast, and hungary... but we mentally exhausted their weak little minds.

I also picked the Sharks (in 6), mainly due to watching them all season and seeing just how dynamite they can be.

I am amazed at the Red Wings will, and even if they still lose this series, they've proven that (this year) they're built for the playoffs.

This series isn't over yet, but this is what I said after the Wings won Game 2 and it still holds true:

Just throwing this out there: A lot of Sharks fans are saying stuff along the lines of, "The Wings didn't beat the Sharks, the Sharks just didn't come to play," as if that's a legitimate excuse for the loss. Wasn't that the Sharks problem in the Playoffs last year? Hasn't that been the Wings problem in the Playoffs the past few years?

If the Sharks can't find consistency it's going to be a big problem for them, just like if the Wings can't play until after the 10 minute mark it's going to be a problem for them.

We get it Sharks fans, your team is bigger and younger than ours. Enough with the overly-confident act. I'm seeing it all over the place. Until your team can outplay the Wings for 60 minutes, hold off with the cockiness. The youth that the Sharks have (that all of you brag about) could end up being their biggest problem, just like it was last year (knock on wood).

I hope Ron Wilson keeps up the, "What?! We can't be outplayed; we're bigger, younger, and faster!" attitude.

Yeah, especially when this series has been ALL about battling back and we are going to the Shark Tank....I wouldn't count out the Sharks just yet...but I never actually was scared of them, and continue not to be scared of them. I just want the Wings to play to their potential!

GO WINGS!

The Sharks haven't shown me anything. They've blown 3 leads and just hung on in Game 1. Their only convincing win was Game 3. It's over tomorrow night.

I too have heard the Sharks would beat the Wings into submission, just like they did against Nashville, but it's been the other way around.

I was never scared of the Sharks either. Sure I knew they were a talented bunch, but I never once thought that the Wings wouldn't be able to them especially with the way the Wings had been playing since the the start of the post season. It's a different team out there and I never once doubted them.

Like everyone says, the series isn't over, but our boys have proved mostly everyone wrong and that says a lot. I'm confident that they'll take the series tomorrow IF they carry that momentum from Game 5 and play a full 60 minutes.

This series isn't over yet, but this is what I said after the Wings won Game 2 and it still holds true:

(ARice89 @ April 29, 2007 - 12:03PM) *

If the Sharks can't find consistency it's going to be a big problem for them,

Oh seems they've found some consistency....

Early 2 goal lead, poof

Early 2 goal lead, poof

Early 1 goal lead, poof

I'm kidding of course......I refuse refuse refuse to talk about da Sharks in the past tense. Nabby has been off his ass - imagine if he gets really hot and goes unconscious for the next two games?

What a great series though!

I know this is off topic, but is anyone else a little disappointed with Calder and his play in the playoffs? He was brought in to throw his weight around and make us a tougher team (which i guess he is doing a little bit, but no more than guys like Malts and Cleary), but also to "regain his old form" and help put some pucks in the net, which it seems he has yet to do.

I remember this. Good call.

Keep the faith.

To say I had no fear of the Sharks would be a lie.

I have always had faith the Wings would take it in six but I knew it was going to be a tough series.

I think the Wings skill / experience / heart has kept us in this series. The fact that the Sharks are lacking in experience / heart has helped us as well.

The size thing honestly did not worry me that much though. It takes more energy for a big guy to get up when he's down. Size can be as big a hindrance as an asset if not used effectively.

I just hope we can finish this series on Monday.

I definitely didn't count Detroit out of it, but i did pick San Jose in 7 (please don't beat me if it turns out ot be right). Now it may very well be Detroit in 6 and i sure hope it will.

I know this is off topic, but is anyone else a little disappointed with Calder and his play in the playoffs? He was brought in to throw his weight around and make us a tougher team (which i guess he is doing a little bit, but no more than guys like Malts and Cleary), but also to "regain his old form" and help put some pucks in the net, which it seems he has yet to do.

Calder has a broken hand, it's a wonder he's playing at all.

I'm actually in the crowd that didn't give the Sharks enough credit. I did say this series would go 6, obviously picking the Wings. However, I didn't think they would give us this much trouble.

The Sharks have plenty of playoff experience as well. Not in terms of cups, but in terms of games played in the playoffs, as a team they rank right up there with the Red Wings.

Wings may be older, but they are simply the better team out there right now, even with the injuries...and experience isn't a very big part of that in this series, imo.

The Sharks have plenty of playoff experience as well. Not in terms of cups, but in terms of games played in the playoffs, as a team they rank right up there with the Red Wings.

Wings may be older, but they are simply the better team out there right now, even with the injuries...and experience isn't a very big part of that in this series, imo.

In any playoff series, playoff experience is huge, i.e. Senators until this year, Blues of the 90's, Sabers last year.

no i think he was proving that this series isnt over just because we won game 5

Exactly.

I can't find any aticles from beween game 5 and game 6 of that series, but I do remember the media counting the WIngs out. I have faith that WIngs will win this series, but I don't think they're gonna breeze through the Sharks in game 6. Wings in 6, terrific, but I don't want to see anyone jump off the bandwagon if this thing goes to game 7.