• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 R3DWingFan1

R3DWingFan1

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(Jiri the man @ May 6, 2007 - 02:27PM) View Post

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt like this at the beginning of this series.I didn't give the Wigs much of a chanch against a big ,fast and hungry Sharks team.I didn't take in mind what EXPERIANCE brings to the game. blush.gif

I heard all the hype about how the Sharks would beat the Wings into submission,and when it started to look like the Wings where going to hold their own I started to believe that they could do it with some grit and some blood and sweat.It has turned out real well for the Boy's in Red. biggrin.gif

Don't get me wrong,I am not counting the Sharks out by no means they are a very good team and I have the utt most respect for them. smile.gif

All I want to know is who else felt this way in the beginning. ph34r.gif

RED WINGS IN 6 biggrin.gif

The Sharks have plenty of playoff experience as well. Not in terms of cups, but in terms of games played in the playoffs, as a team they rank right up there with the Red Wings.

Wings may be older, but they are simply the better team out there right now, even with the injuries...and experience isn't a very big part of that in this series, imo.

#22 BringHomeTheCup!

BringHomeTheCup!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(R3DWingFan1 @ May 6, 2007 - 09:10PM) View Post

The Sharks have plenty of playoff experience as well. Not in terms of cups, but in terms of games played in the playoffs, as a team they rank right up there with the Red Wings.

Wings may be older, but they are simply the better team out there right now, even with the injuries...and experience isn't a very big part of that in this series, imo.

In any playoff series, playoff experience is huge, i.e. Senators until this year, Blues of the 90's, Sabers last year.

#23 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Viperar @ May 6, 2007 - 06:44PM) View Post

no i think he was proving that this series isnt over just because we won game 5

Exactly.
I can't find any aticles from beween game 5 and game 6 of that series, but I do remember the media counting the WIngs out. I have faith that WIngs will win this series, but I don't think they're gonna breeze through the Sharks in game 6. Wings in 6, terrific, but I don't want to see anyone jump off the bandwagon if this thing goes to game 7.
RIP #24

#24 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

STFU and wait until (if) we beat the Sharks. it looks good but it's far from said and done yet

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Ozzie30 @ May 6, 2007 - 03:53PM) View Post

this is remnicent of the 2002 wcf's, http://sports.espn.g...s?series=coldet
wings won game 1, avs 2, wings 3, avs 4 & 5, wings 6 & 7

Its not over until its over.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Look to the right and read Bill Clement's prediction!!!! Hillarious! He has never forgiven Detroit for beating his beloved Flyers!!!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#26 FirstSamuel1745

FirstSamuel1745

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, I still think the Sharks are the better team (game 5 notwithstanding). The Wings' experience has helped, but there have been enough good bounces have gone the Red Wings' way. That's part of playoff hockey.

#27 Mason

Mason

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

I also admit I was scared, but I thought that the Wings could pull it off. I still do.

My original prediction was Wings in 7, but I think I'm going with Wings in 6 now. I can't help but think of the Calgary series.

Both teams are going to be desperate. I may be in for another night of high blood pressure and frustration, and then hopefully, like game 4, euphoria.

#28 Jiri the man

Jiri the man

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:48 AM

Man I never said this series was over ,by no means do I believe that.I have been a Red Wings (hockey) fan for 45 years,I never say its over till it's over.
I did say I respect the Sharks and I don't believe that they will lose their cool in game 6,we will have to fight for a win come game time.
If it's possible it can be done right away,If it's impossible it will take a little longer.

Gen George Patton.

#29 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

The Sharks will be at their most dangerous tomorrow. That's a team that had Cup aspirations and now that those dreams are against the wall, they're going to have to fight.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#30 Jiri the man

Jiri the man

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE(Jiri the man @ May 7, 2007 - 02:48AM) View Post

Man I never said this series was over ,by no means do I believe that.I have been a Red Wings (hockey) fan for 45 years,I never say its over till it's over.
I did say I respect the Sharks and I don't believe that they will lose their cool in game 6,we will have to fight for a win come game time.

I agree,but if they come out hitting and throwing them selves all over the place instead of playing smart hockey the Wings will make them pay.They are like traped rats though and that can be scary.

If it's possible it can be done right away,If it's impossible it will take a little longer.

Gen George Patton.

#31 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:13 AM

all we need is a solid first period out of dom and Nick and we will be seeing handshakes at the end.

Now, tomorrow I will bet a case of beer that the first goal will be important if the wings get it, a fast goal by the wings may break the any spirit they have.

If San Jose scores first, well based on this series im not sure if that will help or hurt them, but I dont see them blowing 2 goals game six.

In the end this series isn't because San Jose blew it, its because the Detroit Red Wings for the first time in 5 years have what they need to win a game no matter what happens, even going down by 2 goals. GO RED WINGS!!!!

To sharks fan, calm down and heres a gift
IPB Image
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#32 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:17 AM

I have a weird feeling Game 6 will be similar to the Calgary series. I think the Sharks will come out like crazy early, but the Wings will settle down and control play. The Red Wings will need another solid outing from the 13-40-96 line and clearing the puck out of their own zone will be essential with all the injuries on defense. I hope the Red Wings come out and play hard for 60 minutes because anything can happen in Game 7, even if it is at JLA. The Wings have established themselves as the better, hungrier, more-determined team and now they just need to seal the deal.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#33 MrSandMan

MrSandMan

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:01 AM

I think Wings tore apart Nabokov and made him feel more human than human. Dom will be the main factor in our win or loss.
X X X X - X X X X - X X O O - O O O O

The road to the Stanley Cup runs thru HockeyTown!

Show no mercy, leave no doubt!

#34 foreignfan

foreignfan

Red wings stanley cup champs 2006-2007

• 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(Ozzie30 @ May 6, 2007 - 03:53PM) View Post

this is remnicent of the 2002 wcf's, http://sports.espn.g...s?series=coldet
wings won game 1, avs 2, wings 3, avs 4 & 5, wings 6 & 7

Its not over until its over.

I agree with the it's not over thing
But the comparison, well those were 2 different teams, 4 seasons ago. We can't compare this year to results in the past

Go wings go!