• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Leafs make big off season Move!

Rate this topic

They Raised their ticket Prices again!!!! haha

Leafs season ticket holders will pay nearly six per cent more to watch the Buds at the Air Canada Centre in 2007-08. The highest priced ducats have been raised the most with platinum and gold sides going up to $182 each from $171.52. The lowest priced seats, purples, have been raised to $37 from $34.70.

Richard Peddie, the president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, refutes the notion they're taking advantage of a captive audience. He notes that subscribers were notified of the increase in February and 99 per cent have renewed.

"Show me businesses that have not passed on costs of the last three, four years," said Peddie. "That's not being greedy. I think in real dollars that dollar today is still worth less in real buying terms to us than it was four years ago because we're not keeping up with inflation. I think our behaviour in the last couple of years has not been greedy at all."

LOL!!! Poor leaf fans!!!! Fans need to boycott their organization if they ever expect any changes! :lol:

Edited by sixer

Maybe they should wait for a good season before they raise ticket prices.

no way, this is the Harold Ballard legacy for the Leafs. It's not about winning a cup for their fans and making money on merchandising after the fact, its about making money up front, over pricing and taxing people to death without regard for the quality of the product.

(case and point canadian satellite, music, tv, crown corporations, tax, gst, business taxes, income tax, crtc, argh i could go on)

OH YEAH THATS THE CANADIAN WAY TO RUN BUSINESS....god it might be a beautiful country geographically, but businesswise and gov't wise its messed up

i cant stand the leafs, but i feel bad for leaf fans...what a joke

Edited by Wingsor

It's a little bit ridiculous that they would do this following a season that they didn't even make it to the playoffs.

If the team had a great year, the fans wouldn't feel so violated after having a price raise.

With their attendance the way it is for the playoffs and the state of the economy in the state, I don't think they will raise the ticket prices. I sure as hell hope not.

By the way, I just joined today. I've been coming to the forums since the beginning of the season but, until now, I've only read.

Sorry to get off topic.

This will also be the Wings big off season move. While they have hit the saturation price point in the post season, the regular season still sells out pretty regularly. I also expect to see the post season next year stay the same, if not rise even more.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

The wings are having a tough time selling out they better not raise there prices!

That organization is so sad.

The fans need to stop going. Period. I don't care if it's the so called Mecca of hockey, they need to stop showing support to an organization that makes no strides to win. I really don't understand why they still go, since the ticket prices are outrageous, and the team makes no effort to ever improve.

It's been about 17 or 18 years since Harold Ballard died, yet his legacy of not caring if the team wins lives on to this very day. It's so sad to see a fellow Orginal Six team going through this.

That organization is so sad.

The fans need to stop going. Period. I don't care if it's the so called Mecca of hockey, they need to stop showing support to an organization that makes no strides to win. I really don't understand why they still go, since the ticket prices are outrageous, and the team makes no effort to ever improve.

It's been about 17 or 18 years since Harold Ballard died, yet his legacy of not caring if the team wins lives on to this very day. It's so sad to see a fellow Orginal Six team going through this.

I know what you mean about voting with your feet to tell the owner's that your not happy. But the owner's know that they've got the fan's by the nut's. they know that they the fan's love they're Team to much to stop going to see them.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Well s***, I guess when your team sucks balls, ya gotta get money somewhere, lol. Cause fortunately Leafs fans will continue to go to the games despite the ticket price. They have a good fan-base. But it is pretty s***ty to not even make the playoffs and raise ticket prices. It's like, if they had made 8th seed and lost in the first round, I could see where they would raise ticket prices(cause thats a real big accomplishment for them, lol). But to not even make the playoffs and still do it? Definitely not cool.

With their attendance the way it is for the playoffs and the state of the economy in the state, I don't think they will raise the ticket prices. I sure as hell hope not.

By the way, I just joined today. I've been coming to the forums since the beginning of the season but, until now, I've only read.

Sorry to get off topic.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy!

The problem is that the Leafs can continue to raise prices, but they will continue to have no problem selling them. It sucks (well for those that like the leafs, anyways)

I know what you mean about voting with your feet to tell the owner's that your not happy. But the owner's know that they've got the fan's by the nut's. they know that they the fan's love they're Team to much to stop going to see them.

Heres the thing: The fans really don't love the Leafs. In fact, more often do you hear boos at the ACC then cheers. Yet they still go for some reason. I don't think I'll ever understand.

edit: left out a word

Edited by Kp-Wings

Heres the thing: The fans really don't love the Leafs. In fact, more often do you hears at the ACC then cheers. Yet they still go for some reason. I don't think I'll ever understand.

They must love they're team, maybe it's just because they got nothing to shout about?

They must love they're team, maybe it's just because they got nothing to shout about?

Doubt it.

By the way, if my inital post sounded weird, I just edited it. It meant to say boos, not hears. :P

Poor Leafs...they have an average team that flounders in the middle of the pack, not good enough to contend and not bad enough to get high draft picks. They have no good prospects and no future. The team desperately needs to be demolished and rebuilt, but there's too much pressure to field a winning team for that to happen. Management is unwilling to go through the mandatory period of cellar-dwelling in order to develop a good team in the long run...instead they'll keep on trying to save their perpetually-sinking ship by jamming the roster with as many free agents as they can, in an effort to keep attendance and profits high.

Love them or hate them, you can't help but feel bad for Leafs fans...I can't even imagine how infuriating and frustrating it must be to root for a team that has been on a bleak path to nowhere for the past 40 years...the way they're going I wouldn't be surprised if they have to wait another 40.

I don't care if it's the so called Mecca of hockey, they need to stop showing support to an organization that makes no strides to win.

wouldnt call toronto the mecca of hockey, not even for canada....montreal has way more of a history, more cups than anyone, it means more to the french canadian culture, theyre more loud, loyal and everything you could ask for a team to be called Mecca.

Montreal > Toronto by a long shot.

Toronto is just more corporate. They plaster blue crap all over their magazines, tv, billboards etc in TO and on TSN -also jokingly known as the Toronto Maple Leafs Sports Network and CBC who dont care much about Ottawa or Montreal, mostly just the Leafs. Its corporations trying to make green off blue. It has nothing to do with fans.

The corporations in TO are no better than Ballard, nor do they really care much more about Leafs winning. In fact I think they figure the Leafs perrenial strive to win a cup since 67 is the hunger that will keep TO fans interested.

Canadians are very apathetic, very laid back (which is why economically our gov't has gotten so bad). It's hard to get them riled up, however not winning a cup in so long will do that to anyone. If the Leafs were to win (heaven forbid lol) i think it would only result in returns for a year, then people wouldnt pay as much attention to them...perhaps.

Anyhow my point is, the mecca is montreal, NOT toronto (you did say SO called though..but the shoe doesnt fit)

Edited by Wingsor

Canadians drink far too much Labatt Blue is the problem.

Ask 'em. 1/2 the population in Ontario still thinks the Leafs are making a playoff run.

Go down to any Tim Hortons tomorrow morning. There'll be a line of drunk polite people talking about how Sittler is gonna carry this years squad on his back the rest of the way and win that Cup for the 4th year inna row.

Ask 'em. 1/2 the population in Ontario still thinks the Leafs are making a playoff run.

Go down to any Tim Hortons tomorrow morning. There'll be a line of drunk polite people talking about how Sittler is gonna carry this years squad on his back the rest of the way and win that Cup for the 4th year inna row.

LMFAO! ok you officially rock! and whats worse the windsor breed of leafs fan is the worst, theyre rabid 90% of them.

the ones east of London are ok though, its just London and west, eesh.

Still LOLing at your comment, im going to try that out!

Edited by Wingsor

Waddya mean they didn't make the playoffs? I just bought my ticket today. It cost me $182! Those bastards are getting rich off me! Oh well! At least I get to see my team in the Western conference finals! Leafs rock the NHL!!!

Waddya mean they didn't make the playoffs? I just bought my ticket today. It cost me $182! Those bastards are getting rich off me! Oh well! At least I get to see my team in the Western conference finals! Leafs rock the NHL!!!

god that christina av is driving me nuts...shes like cat nip to me...my fav girl in the world....damnit, what did you say? did you say something?

Wings rock the NHL??!?! yup heheh cough

god that christina av is driving me nuts...shes like cat nip to me...my fav girl in the world....damnit, what did you say? did you say something?

Wings rock the NHL??!?! yup heheh cough

what?

oh - yes....that avatar could say Yzerman sucks and I'd just nod. Yup.

But about the uh.....what?