• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ttbrunke

Sammy on D if Neccessary?

Rate this topic

What does everyone think Sammy filling in on third line D as opposed to bringing someone up if Lebda will not be able to go?

I think I would feel better about him rather than a guy who hasno playoff experience.

Why would anyone suggest putting a forward on D when we could call up a real defensemen? He isnt that good defensively. Maybe Draper/Maltby/someone, but why would we ever choose HIM?

I don't know if Kopecky is a great idea, but putting Hudler back in and taking Calder out might be a good move. Calder is clearly either hurt or in Babcock's doghouse because the guy is not the same player he was when the Wings acquired him. Why bother playing Calder five minutes per game when Hudler can step in and has proven he can put the puck in the net? I know Hudler is prone to getting pushed around by more physical players, but there is a better chance of Jiri finding the net right now than Calder.

Meech will go if Lebda can't.

The Sharks are as the best forechecking team in the league. Experience guys like Lids, Chelios, and Schneider have had fits with their constant pressure. The last thing we need is a forward back there.

I'm personally even nervous about Lebda. He looked timid and jumpy in the Calgary series. Add in a bum ankle, and I'm not too excited.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Airborn

No forward on the Wings roster could play D as well as any dman they have available in the minors. Use one of the kids we have available.

Oh please. Drapes could do it just fine, although I can't imagine why we'd do it.

no sammy on d. lets all hope lebs is able to play tomorrow and if not then one of the boys from rapids can fill in. if any forward were to go back, itd definitely be malts...but for now well stick with lebs and the call-ups.

Sammy on D? I might buy into it if Maltby or Drapes were moving back, but even then, the move from forward to D is a lot harder than the move from D to forward. The only guy whos ever been able to pull it off without a hitch in this era is Sergei Fedorov - lets not forget what a unique player Feds was.

Meech will be fine if Lebda cant go. All this really means is that everyones ice time will be bumped up a bit. In all reality, Meech will likely only play 6 minutes or so if he plays.