• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

Sabres vs. Sens

Rate this topic

Ok, first off my roomate is a Sabres fan, and he's talking how Buffalo will murder them like they did last season. While I don't think Buffalo will win that easily, I do think this might be a great 6 or 7 game series (which I predict Buffalo to win).

After watching the Sabres and Sens play in the playoffs it looks like the Clash of the Titans in the east. Ottawa is looking better than last year, and Ray Emery has recorded his first and only 2 playoff shutouts this postseason, and they have 4 great lines that do more than skate around the ice like a retarded duck. I was impressed how they handled the Pens and Devils.

On the other hand, Buffalo has looked picture perfect. Despite being outplayed several games in their first two series, they manage to scrape a win. This year they don't just have the skill and the speed, they have the confidence to go to Cup finals. Miller has been great (and is shaping up to be a future Dom based on some of the incredible saves only Dom could make) and hopefully after beating the Rangers, will be on his prime game. I would like to add that the Rangers team they went up against was tough, somewhat fast, and very deadly defensively and offensively. Even though the Rangers outplayed the Sabres, the Sabres' amazing neutral zone speed into the offensive zone has proved to be too much.

I think that this will might be one of the best series in the playoffs this year.

What do you guys think of this series and who will come out battle-hardened ready to play for the Cup?

Some more things to note:

1. This years big brawl was between these two teams.

2. The sheer firepower vs firepower of the star players (Briere, Afinogenov, Drury etc..) vs (Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley etc...)

3. The sabres weak point in my mind is to play aggresive. They have many finesse players, but if you ever noticed during periods of the Rangers finishing their checks, it threw the sabres off their game. Play aggresive you can beat the sabres. As far as miller goes..crash the net!

4. Emery seems to be the weak point on Ottawa, while the defense might be at fault, emery seems to let in some softies on occasion. Also, OTT seems to struggle holding a lead, and when theyre up 3-1, or 4-0...the games tend to always be close.

Just some things i noted on watching both these teams.

Although, it will be interesting for sure, I do not see the intensity of that series to be even comparable with what we have in DRW-SJS series. This series is by far the most skilled and intense I've seen in a while.

My predictions? Sens in 5 and the whole series would be quite similar to Sens-Pens. One goal will be the difference and it will always go in favor of Sens.

It'll be closer than last year for sure, but I don't think Ottawa has the defense or goalie to handle an elite team like the Sabres. Their overachieving offense might steal them a game or two, but in the end I think Buffalo's speed, relentlessness, and tight defensive system will be too much for the Sens to overcome. Sabres in 6.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I can't wait for this series. Its gonna be fantastic hockey. Especially with these teams being quite the rivals. I definitely see this one going 6 or maybe even 7. Buffalo will win this series simply because they are very evenly matched squads, but the goaltending is a different story. Emery is a really good tender and all, but i'll take Ryan Miller in a 7 game series over Ray any day. Goaltending is what will seperate the Sens and Sabres. It will go down to the wire, but Buffalo is definitely taking this series. Which is funny cause my original finals prediction was Buffalo Vs Detroit. And I haven't changed my tune at all. Some damn good hockey will be going down in the next several weeks. Should be a blast to watch.

Goaltending is what will seperate the Sens and Sabres.

I agree, which is why I'm picking the Sens in 6. I also agree that it's going to be an amazing series to watch.

Emery is a really good tender and all, but i'll take Ryan Miller in a 7 game series over Ray any day.

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly. Emery is good...but Miller has flashes of greatness that come out at times.

Buffalo in 7.

Edited by evilmrt

Ottawa has just looked a lot better during the playoffs....they finished the Penguins in 5, which isn't as impressive as beating the Devils in only 5 as well.... Sens in 6

IMO the Senators have the complete package for a playoff team. They look awesome out there. I just don't see how the Sabres can slow them down, I predict Ottawa in 6.

Sidenote: Saying the Sabres have played picture perfect doesn't coincide with your analysis of them being outplayed by the Rangers.

Who said they have played picture perfect?

Good grief am I ever yearning for this series. It will be entertaining and very hard fought. My neighbour is a Sabres fan and he has been waiting for this series all year. It will be great. I say Sabres in 6.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I agree, which is why I'm picking the Sens in 6. I also agree that it's going to be an amazing series to watch.

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion and all, but you actually think Emery is a better netminder then Ryan Miller?? Miller has been great for the past few seasons, and has looked amazing this post season so far. I actually really like Emery, but he is no Ryan Miller. Even though Emery has also looked great, Ryan Miller looks great on a more consistant basis. Which is why Im going with Sabres in 6. Should be quite the battle. :thumbup:

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

The Senators have been the best team to this point out of all the teams in the playoffs. That being said, I almost feel like Buffalo is destined to lose in the Stanley Cup Finals (to the Red Wings of course). I think Ottawa has played better than Buffalo so far, but I think the Sabres offensive speed and depth will wear the Senators down. Plus, Miller can steal this series, while Emery is just out there not to lose games. I would love to see the Senators win, but I think the Sabres will ultimately prevail.

I think this will be an easy 5 game series for the Sens. Not that Buffalo isn't a good team but they didn't look that strong against a pathetic Islanders team and they had issues with the Rangers. The Rangers weren't a bad club, per say, but they weren't world beaters either. The Sabres had serious issues using their speed against a stingy Rangers defense. Ottawa's D is lightyears better than New Yorks so I see them having fits against Redden, Phillips and the rest.

The Sens remind me of the 97 Wings so much it's scary. I don't know if there's a team in the NHL that can beat them over 7 games. I hope the Wings play them in the finals because it would be very entertaining hockey. But I think the Sens won't lose more than 2 games to any team left.

Edited by Hank

Oh man....Sabres vs Sens??? I GOTTA make sure I catch some of these games. This is gonna be insane.

Prediction...it's hard to say. I'm going with Sens in 7, but I can easily see Buffalo winning too. It could really go either way.

I honestly think it's gonna be a war of attrition. The survivor is the winner, but as to whom that will be, your guess is as good as mine. I think we have a better chance of beating the Sens, though, so I will hope it's them.