• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wallerstein

Howe, Yzerman voted 4th and 6th best NHL players ever

Rate this topic

Gordie Howe and Steve Yzerman currently stand in 4th and 6th place in the ranking Best NHL player ever on Rankopedia. The leaders are Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr, in that order.

I must admit to being bothered that Messier is ahead of Yzerman, but it's just an internet ranking. Nothing to get rankled about. Heh.

Hmmm, interesting I can see Gretzky and Orr being justifiably ahead of Howe, but not so much Lemeuix, maybe if he had been healthy his whole career...oh well, it's all opinion anyway...

Ewww, gag me with a spoon.

I never really liked Messier, and then when he celebrated like a madman after whatever record-tying or breaking goal that was a few years ago I just started to hate him.

Plus the fact that some people try to call him the greatest captain in NHL history when that's obviously not true certainly exacerbated my disdain for him.

sounds about right, although Mess and Stevie Y are kinda tie in my book, and taking into account the inflation of Messier stats because of playing with Whine I'd lean towards putting Yzerman ahead. though, nothing wrong with the ordering as it is.

Shanny over Ray Bourque isn't right. and Jagr at 10 is pretty odd. other than that I don't necessarily like Sundin on the list and Nick Lidstrom not. but it seems that other than very famous names of the past D-men are not represented in this ranking.

and finally... Patty Wah, Sawchuk and Marty Brodeur belong to such top 25. period

Yzerman is better than Messier in alot of people's opinions, but it's not an outrage to say Mess is better than Yzerman. It's opinions, and very respectable ones. With all that said, I would put Maurice Richard ahead of both.

And so he should be above Messier :)

Surprised Terry Sawchuk wasn't on the list :unsure:

It's best players.. It that was the case, Roy, Brodeur, Plante, Dryden, and Hasek would be there too.

Um...who actually cares about internet rankings anyway? No matter what, Gretzky will always be the Great One. The rest, well, it doesn't really matter as long as they're remembered as among the best who played the game.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Honestly, for my money I take Yzerman in his prime over any player in history. Including Gretzky. Wayne was awesome, but Yzerman's scoring ability, defensive ability, leadership qualities, and always being a clutch player, not to mention his longevity in hockey, make him my obvious choice. But I could be a little partial. But even looking at it impartially I can say I would put him top 3 all time for sure. What a hockey player.

Gordie Howe and Steve Yzerman currently stand in 4th and 6th place in the ranking Best NHL player ever on Rankopedia. The leaders are Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr, in that order.

Howe is ranked 4th, and Stevie is ranked 5th.

I must admit to being bothered that Messier is ahead of Yzerman, but it's just an internet ranking. Nothing to get rankled about. Heh.

It's a coin-toss between the two. Mess has 3 more cups, scored two more career goals, and 130 more career assists.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

It's a coin-toss between the two. Mess has 3 more cups, scored two more career goals, and 130 more career assists.

Mark is one behind Stevie Y. Yzerman is ranked 5, Messier is ranked 6th. Am I seeing a different list here??

Mark is one behind Stevie Y. Yzerman is ranked 5, Messier is ranked 6th. Am I seeing a different list here??

Yzerman was behind Mess when edicius stated that he was perturbed to find Mess in front of Stevie Y. The only thing I find perturbing about that list is Brendan Shanahan coming in at #12. Is that a joke? It reminds me of a few weeks ago when we saw a similar list on goalies, and they had Osgood in the top 10, or near it. Come on now...