• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kwailman

Anyone a REDWINGSWORLD.com member?

Rate this topic

Do any of you have a Red Wings World membership?

I am considering signing up. Is it worth it? How is the video cam? According to redwingsworld.com you get live feeds of every game and practice. Sounds pretty cool. How good is the video quality?

Just wondering if its worth the cash.

Thanks guys.

Well. I am not sure how legal this is but honestly I have been a member of RRW twice. One time in '03 and now. Nothing on the website changed whatsoever in between. The cam sucks and hardly ever works. The "insider" features are lame and boring. It takes any where from 6 months to 2 years to claim any prizes. Had I known about this site then, I would have never joined. I decided to donate here and will continue so that they can make it even better. Oh and the forums there are a joke. There maybe 3 real hockey fans the rest are crabby old women that argue almost anything.

*edit: Spelling.... CA only one word was wrong. 99% is not to bad! :lol:

Edited by IceMunkee

I joined last season and opted NOT to renew after the end of the year. The content is much better here, the boards are a lot more active here, and the regular ticket pre-sale "benefit" was a joke this season (I got better seats in the general public sale). Save your dough!

Guest toolz19

I was a charter member in '02 and was never asked to rejoin (pay up), till this year. Needless to say I did not rejoin.

It is not even close to worth joining. Nothing is ever updated, the arena cam never works,(only takes blurry stills when it does work). The prizes take forever to get sent out, although the 2 game used pucks i got from the 2002 season are cool. The ticket presale is OK. I did score tickets to game 5 against St. Louis in '02. But your chance are just as good of getting tickets the day they go general.

The message board were the only good thing about the site at all. But the boards here are just as good, if not better, and dont cost 40 buks a year.

Save your money and buy a cool Yzerman game used jersey card or something!!

GO WINGS!!!! :champs:

I'm a member - I have been since its inception in 2001.

The site has not been without it's problems, that's for sure. A lot of the problems can be attributed to an inattentive provider but the Wings must bear some of the responsibility too. For example, they never had an article on the home page about Yzerman's retirement, yet they had one about Greg Johnson's return. The excuse was they don't pay the site writers for summer work.

It can be frustrating when certain features and other things promised don't work but I have chosen to remain a member. I use the message boards on a daily basis and have made some great friends. To me, that makes the cost worth it, but that's me. Others may not - and don't - see it that way.

The Arena Cam is cool, when it works. It hasn't worked in a few months, after some idiot decided to zero in on the cleavage of some ladies in the crowd during a game, then posted them in the Arena Cam's photo album. The Fan Pages haven't worked since they updated the site and the blogs never did work.

Regarding the members-only pre-sale for tickets - there have been problems in the last few years with people joining just to get the password - we'd get all these noobs coming on the day before the pre-sale, posting messages like "I didn't get my password!!" - and then selling the password or the tickets they got using the password on eBay. That is part of the reason other members have had problems getting tickets. Also, there are only a limited number of tickets held aside for RWW members - not all the tickets available to the public are availabe to RWW on the pre-sale day. Some people have luck, others don't. Personally I had better luck on the day of the general public sale so I really didn't use the pre-sale for the last few years. That's not the reason I signed up, however, and if it's the main reason people sign up then yeah, you're going to be disappointed.

Supposedly RWW is switching providers so we will see how things go with the new people. Although, the switch was supposed to happen prior to the start of the playoffs and it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully when the switch does happen, we will have these features that have been promised.

So is it worth it? Well, like I said, for me I think it is. I would suggest you sign up and give it a chance. If you don't like it, just don't renew when your membership is up.

There maybe 3 real hockey fans the rest are crabby old women that argue alomst anything.

I'm really offended by that. There are certainly way more than three "real" hockey fans and the rest of us are certainly not "crabby old women that argue almost anything." We discuss, debate, voice our opinions and yes, we disagree. Gee, just like here. :blink:

I have been a member of RWW since Oct 2002. I was really undecided this last year about signing up, and I actually last about 10 days after my membership before I couldn't stand it any more.

The site itself does suck. But the friends I have met with and hung out with are TRUE Die Hard fans and priceless! The only thing I really miss is because of the price you don't get the 'other team's fans comments'. But you get the best of the best IMO of Red Wings fans!

Now saying that. I didn't use to go to this LGW site because every time I can on here all that I saw was the disrespect of our Captain (and when I say that, I mean Stevie). But this site has really seemed to improve and I find myself on here more then just every few months, it's more like every other day or so.

My suggestion to you is: If $40 isn't that much to you, then go for it and see what happens this summer with the site and met the great folks over at RWW. If $40 is alot of money then wait until the fall and ask us again if it is worth it.

I was once a memeber.

The ticket presale was kinda of cool for playoff tickets. Other then that it sucked. Nothing on that site that you can't get here.

Don't do it!!! Save your money!!!

I'm really offended by that. There are certainly way more than three "real" hockey fans and the rest of us are certainly not "crabby old women that argue almost anything." We discuss, debate, voice our opinions and yes, we disagree. Gee, just like here. :blink:

I was being very facetious. Their are great fans there, very few though. You are awesome as well as some others. Then there are the ones that ridiculed the "noobs" for being "cheerleaders" because they actually like the team the are rooting for!

The are some cool events, the RRW weekly drop-in is awesome.

They have been talking about a new server but that was promised to us before the playoffs. Really Matt tries much harder and has a better overall site. Donate to him so he can keep it up!!!

My opinion.

I am considering signing up. Is it worth it? How is the video cam? According to redwingsworld.com you get live feeds of every game and practice. Sounds pretty cool. How good is the video quality?

Thanks guys.

I am a RWW Member and have been from their inception.

Personally I have had many benefits including good Presale Tickets, but most recently Suite Seats at Face and a great party...And I am talking about 2 games in Round 2!

PwrPlay@RedWingsWorld.com

I was too once a member. You're not missing anything. This site is better.

Funny thing is I haven't been a member for almost 2 years and they're still sending me Ticket codes and emails. (no I don't have any for round 3 yet)

I've been there since '03. I joined to get the ticket code which I used to score some pretty good seats that I don't know if I would have gotten had I not been a member there.

The download section use to be real cool, now not so much.

I am getting beatin and abused over at RWW now. Hey man if you get one just don't get opionated until you have over 1,000 post.

You ar NOT getting beaten and abused , Munkee....my how you exaggerate.

Hun, you said you want to have hockey discussions, but I pulled up some of your posts. Since you have been on, you have really not joined in any SERIOUS hockey discussions. You moaned about Nashville fans, you joined in a few conversations and you then posted about how the Wings are your LIFE. Not a lot of serious hockey in many of those.

It's not about the posts...I joined RWW and no body jumped on me...and believe me..I'm no ANGEL. I say what I feel and speak my mind. But, I also don't get "all worked up" and get my feelings hurt about what some people say about me on a friggin website!

The thing I like about RWW is the fact it IS a pay site, so we don't get a lot of(if any) other team fans in. I saw on some other team free sites that anyone can join...and they just come in and bad mouth your team and truly have nothing more to say. We pay for it, but to me it is worth it. I have met a lot of real GOOD folks there. I have met them as well after talking to them on RWW. There are really genuine people in there that DO stick up for each other. We banter and kid each other, but all in all---we have each other's backs. You could be a part of that as well, but more people have to get to know you first. It is no different than meeting people in the workplace or real life. Some of us have been in for long enough now to know sarcasm and joking without having to type the little *sarcasm*...so it may come off as "rude" or nutty talking, but e get who it is coming from and the intent. I am very dry witted and sarcastic. A lot of times I will make a remark and someone who doesn't know this, will take me for real. SO? If they spend any time at all in RWW they will eventually know this and "gel" to fit in. Some of us are the same and feel the same, some differ...again just like real life hunh? We pretty mush know how to get along at this point, but we also know what buttons to push on whom to make for some FUN!!!

I personally think RWW is worth it, but I don't give a crap about all the "perks". I just like the people in there. For the most part.

Also, munkee----don't take things SO personal! Dude...really...some of us have gona head-to-head and stood up to each other on a certain subject...then on the next thread --had the same opinions and the debate becomes the past. Kind of like arguing with your brother....5 minutes later, it's OVER! Not a whole lot of grudges are held. Drop it...move on. ;)

Join if you want----or not--it's not a life altering experience either way! :)

I was a member from the beginning until earlier this year, and I can agree with most of what is posted here. It is not worth it. I only stayed for the presales and hockey discussions. This year I went in with some guys for season tickets, and the hockey discussions were nonexistant, so I didn't renew. All they do is promise everything will be fixed in the next version, but all they ever change is the look. When I left, they were in version 3 of the same empty promises. I did get a couple of freebies because I belonged to the site, but if you consider the number of years I paid for the site, and how much little value I got out of it, I could have ust bought the items myself.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Ive always wanted to join. Ive just never really got to it yet. The funny thing is, the only reason for me is the internet presale thing. Ever since game 2 against the Sharks(where I was only 3 rows back from the glass) I dont think I ever wanna sit high up again. So If I can get in on that internet presale, I should always get to go down by the ice. Its so great watching from ice level. I'll probably join before next season starts.

I've been a member for four years now. I much prefer it to this site, even if it isn't as active. The people I've virtually met over there are worth way more than the price. They help out with Wings stuff and personal stuff and I feel we're all one big family, arguments included.

I didn't come here much because everyone here seemed so adolescent and big on the cussing and stuff. I can swear with the best of them, but it really turns me off to see it in every post for no reason other than the poster couldn't come up with a better word. I've often wondered if I wasn't over the age limit to join this site since it seems most of the posters, certainly not all, are very young. I just prefer to discuss hockey and politics and religion with people who have actually watched the Wings since before their recent Stanley Cup wins.

If you are interested in good insight into the team and the world from people who've been around awhile, then RWW is for you. If you're only interested in freebies, nevermind.

Thanks guys.

I am trying to renew my membership with redwingsworld with no luck. On the website it states they are not renewiing membersips. Are they out of business