• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Summer 2007 Wishlist?

Rate this topic

The only thing detroit needs is a new goalie b/c you have to admit it Haseks not getting any younger. He may play like a man on a mission but sooner or later his age will catch up with him. But hopefully not untill the playoffs are over.

Gomez would be a hell of a pickup for the second line. He did have an off year this season, but last year he scored 33 goals, and this coming from a guy that's generally a playmaker. We should try and make a pitch at him.

Other than that, I'd like to see the Wings add a little more grit. Someone like Brad Isbister up front, and sign Sarich for the blueline, and the Wings are set. Let's see what happens.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Gomez would be a hell of a pickup for the second line. He did have an off year this season, but last year he scored 33 goals, and this coming from a guy that's generally a playmaker. We should try and make a pitch at him.

Other than that, I'd like to see the Wings add a little more grit. Someone like Brad Isbister up front, and sign Sarich for the blueline, and the Wings are set. Let's see what happens.

Isbister , thats actaully a good idea. A big fast and gritty forward , Could play well with Franzen

The only thing detroit needs is a new goalie b/c you have to admit it Haseks not getting any younger. He may play like a man on a mission but sooner or later his age will catch up with him. But hopefully not untill the playoffs are over.

How bout Gerber? Not too many great goalies on the market.

Dont think Bert is a wise signing at his price., but what do I know. ;)

It would be nice if it was summer yet..however...

Bertuzzi, Calder, Hasek...um...anyone else that needs to be re-signed.

Our team is stacked, I love it!

Yzerman to unretire

but seriously, our top line is set, our third line is set, our forth line will be made of griffins, so id put huds, bert, and filppula on the second line, bring up some griffins for the 4th line, and thats our offense.

our defense needs some work seeing that schneider and chelios may not be on it. id love to keep them both, but if we dont, i would like a 2nd or 3rd pairing guy, even though quincy and meech will probably be called up.

our tending could use an upgrade. if hasek wants to be back, id resign him in a heartbeat, but for back up id see if we couldnt make a move for a really great back up, like nittymakki or however its spelled.

I've always wanted Drury to be on this team. However, I still say that if Bertuzzi does anything at all in these playoffs to show that he might be worth a second look next year, sign him. It's not often that someone that huge has hands that nice. I still think it would be nice to add a big defenseman to this team and a big second line centre so we can still have a stacked fourth line with Hudler-Filppula and whoever.

Word,

Ldi03

Exactly. He can also chip in with some offense, as he is a former 20 goal scorer.

Really ? Didnt know that , Get it done kenny ! :P

As weird as it sounds , i wouldnt mind Eric Lindros , big guy , can score when he healthy , and even when he's injured , Franzen/Filpula can step up to the 2nd line C role. He wouldnt cost that much either

Really ? Didnt know that , Get it done kenny ! :P

As weird as it sounds , i wouldnt mind Eric Lindros , big guy , can score when he healthy , and even when he's injured , Franzen/Filpula can step up to the 2nd line C role. He wouldnt cost that much either

I have to disagree. Lindros is a vegetable. We'd be lucky to get 30 game out of him. He really isn't all that effective anymore either. Pass.

Now, if he did stay healthy, I would be all like PULL THE TRIGGER KENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Edited by Kp-Wings

I hope Bertuzzi comes back....he has been getting better as the playoffs have worn on.... remember the guy played 15 games during the season and is coming off back surgery. He has already showed some flashes of brilliance in these playoffs, he will get his game back and I want it to be with the Detroit Red Wings.

I wouldn't mind having Grier, Drury, or Smyth. Grier played his heart out and is the kind've pest that we could use in the playoffs and he is from MI so that would have to help a little. Even if he didn't live here for very long. But this is a Wish list after we find out what happens with Lord Stanley and these pesky little rubber duckies.

Bertuzzi to return so he can prove to everyone that he is a phenomonal player

(he barely played at all this season, come into the playoffs and has had his moments, as few as they are)

I also wouldn't mind to see Fedorov back in a Wings jersey, but he was by far my most favorite Wings player of all time when I was a kid, so I dont know if its just me being biased or not... but it would be really nice to see him retire back in a Wings jersey.

Jimmy Howard to step it up and become the next Ryan Miller. I think this kid is our future in goaltending and will prove to be a clutch goalie for us. I'd love to see him win us a cup!

Lastly even tho it isn't possible this year would be to get Gionta in a Wings jersey.

I've followed this kid since his days at Boston College, smaller kid like me, reminds me of how I used to play (even though I had a 10th of the skills he does) and am a HUGE FAN! I think he would fit perfectly into our line up.

Sign Jason Blake or Ryan Smyth to play with with Datsyuk and Homer

Re-sign Bertuzzi to play with Zetterberg and Franzen

Sign Andy Sutton to give us that nasty D-man

Re-sign Schneider to a 2yr deal

Re-sign Hasek to 1yr incentive laden deal and bring up Howard as the 3rd goalie so he can take over when Hasek retires

Send Lang off with a box of doughnuts

Put Malts in the press box and give the ice time to Hudler/Grigorenko

That's my "dream" scenario. In the real world I would be satisfied with bringing Bertuzzi back and signing Adam Mair for the 3rd/4th line.

Guest AlexRedWing

Hasek to announce retirement.

I' believe!!!!!&I' hope Manny Lagacy comeback to HockeyTown!!!!

#1 priority would be a forward with a big Right-Handed shot.

#2 would be a goalie, preferably through trade (someone like Toskala or Chris Mason)

I would love to have an agitator on the team somewhere. Someone like Hartnell to get under the other team's skin

I doubt they'll go defensive. The emergence of Quincey seems to have the D pretty set for now, and Lilja has been playing better this playoffs.