Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Summer 2007 Wishlist?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Mine:

Chris Drury

Niklas Backstrom

I confess mostly utter disinterest in everyone else. Besides, we're losing next to nobody.

EDIT: to reiterate: I said WISH list. It need not be realistic, but don't pick anyone who isn't a UFA.

Edited by Crymson

Mine:

Chris Drury

Niklas Backstrom

I confess mostly utter disinterest in everyone else. Besides, we're losing next to nobody.

If money were no object, I could see tha happening, but if you want to actually have a legit chance at beating anyone other than Chicago and Columbus, we can't afford Drury. And Backstrom, why? He is largely unproven. He played well for what, less than a half season, and didn't win a playoff series. What is so special about him?

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

sindey crosby, roberto luongo, Temmu salanne, Chirs Pronger, Evgani Malkin, Alexander Ovechkin, Iylla Kovolchuck, Marian Hossa, Jason Spezza, danny heatly

Actually, we might have a slim chance with Drury, if only because he might be one of those players that wants to play on a winning club over a non-contending one. Some players don't take those 7-million dollar contracts with columbus type clubs simply because they'd rather make 5-million and play for a cup with other talented players.

That being said- he's going to get 7-million dollar type offers from like 24 teams, right? :P

I'd like Holland to make just ONE really big signing this year (re-signing Bertuzzi doesn't count), don't really care who or which position, just someone that EVERYONE can agree will instantly make the team. I mean really, when was the last time the wings signed a free agent that you were really excited about?

The top 5 stat leaders of the 2006-2007 season, both skaters and goalies.

Anything less would be unfortuante and demostrate to me that the upper management has no desire to win stanley cups. :ph34r: (ninja's)

Edited by OsGOD

I'm not too keen on resigning Bertuzzi, his play this postseason hasn't been that great and we'd have to fork over another 1st rounder if we resign him.

I'm a big fan of Smyth though. It seems the trend of surrounding skill players with hard-nosed guys is really working for Detroit and it fits in with Babcock's style. Look at the impact of Holmstrom on Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Cleary with whoever he's playing with. I think the front-of-the-net guys are pretty golden.

We should be able to create a fair amount of cap room considering we lose Lang (thank god), Calder, Bertuzzi, and possibly Schneider (I think he'll be a Ranger come fall).

Drury would be nice, but I think he'll cost too much, especially with Zetterberg due a raise in a couple years.

I'm not too keen on resigning Bertuzzi, his play this postseason hasn't been that great and we'd have to fork over another 1st rounder if we resign him.

I'm a big fan of Smyth though. It seems the trend of surrounding skill players with hard-nosed guys is really working for Detroit and it fits in with Babcock's style. Look at the impact of Holmstrom on Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Cleary with whoever he's playing with. I think the front-of-the-net guys are pretty golden.

We should be able to create a fair amount of cap room considering we lose Lang (thank god), Calder, Bertuzzi, and possibly Schneider (I think he'll be a Ranger come fall).

Drury would be nice, but I think he'll cost too much, especially with Zetterberg due a raise in a couple years.

Drury won't get too much more than Smith

I will give you my list as soon as THIS season is over.. I really don't want to have to deal with the Karma police!!!

Edited by puckbags

Smyth or Drury would be great but they're too expensive. I like Bertuzzi a lot but is it worth it to give up another first round pick for an unknown commodity? Let Lang go.

I'd re-sign Calder for the right price. You can never have too many guys like him. Handzus would be great for the second line but I believe he's commanding a lot. Zubrus has been great for Buffalo in the post-season. Holland should take a look at Taylor Pyatt, maybe Fedotenko too.

On defense, I'd let Schneider go and re-sign Markov and Chelios. Sign Scott Hannan. Vishnevski and Sarich are options too.

Re-sign Hasek if he wants to come back.

Other than that, Filppula and Hudler are going to have bigger roles next season. You've also got to think Quincey will get some time after what he's done in the Playoffs so far. Grigorenko will likely be playing for the Griffins but if he may end up getting some time with the Wings.

This is what I'd like to see realistically:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Handzus-Calder

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Lidstrom-Markov

Kronwall-Hannan

Chelios-Lebda

Hasek

Osgood

If Calder prices himself out, I'd sign Pyatt or Zubrus. Same with Hannan and Vishnevski/Sarich.

Edited by ARice89

I wonder why so many want Drury. We already have a player that brings those Drury-like intangibles and is a younger, overall better player....Zetterberg. When Datsyuk signed, both Babcock and Holland said it gives Detroit one of the best 1-2 punches in the league. That leads me to believe if Babcock has his druthers, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will center their own lines next season (provided they sign a top 6 winger to play with Datsyuk, which is likely). IMO Detroit is set at center......

1. Datsyuk

1b. Hank

3. Draper

4. Flip

Why doesn't Brian Gionta get any love on this site, that guy would be great pick up if he available.

Why doesn't Brian Gionta get any love on this site, that guy would be great pick up if he available.

Never mind the guys is locked up for the next few years.

Any way good site is nhlnumbers.com to find upcoming free agents.

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby