• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Packer487

Why shouldn't I dread this series vs. Anaheim?

Rate this topic

Anaheim is thin on defense. They have Pronger, Niedermayer, and Beauchemin but the rest of their defense is pretty average or below-average. They are inconsistent, and we have seen what the veteran Wings can do to expose that. They rely on three lines, not four which favors the Wings. It's going to be a great series. We've seen that BIGGERYOUNGERFASTERâ„¢ isn't guaranteed to beat the Wings anymore. Hasek was lights-out tonight.

Guys:

It has been a whole 2 minutes since the wings won the series that a week ago people were writing off. Now 2 minutes after them coming through, you are already talking about being worried? I dont get the negativity...lets celebrate the win and have some confidence in the team that beat a great SJ team pretty handily tonight!!

Go wings!!!

Guys:

It has been a whole 2 minutes since the wings won the series that a week ago people were writing off. Now 2 minutes after them coming through, you are already talking about being worried? I dont get the negativity...lets celebrate the win and have some confidence in the team that beat a great SJ team pretty handily tonight!!

Go wings!!!

Quote for truth.

Guys:

Go wings!!!

Psst! Superstition!

(We just took out the toughest team we'll play. I'm much more confident heading into this one. They're good on D and Giguere is better than Nabokov, but they aren't as good or as deep up front and they haven't played anyone that can put the puck in the net like we can. The only thing that scares me in this series is Giguere's record in playoff overtime. But we've got the best goalie of his era, and he's at the top of his game once again.)

-Tim

Because we just beat a slightly better team than the Ducks. Not too mention they've yet to really be tested, we had to battle some very physical teams to get were we are they had to put up with some of the weakest offensive outputs in the playoffs, For god's sake Vancouver's Offense was a joke, they made Turco look like a hero after all.

It doesn't get easier against Anaheim. I really think Anaheim will be a tougher matchup than San Jose because they are such a great defensive team and they have Giggy in the net. The Wings have to shutdown MacDonald, Getzlaf and Selanne.

I like in the Wings in seven brutal games against the Ducks.

GO WINGS GO!

I don't think the point was negativity. Just trying to reproduce of the luck from the thread started at the beginning of the SJ series.

my bad to start the negativity talk, I just noticed in the Top 5 threads the topic on worrying about the next series right after they won

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Psst! Superstition!

(We just took out the toughest team we'll play. I'm much more confident heading into this one. They're good on D and Giguere is better than Nabokov, but they aren't as good or as deep up front and they haven't played anyone that can put the puck in the net like we can. The only thing that scares me in this series is Giguere's record in playoff overtime. But we've got the best goalie of his era, and he's at the top of his game once again.)

-Tim

Couple of problems:

1. Pronger and Niedermayer will be out there probably 80% of the time. No team has had 2 studs like that together for decades. Imagine having 2 Lidstrom's. It will be a factor and its foolish to think otherwise. Plus, they are contributing offensively, which is bad news for opponents.

2. Giguere is playing lights out hockey. Isn't he leading the league in most goalie stats? I dunno, just thought I noticed that.

He also beat us once before. That's a big boost to one's mental state of mind.

3. Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Kunitz, all their young guys are contributing. They're showing no signs of being young and timid.

4. Their D has scored 7 goals in 10 games. That's great production to go with all that offensive firepower.

IMO, anybody who thinks the Sharks were the best team we'd face in these playoffs is living a dream. Nothing wrong with being optimistic but crazy is still crazy. The Ducks were fighting for 1st overall in the NHL all season basically for many reasons. They're big, strong, tough, physical, fast, young and yadda, yadda. We faced that before. But besides being all of these things the Ducks are just flat out better than the Flames or the Sharks.

I'm hoping for a strong showing but our injuries on D trouble me. Kyle Calder's play troubles me. He needs to be better. Bert needs to be better and we need some production from the 3rd/4th lines. We can beat the Ducks I think. But they're still the best team we're gonna face in the West and frankly, that's the way it ought to be. I think the 2 best Western teams are meeting up and that is okay by me.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

my bad, double post

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

3. Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Kunitz, all their young guys are contributing. They're showing no signs of being young and timid.

I forgot they have Kunitz. Well, I guess I have my reason to hate them already! I hated his floater-ass when he was at Ferris State, and that'll definitely carry over. I wonder if his time in the NHL has taught him that a defensive zone actually exists.

-Tim