• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 6 (5/7): Red Wings 2, Sharks 0

Rate this topic

That's awesome! Hopefully they all pick the Duck's in the next round.

I'm torn; on the one hand, I have no problem with the Wings being the underdogs -- on the other hand, it always irks me that these analysts get paid to be jackasses.

I'm torn; on the one hand, I have no problem with the Wings being the underdogs -- on the other hand, it always irks me that these analysts get paid to be jackasses.

friggin' NBC...are they gonna start showing these games..i'm 10 min north of anaheim and swear theree will be more wingnuts @ JT schmitz rooti'n 'em on....we can handle, thornton, and Jerome...now bring on Prong the Dong!!!!

ATTA boys....Wings....Go stevie....Come back Shanny..

TSN actually didn't insult Detroit today. It was nice. They basically summed the Wings up with 3 questions.

Is Hasek too old?

NO.

Can Datsyuk step up in the playoffs?

YES

Is Chelios too old?

NO.

Wow do I ever love the Wings. Tense game but the Wings owned most of it. I like how they always keep the game exciting. And I'm so glad Hasek received his well deserved shut-out (thank you Lidstrom!).

WOOO! :lol:

Man what a great game. San Jose came out and played a great game, and a great series. They were a classy squad, and made it a gentleman's series. My hat goes off to 'em.

and Samuellson, I LOVE YOU! :yowza:

Guest DetroitBoy313

Who would of thought before the playoffs started that the Wings would be knocking off Cal & SJ in 6 BOTH games in enemy territory especially at places like the Saddledome and the Shark tank.And only allowing 1 goal in both games.UNREAL!

Who would of thought before the playoffs started that the Wings would be knocking off Cal & SJ in 6 BOTH games in enemy territory especially at places like the Saddledome and the Shark tank.And only allowing 1 goal in both games.UNREAL!

Certainly not you the classic fair weather fan! You might want to throw the towel in now for the Ducks series.

oh man does it ever feel so good to shut Ron Wilson up. His whole 'we are too good for wings, they can't match our 4 line rolling, too old, blah blah' pissed me when the series started.

I wonder what he's got to say now? it has got to be someone else's fault right?

on the other hand, I feel sorry for some of Sharks player and fans, we know what it feels like underachieving. Keep your head up, you guys got great future. :thumbup:

Guest DetroitBoy313

Certainly not you the classic fair weather fan! You might want to throw the towel in now for the Ducks series.

Excuse me? I was just pointing out on what an accomplishment that is.Man just STFU! PLEASE!

This game was freaking PHENOMENAL. They could not have played a more perfect road game. They gave the Sharks NO ROOM at all to create anything. It was amazing.

Nicklas Lidstrom. You are FLAWLESS. PLAY. OF. THE. YEAR. That needs to be on ESPN'S top 10 plays and at #1. COUNT IT.

Hasek played FANTASTIC! I kinda love him? LOL

Seriously..he made some huge saves that were game saving saves. Brilliant job by him.

SAMMY! Way to go baby!! He basically guaranteed a win and HE is the one that came out and won it for us. Oh hell yes.

Cheli and Franzen were amazing tonight as well...so was Markov! My god..that guy is so underrated.

Ahhh perfect win!!

BTW, where are all the haters that said the Wings couldn't get past the Sharks? Huh?

Doubting before the series even started. Stating the Sharks would demoish them. That they were 'too big and too tough' for the Wings to handle. That their 4 lines were better than ours..and yadda yadda. "Sharks in 5." "Sharks in 6" "Wings are going to get screwed"

WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE? Seriously..come out and eat your crow. I am more than thrilled they won this series, but I think about how EVERY single analyst, radio guys, opposing fans, and some of OUR fans and how they gave the Wings no credit and said there's no way they could win this and well look what happened.

I think people need to start giving credit to the Wings. They are not 'soft' they are not 'old' and they certainly will never give up. Like stated before this is a different Wings team and if this series didn't prove it then I don't know what will.

Everyone said that the Flames would be a good test and we got past them. They then said the Flames weren't anything and that the REAL test would be the almighty Sharks..and we got past them. Now what? Does this not prove enough to some folks?

I just want credit where it's due.

That is all.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

BTW, where are all the haters that said the Wings couldn't get past the Sharks? Huh?

Doubting before the series even started. Stating the Sharks would demoish them. That they were 'too big and too tough' for the Wings to handle. That their 4 lines were better than ours..and yadda yadda. "Sharks in 5." "Sharks in 6" "Wings are going to get screwed"

WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE? Seriously..come out and eat your crow. I am more than thrilled they won this series, but I think about how EVERY single analyst, radio guys, opposing fans, and some of OUR fans and how they gave the Wings no credit and said there's no way they could win this and well look what happened.

I think people need to start giving credit to the Wings. They are not 'soft' they are not 'old' and they certainly will never give up. Like stated before this is a different Wings team and if this series didn't prove it then I don't know what will.

Everyone said that the Flames would be a good test and we got past them. They then said the Flames weren't anything and that the REAL test would be the almighty Sharks..and we got past them. Now what? Does this not prove enough to some folks?

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

some people never get tired of looking down their noses at other's with differing perspectives. can't you just enjoy the win without having to preach to those who saw the series going differently?

The Wings smelled blood and the Sharks tried to hide it in the 1st period. Though they had spurts of energy, the Sharks played an overall tentative, scared game and the Wings made them pay dearly for it. Sammy was clutch in scoring two huge goals to take the crowd out of the equation, and the Wings proceeded to put on a defensive clinic in the 2nd and 3rd periods. As each game is played, the Wings appear stronger and hungrier. The outcome of this series ought to put Anaheim on notice - playtime with phonies like Minnesota and Vancouver is over. They're in for an epic battle, and this time, the Wings are playing for keeps.

Great series, Wings! Bring on Anaheim!

some people never get tired of looking down their noses at other's with differing perspectives. can't you just enjoy the win without having to preach to those who saw the series going differently?

What? You totally took my post in the wrong way. I didn't make the post to look down on those that differed in opinions. I KNEW that half were going to pick the Wings and then majority were going to pick the Sharks. I have no problem with that as I knew all along how tough it would be, and how evenly matched both teams are. I was talking about those that stated the Wings have NO chance, that they were too soft, Sharks were too big and tough, and those never giving the Wings credit where it's due.

Wow maybe the best game the Wings played this whole series start to finish. I have to say, the Sharks started to look like they tossed in the towel there in the third. Not the same team that smoked us in the first game.

Well no matter what happens from here on out - this season was a phenomenal success. I was a bit cautious going into the playoffs - how could you not be? This team has really given it their all.

What's up with Melrose - 5 mins after the series has ended - he's on ESPN talking about how the Ducks will kick our ass? What the he&& is that guy's problem? Wouldn't want to congratulate us on a great series since YOU picked the Sharks in 6 AND the Flames in 6. Freaking hate that guy - but I'm glad he's dissing us cause so far it's working!

What? You totally took my post in the wrong way. I didn't make the post to look down on those that differed in opinions. I KNEW that half were going to pick the Wings and then majority were going to pick the Sharks. I have no problem with that as I knew all along how tough it would be, and how evenly matched both teams are. I was talking about those that stated the Wings have NO chance, that they were too soft, Sharks were too big and tough, and those never giving the Wings credit where it's due.

sorry :blush:

Wow maybe the best game the Wings played this whole series start to finish. I have to say, the Sharks started to look like they tossed in the towel there in the third. Not the same team that smoked us in the first game.

Well no matter what happens from here on out - this season was a phenomenal success. I was a bit cautious going into the playoffs - how could you not be? This team has really given it their all.

What's up with Melrose - 5 mins after the series has ended - he's on ESPN talking about how the Ducks will kick our ass? What the he&& is that guy's problem? Wouldn't want to congratulate us on a great series since YOU picked the Sharks in 6 AND the Flames in 6. Freaking hate that guy - but I'm glad he's dissing us cause so far it's working!

yeah, as far as i'm concerned everybody can keep picking the wings to flop, wouldn't want to mess with a good thing :P

I quote divealanche.com here:

Being told that Barry Melrose has picked your team to win the Stanley Cup is like being told that your puppy has been fed to alligators. Or like hearing that your team has hired Mike Keanan or signed Theo Fleury. Your season is toast.

congratulations to the san jose sharks and their fans for a hard fought series.

there were many times where a different bounce here or there makes this a

different series completely... glad to see the wings prevail against a team that

few gave them a chance to defeat.

similar challenge ahead with anaheim. babs will have his hands full and i completely

expect this to be more of a coaching battle, since wilson didn't end up being much to

fear in the end.

go wings!!!!

Thanks for your comments and those of the other Wings fans in this thread that said nice things

about the Sharks and their fans. Red Wings and their fans on LGW are a class act.

Sharks brought it in the first period and were unlucky to be down 2-0 but Wings played a great

shutdown defense once they got the lead, and as usual Wilson was unable to adjust when the

game didn't go the way he had planned it. I hope he's gone but I hear he has one year left on his

contract. Hope the Sharks buy him out or kick him up to Asst. GM or something. Sharks are a very

talented and very young team so they will be back in the playoffs next year but they need a new

and better coach to get them to the next level. Shouldn't be too hard to find one willing to take on the job.

Great game and series Red Wings, Congrats and Good Luck against the Ducks.

GO WINGS FOR THE CUP