• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shark_is_Delicious

SJ Fans.. What Happened to the sweep?

Rate this topic

well what can I say? We lost to a better team. Kudos to you guys for never giving up. I'm rooting for you in the end to win the cup GO REDWINGS!!! *that really hurts to say right now*

I remember 90% of sharks fans calling a sweep or SJ in 5.. I would like to hear you people chime in with your thoughts on this series.. We all told you the Wings would pull it off.. ;)

show some class.

I'm saving this in case you get swept next series against a team that WILL play 60 minutes.

However, I AM rooting for the Wings now. Beat those damn Ducks.

well what can I say? We lost to a better team. Kudos to you guys for never giving up. I'm rooting for you in the end to win the cup GO REDWINGS!!! *that really hurts to say right now*

Thanks fot the upcoming support, to tell the truth I felt the same way if San Jose would have won.

I'm saving this in case you get swept next series against a team that WILL play 60 minutes.

Why? what'll that prove?

"hey, we didn't sweep you, but the Ducks did. In your face"

?

I actually want to hear from the Wings fans who declared "series over" when the Sharks took the lead in game 4.

why?

You've moved on from seafood to poultry.

Past is the past. I'm over it.

You have a SERIOUS problem ahead..... that bum pronger, Selanne, and McDonald. Focus your energy on that.... I'm rooting for the Wings.

Why? what'll that prove?

"hey, we didn't sweep you, but the Ducks did. In your face"

?

you missed the part about CLASS.

I'm rooting for the WINGS.

My sediments exactly.

Having the youngest team has it's problems.... heart was it.

Go Wings fer sure! I'm ok with our loss tonight because we blew it as a team. It hurts a bit, but it's hockey. Not taking anything away from the Wings, of course.... but we did blow it. It was also VERY close.

so...again.... get those damn Ducks. That is what matters now.

Guest Tunbo Batman

well, if you ignore a few idiots, sjs fans as a whole are great :P thanks for rooting for the wings too :P

that series against the ducks will probably be pretty boring, but i hope we beat them and face ottawa next.

well, if you ignore a few idiots, sjs fans as a whole are great :P thanks for rooting for the wings too :P

that series against the ducks will probably be pretty boring, but i hope we beat them and face ottawa next.

don't know.... they tout their physical play, but if the WIngs take that away like they did with us.... who knows.

ah crap, I'm off to the bar. Time for the traditional toast!

Bye all!

why?

Because I want to know if they're embarassed by their own fickleness.

you missed the part about CLASS.

Huh? What does class have to do with Sharks fans predicting a sweep, not getting the sweep, losing the series in fact, and then coming back to brag when the next team sweeps us instead? That was the point of the thread? Sharks fans predicting a sweep, not getting it, and then losing all together. I think we have a right to serve some crow to those folks.

My sediments exactly.

What does the stuff that gathers at the bottom of your Guinness have to do with it? ;)

Edited by aarond

We all told you the Wings would pull it off.. ;)

I didn't, I picked the Sharks to slaughter us, glad I was wrong!

Yes, I must say that SJ was good. It was nice to see a team that played fairly unlike our last round. There weren't too many dirty plays by both sides, it was usually just the same couple players. If Detroit had lost, I would have wanted SJ to go all the way (I... own a Cheechoo jersey). But now... GO WINGS!

Samadelphia?!?!?! Where are you?

To all other Shark fans that have come in here, I do not boast/brag to any of you. Was a hard-fought series both ways, if the Sharks could've had some bounces (and some calls) the series could have resulted differently.

Wings fans, we have to admit it, even if it is a shred. As much as we whine about the officiating, we got some calls going our way this series, especially late....namely the chicken-poop interference call on Grier leading to a PP goal, and the roughing call on Hannah this evening.

Keep your heads up Sharks fans and keep working, you all have a very solid team, this series/elimination doesn't change that.

Note to all of you Wings fans in the Chatroom who declared the Wings dead after the 1st period of Game 4 and I as RedWing19 Declared that I would stand to the end of time behind the Red Wings....

Come on over and talk to ol' Benny....Tell me your thoughts....

Guest Tunbo Batman

3 consecutive second rounds is a nice achievement. its very hard to go all the way, but if they dont panic and retain the right elements they will have other nice runs.

I actually want to hear from the Wings fans who declared "series over" when the Sharks took the lead in game 4.

Me too.

Most of the Sharks fans that came to this board were cool. That's more than I can say for a few bandwagon Red Wings fans. :P

Ill admit, I didnt think we stood a chance this series.

The Sharks usually played with more will than we did.

I still think we need to pick it up in the PP catagory, but our PK won this series for us.

If we pick up the PP next series we may just make it.

The crazy thing is the series could have been a sweep. San Jose was the better team in the 1st 4 games, had leads in every one of them, but the Wings were so damn resilient that they actually walked away with 2 wins.

After game 4, the series shifted, and the Wings never let SJ off the matt.

Great job by the Wings. They weren't the most talented team in this series, but they wanted it more. Also, it helped that we Hasek this time. :sly: