• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shark_is_Delicious

SJ Fans.. What Happened to the sweep?

Rate this topic

I remember 90% of sharks fans calling a sweep or SJ in 5.. I would like to hear you people chime in with your thoughts on this series.. We all told you the Wings would pull it off.. ;)

No, actually it was 90% of the Shark fan posts calling for that, 80% of those came from one troll that disappeared after game 2.

90% of the Sharks fans were class acts. Thanks for being great fans guys! Some of us remember more then just the trolls :lol:

No, actually it was 90% of the Shark fan posts calling for that, 80% of those came from one troll that disappeared after game 2.

90% of the Sharks fans were class acts. Thanks for being great fans guys! Some of us remember more then just the trolls :lol:

Exactly. It was a pleasure to hear from the other side this series--class all the way, even in defeat. Just wish we could enjoy our series win with the same class. Like not starting "eat it" threads, that would be one way to go.

I said it to my girlfriend as the 3rd was winding down: the Sharks will win the Cup in the next five years. Just wasn't quite their time yet this year, but they'll be a stronger playoff team in the future because of this series.

The crazy thing is the series could have been a sweep. San Jose was the better team in the 1st 4 games, had leads in every one of them, but the Wings were so damn resilient that they actually walked away with 2 wins.

After game 4, the series shifted, and the Wings never let SJ off the matt.

Great job by the Wings. They weren't the most talented team in this series, but they wanted it more. Also, it helped that we Hasek this time. :sly:

Yea it could have been....

I think Game 6 was the ONLY game in the series that San Jose did not have a lead in at some point.

That's crazy.

Hopefully in this next series they won't spot Anaheim 2 goal leads. I don't think the Ducks will blow them like San Jose did....

THE PLAYERS SHJOOK HANDS AND MOVED ON. I didn't. I drank .

that being said, lets relax and not generalize about "fans". Remember that the internet is a weird slice of siocially troubled folks, like myself

Go Wings, down the Ducks.

Edited by Defenseman13

The crazy thing is the series could have been a sweep. San Jose was the better team in the 1st 4 games, had leads in every one of them, but the Wings were so damn resilient that they actually walked away with 2 wins.

After game 4, the series shifted, and the Wings never let SJ off the matt.

Great job by the Wings. They weren't the most talented team in this series, but they wanted it more. Also, it helped that we Hasek this time. :sly:

What series were you watching? the Sharks are lucky they didnt get swept if anything...

Okay, seriously..there's no need for this thread.

Shark fans have been nothing but great since before the series even started. Majority on here stated that it would be a hard fought series and any team could win. It was only a very minimal few that were trolling on here and trying to stir it up a bit. It's going to happen, but not need to rub it in because the ones left and still posting are the classy ones.

Thanks for a great series, Sharks! I gotta say, I've got a lot of respect for both the Sharks and their fans. :clap:

Now time to beat those Ducks!!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I remember 90% of sharks fans calling a sweep or SJ in 5.. I would like to hear you people chime in with your thoughts on this series.. We all told you the Wings would pull it off.. ;)

There is such a thing as being a gracious winner.

I actually want to hear from the Wings fans who declared "series over" when the Sharks took the lead in game 4.

Same here.

:rolleyes:

Same here.

But I want to hear about how the Sharks are faster, bigger and younger. Please Please, I really want to hear how Detroit cant play physical enough to beat the Sharks. Come one please.

Flames fans - We are faster, bigger and younger. Wings cant last againts us

Shark fans - Ware faster, bigger and younger then the flames, we are going to kill the Wings

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So far so good guys.

Duck Fans - We are faster, bigger and better then the Sharks, the Wings cant stop us. Please, come back in 2 weeks and see what happens.

I still think the Sharks are a terrific hockey club. You have one of the best GM's and scouting teams in the league and you have an abundance of young talent that will carry this team for years.

I think it's obvious, but the Sharks are still very young. But these kinds of disappointments can only make you stronger. The Wings had a LOT of disappointing playoff exits before finally putting it all together.

Despite Marleau struggling in this series I still love this guy. I think he's a great leader and a perfect #2 centreman on this club and a great representative for San Jose. And Thornton? There's not much else to say about this kid. I knew he was a true leader and he showed it in this series.

Keep you chin up Sharks fans. Your future is incredibly bright and I'd be shocked if you didn't make it to the finals within the next 2 years.

If the Wings ever face you in the postseason again, I don't think we should count on you taking your heel off our throats when you get an early lead. Those kinds of lessens are usually learned the hard way and I imagine the outcome will be different next time around.

Good series and good luck in the future. It's very bright.

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.
Or as Bo Schembechler said after watching a kid go spaz in the end zone after a TD: "Act like you've been there before!" Edited by Gizmo

The whole point of a 7 game series is that the better team wins. I'd really like to know your basis for saying the Wings aren't as talented as the Sharks.

Okay, seriously..there's no need for this thread.

Shark fans have been nothing but great since before the series even started. Majority on here stated that it would be a hard fought series and any team could win. It was only a very minimal few that were trolling on here and trying to stir it up a bit. It's going to happen, but not need to rub it in because the ones left and still posting are the classy ones.

Thanks for a great series, Sharks! I gotta say, I've got a lot of respect for both the Sharks and their fans. :clap:

Now time to beat those Ducks!!

:thumbup:

Exactly, spamadelphia was obnoxious, but for me there's no reason to rub it in or anything. For one, we've all been there numerous times as Wings fans, and for two, one posters annoying repeatitve posts don't speak for an entire fan base. Although the Shark tank could take a page from MSG, there was absoultly no graditude for a great season afterward like Rangers fans showed there team. Not that Wings fans would either, thankfully we don't have to worry about that yet.

The Sharks are a great team, although much like Nashville, I don't think many roster moves should be made, but there not going anywhere with that coaching staff. Well, the head coach at least. But like Hank said which is very true, the disappointments make teams stronger, and it's kinda like a right of passage. Every team goes through it, Wings fans know this first hand.

I'm going to resist calling out the dooms dayers, as much as I would like to. I'm just going to hope that when a game doesn't go the Wings way this series, maybe they'll just chill out for a bit instead of getting all silly like they have the past two series. And enough with the "they gotta prove it" on all levels, they've proved it. IMO the best 2 teams from each conference are truly represented this year. Go WINGS!!

Thank GOD we have folks like to you teach us proper etiquette and demonstrate a level of class that supersedes the general posting class :blink:

Same here.

Wait a minute! ...are'nt you doing EXACTLY the same thing that you say should not be done...since you are so high and mighty let it go...who cares what the nay sayers have to say or where they are....oh yeah...but it is OK because they are fans of the same team that you are.....sounds like another example of hypocracy in the mix and worse than that it sounds like spiteful petty banter directed at your own community.

try holding yourself to that higher standard you expect from others...lead by example

So anyway....yeah I am all for rubbing a hard fought victory in the oppponents face when come here to our turf and start or involve themselves in our community, taunt us, and then disappear like a puff of smoke. You know they would be doing the same thing, well not disappearing, but gloating over their victory...it is not like there are 50 threads bashing them....I think we deserve at least a few threads commenting on how we overcame the goliath that was the SJ Sharks and how many of their fans should be eating some crow. They are bigger, stronger, faster, younger, better goalie and beat us quite soundly during the regular season...but I am sure they are still the "better" team LOL :zzz:

brutus

THE PLAYERS SHJOOK HANDS AND MOVED ON. I didn't. I drank .

that being said, lets relax and not generalize about "fans". Remember that the internet is a weird slice of siocially troubled folks, like myself

Go Wings, down the Ducks.

I'm loving that you're cheering us on! I'm like that to- if a team takes the Wings out of the playoffs it almost feels "ok" later if that team wins the cup, right? There's less shame losing to the league champions then to eventual losers.

Stay on the boards bro! It'll be a tough series, but the Ducks aren't as good as the Sharks so I'm not as scared as I was for the SJ series.

GO WINGS! :D

Anyone interested in reading what Samadelphia had to say about us on the sharks site?

Samadelphia

Thank GOD we have folks like to you teach us proper etiquette and demonstrate a level of class that supersedes the general posting class :blink:

Wait a minute! ...are'nt you doing EXACTLY the same thing that you say should not be done...since you are so high and mighty let it go...who cares what the nay sayers have to say or where they are....oh yeah...but it is OK because they are fans of the same team that you are.....sounds like another example of hypocracy in the mix and worse than that it sounds like spiteful petty banter directed at your own community.

try holding yourself to that higher standard you expect from others...lead by example

So anyway....yeah I am all for rubbing a hard fought victory in the oppponents face when come here to our turf and start or involve themselves in our community, taunt us, and then disappear like a puff of smoke. You know they would be doing the same thing, well not disappearing, but gloating over their victory...it is not like there are 50 threads bashing them....I think we deserve at least a few threads commenting on how we overcame the goliath that was the SJ Sharks and how many of their fans should be eating some crow. They are bigger, stronger, faster, younger, better goalie and beat us quite soundly during the regular season...but I am sure they are still the "better" team LOL :zzz:

brutus

I gotta agree with ya. :clap: Maybe some others should start a "Sharks ass kissin' thread"...oops nevermind I see they already did, the hosers one :hehe:

I know when I get to work today I'll be rubbin it in everyones face, just like my co-workers would be if the Wings lost. Why not get some in here, its not its its getting really ugly or anything. Go Wings!!

Edited by wingsin4