• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ILWingsFan1

Hasek owes Lidstrom a beer

Rate this topic

Actually not just a beer. An entire case. I love the guy, I have since he played for the Sabres. But he about gave me a coronary tonight.

You suck at playing the puck, Dom. So please stop!

Bad play on Dom's part for sure, and yeah he gets burned sometimes when he goes out of the net, but how many more times has it worked for him? I would say the odds are in his favor considering he's won 6 Vezina trophies, 1 Olympic Gold medal and a Stanley Cup. Dom is what you call an "active goalie". He wanders, he keeps the play moving, he flops...but he's 42 years old and guess what, it works for him. So let's all stick to doing what we do best and cheer on the Wings and let Dom do what he does best, which is stop the puck. Besides the fact that he makes you nevrous sometimes makes it that much more exciting when he makes the save. That's what many Hasek fans will tell you they love so much about his style of play, myself included.

As far as Lids, what can you say about that amazing piece of defense, he's the best in the league for a reason!! He bailed Dom out on a bad turnover, but that's what teammates do for each other! :clap::D

Hasek must keep playing the puck in order for the Wings to be successful.. I know he makes mistakes, but ultimately he is doing more good than anything else. Think about it.. we have been beat in the past by teams who love to dump and chase and win the battles with a hard forecheck.. Hasek is taking away this element of the game and the wings are able to move the puck out of the zone with more success then i have seen in some time.. not only that, but the Defense is not forced to take a beating like they have in the past..

Hasek must keep playing the puck in order for the Wings to be successful.. I know he makes mistakes, but ultimately he is doing more good than anything else. Think about it.. we have been beat in the past by teams who love to dump and chase and win the battles with a hard forecheck.. Hasek is taking away this element of the game and the wings are able to move the puck out of the zone with more success then i have seen in some time.. not only that, but the Defense is not forced to take a beating like they have in the past..

Ding ding ding.

Hasek may not be the best at handling the puck but it's a big part of the Wings success so far.

I hope all the people who bashed Lidstrom during this series (especially regwinguofmfan) were watching tonight. Lids played absolutely phenomenal, just like he has been all year. He made that save on Hasek's only mistake of the game, he stopped a 2 on 1, he contained SJ all game, and played worthy of the C on his chest. I've always said it and will continue to say it: Lids is as good as it gets on D.

Okay, okay, he's allowed to play the puck. But can I at least tell him to practice a bit? :P

This thread is all in fun. I love the Dominator, always have, since well before he wore the winged wheel.

lol.. yea i know what you mean.. he makes me nervous every time he come out of the net..

Watching the behind the net cam replay and the sportcenter replays, I don't think it was in..

It looks like it's going parallel to the goal line.

Either way great help Nick and great scramble back Dom.

is hasek hand or wrist injured ... ???

Not sure, but if so its no big deal.

As long as his ego is intact, he will be good to go.

I hope all the people who bashed Lidstrom during this series (especially regwinguofmfan) were watching tonight. Lids played absolutely phenomenal, just like he has been all year. He made that save on Hasek's only mistake of the game, he stopped a 2 on 1, he contained SJ all game, and played worthy of the C on his chest. I've always said it and will continue to say it: Lids is as good as it gets on D.

First of all, I wasnt bashing Lidstrom, I stated that Lilja was the best D man in the series thus far. Lilja did in fact play like a beast again tonight.

Lidstrom actually looked like Nick Lidstrom tonight, I loved it. Nick has been a favorite of mine since he got here.

But thanks for calling me out.

You have earned regwinguofmfan's ass hat on the night award.

Congrats, Nabokov almost won it.

Watching the behind the net cam replay and the sportcenter replays, I don't think it was in..

It looks like it's going parallel to the goal line.

Either way great help Nick and great scramble back Dom.

It does look that way from the replay. Even so, one could argue that when Nick hustled back, it forced Grier to hurry the shot and release it before he got his stick all the way around the post.

So Dom still owes him that steak dinner. :cool:

Hasek does owe him a drink, and the entire team owes Hasek a few drinks or two after his brainfart because he completely shut the door and was absolutely superb after that. So I guess the team and Hasek are all even. :cool:

Hasek does owe him a drink, and the entire team owes Hasek a few drinks or two after his brainfart because he completely shut the door and was absolutely superb after that. So I guess the team and Hasek are all even. :cool:

Agreed. Dom made a mistake, but do to a nic eplay there was no goal. But Dom was awesome tonight. A few really clutch saves. I'd say his best game of the playoffs. We got 2 goals, and not for a second did he let them think they were back in it. Credit obviously goes to the whole team, but I loved Doms game. Keep it up.

Agreed. Dom made a mistake, but do to a nic eplay there was no goal. But Dom was awesome tonight. A few really clutch saves. I'd say his best game of the playoffs. We got 2 goals, and not for a second did he let them think they were back in it. Credit obviously goes to the whole team, but I loved Doms game. Keep it up.

I don't know about the rest of you, but in the 3rd period last night, I had one of those rare feelings that, as long as Dom could see the puck, there was no way it was going in the net. He really seemed to be in the zone - a state that is usually reserved for opposing goalies this time of year.

I don't know about the rest of you, but in the 3rd period last night, I had one of those rare feelings that, as long as Dom could see the puck, there was no way it was going in the net. He really seemed to be in the zone - a state that is usually reserved for opposing goalies this time of year.

I had the exact same feeling and I'll take it a step further. I had the feeling that no matter what they did, they weren't going to score. That's a nice feeling, isn't it? That's the feeling that's been missing for several years (probably since 2002). That wasn't meant to be a shot at any of the other previous goalies or to start any type of flame war.

When the Wings needed shots stopped, Dom stopped them. Yes, he let in some bad goals early in the first period, but he slammed the door when needed. One goal in the last six periods. I'll take that.

That was a superhero play by Nick, incredible. And that wasn't his only big defensive play last night, Nick was really on his game just like the captain should at this point of the season.

Norris #5 :clap:

I have been trying to say this in every Dom should stop handling the puck thread.

Its amazing how so called Hockey fans dont understand this. :rolleyes:

A goalie playing the puck stops the dumb and chase because he slows down the play.