• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Roberto Who?

I am a Ducks fan

Rate this topic

You gotta go with The Booth here. The Duck is a much more physical team than San Jose and they proved it beating them on the ice and in the alley during the regular season. There is an atmosphere of violence in the way they play. If you think Calgary is tougher than Anaheim I ask you to review the tape of Jarome Iginla taking on Franky Beauchemin in last years playoffs and getting one punched right out of town.

Look also at the way Anaheim beat down Minnesota and then Vancouver. Both series had moments where the opponent stole some thunder and looked like they could hang with a bigger faster team. But time wore them down. How did the Van series end? With Rob Neidermayer laying out Hansen with a devastating check. But that wasn't unusual. That's how the whole series went. In fact, it was so bad tha Luongo was complaining about it .. and that's why he got scored on.

Same thing is gonna happen here. The Wings might stay close for a while, particularly opening at home and having that soft Euro game going for them with Datsyuk flittering around. But in the end Lidstrom is gonna have to stop Selanne, Macdonald and Kunitz and that is going to mean that the PPG line (perrry, peenr Getlzaf) are gonna light up Lilja, Cheliold or whoever else you got.

Duck in 3. Bank.

If we suck so bad then why are we here. And why have we been to the playoffs 16 straight years? You don't realy think that Lidstrom is the only D-man we have, do you? Why can't we just say good luck and root for our teams.

Guest LGKRinkrat

One one punch doesn't actually display how tough your team is...I would bet my house that if Jarome and Francine Beauchemin fought 5 times Iginla would win 4 of them...even the sun shines on a dogs ass somedays!! Great you guys led the league in fighting majors..that does nothing for you this time of year.. and it really does nothing against us because we don't fight....your 4th line will essentially be glued to the bench. One thing Ducks fans seem to be forgetting is that the puck moves a hell of a lot faster than the man so if we are moving the puck quick and controlling the possesion and taking the odd hit to make a play you can't keep up. This is an even match up of two different styles..who can play their style better will win this series.

1) Iginla got ROCKED and it cost him the series. He had NO idea who he was fighting. He made a big mistake and paid dearly. And that's precisely the problem you face. The Duck physicality has got them past everyone but this final 3 and I see NOTHING in the Wing line up that is going to change that.

2) Seriously you Wingies seem to think you are the first team that ever passed the puck. Have you seen Pahlsson, Neidermayer and Moen team with Beauchemin Pronger and Neidermayer to shut down everyone on the league? Do you think the Sedins don't pass the puck? Gaborik and Demitra? Come on.

3) Hasek is an airhead I think even the most biased Wing fan is gonna agree. He is far from steady and when he starts flipping out .... LOOK OUT COOKOUT! I think the Duck is gonna go hard to the net, Lidstrom isn't gonna be able to handle it and the Dominator is gonna start Fominating at the mouth.

4) My true opinion is that the Duck will split in Detroit, the Wings will have flashes of brilliance, but when they arrive in Anaheim the age and size factor is going to catch up to them. The DUck are like an NFL team with a good offense (btw, sorry to bring up the NFL! hows Matt Millen these days?) that grinds grinds grinds until the opponent gives up. You'll give up by game 3.

Trust me. I know.

1) Iginla got ROCKED and it cost him the series. He had NO idea who he was fighting. He made a big mistake and paid dearly. And that's precisely the problem you face. The Duck physicality has got them past everyone but this final 3 and I see NOTHING in the Wing line up that is going to change that.

2) Seriously you Wingies seem to think you are the first team that ever passed the puck. Have you seen Pahlsson, Neidermayer and Moen team with Beauchemin Pronger and Neidermayer to shut down everyone on the league? Do you think the Sedins don't pass the puck? Gaborik and Demitra? Come on.

3) Hasek is an airhead I think even the most biased Wing fan is gonna agree. He is far from steady and when he starts flipping out .... LOOK OUT COOKOUT! I think the Duck is gonna go hard to the net, Lidstrom isn't gonna be able to handle it and the Dominator is gonna start Fominating at the mouth.

4) My true opinion is that the Duck will split in Detroit, the Wings will have flashes of brilliance, but when they arrive in Anaheim the age and size factor is going to catch up to them. The DUck are like an NFL team with a good offense (btw, sorry to bring up the NFL! hows Matt Millen these days?) that grinds grinds grinds until the opponent gives up. You'll give up by game 3.

Trust me. I know.

I am aWings fan, and I would have agreed with you before I saw how these Wings don't give up, EVER!! Have you ever heard the story of David vs. Golith? Who won I don't remember.

Now lets get one thing perfectly straight. I'm a real hockey fan here, not someone sitting around like a bunch of girls at a cheer contest crying nervously just minutes before they grab their pom poms and go onstage. As applied to art, I'm a realist and you are merely baroque. So don't expect this series to go any different from a typical Duck playoff series of late, which is WIN WIN WIN WIN and on to the next round. So whenever you are ready to have someone hand you the reality, you can come knock on my door. But until than, you can keep name dropping your references to "Red Wings Speed" and "Ducks physicallity" that you heard from Jim Fox on the yahoo series preview and pretend you are discussing hockey like real men.

Honestly, Dominik Hasek and Chris Osgood are in net? What next, are the Gin Blossoms, REM and Eddie Money going to sing the National Anthem?

I am aWings fan, and I would have agreed with you before I saw how these Wings don't give up, EVER!! Have you ever heard the story of David vs. Golith? Who won I don't remember.

Its a 1 seed versus a 2 seed. Explain how this David Goliath thing applies.

Please Advise,

The Booth

Now lets get one thing perfectly straight. I'm a real hockey fan here, not someone sitting around like a bunch of girls at a cheer contest crying nervously just minutes before they grab their pom poms and go onstage. As applied to art, I'm a realist and you are merely baroque. So don't expect this series to go any different from a typical Duck playoff series of late, which is WIN WIN WIN WIN and on to the next round. So whenever you are ready to have someone hand you the reality, you can come knock on my door. But until than, you can keep name dropping your references to "Red Wings Speed" and "Ducks physicallity" that you heard from Jim Fox on the yahoo series preview and pretend you are discussing hockey like real men.

Honestly, Dominik Hasek and Chris Osgood are in net? What next, are the Gin Blossoms, REM and Eddie Money going to sing the National Anthem?

Please Advise,

The Booth

Age will not kill the Red Wings, and neither will physical play from the Ducks.

You sound like a Calgary fan. What next? Are you going to tell me that the Wings made the number one spot by beating on a weak division?

Trust me. I know.

Cmon dude..the Sedins pass the puck in a 15 foot circle in one corner of the ice.. and seriously you Duckies think that you are the only team this year that has tried to out match us physically.. We were ready for the Flames, we were ready for the Sharks.. i really don't think you guys are much more physical than the Sharks are.. I agree Hasek is an airhead but I could really care less if he is or not as long as he keeps stopping the puck. You guys are going to go hard to the net? why wouldn't you? Saying Lids wont handle it is where I know that you have lost your marbles...he is the best d-men in the league bar none and has been that way for almost ten years..you can have your Pronger and Nidermayer. I can't wait to see Dats and Z turn that loaf Pronger into a giant pilon!!

Please Advise,

The Booth

i real hockey fan??? from your posts it would be really hard for me to consider you a real hockey fan. go watch the OC and leave the hockey talk to the big boys.

Please Advise,

The Booth

The more you claim to be a real hockey fan the more I am starting to believe that you are not.. you don't have to keep telling us. I know you probably have some deep hockey roots in Cali..we get it!!! I would love to come to your door and hand you some reality but I cant get there until 6 pm and thats probably passed your curfew!!

Have all of these Ducks fans ODed on their Prozac 'script? Good lord... Talk, talk, talk...

Heard that same spiel from Calgary and San Jose... Talk, talk, talk.

What have the Wings done? They walk.

Age will not kill the Red Wings, and neither will physical play from the Ducks.

You sound like a Calgary fan. What next? Are you going to tell me that the Wings made the number one spot by beating on a weak division?

.........Nah, you are right, that division was rocksolid. That's why its accounted for just 1 other playoff victory this postseason.

i real hockey fan??? from your posts it would be really hard for me to consider you a real hockey fan. go watch the OC and leave the hockey talk to the big boys.

I don't see what your weight problem has to do with it.

The more you claim to be a real hockey fan the more I am starting to believe that you are not.. you don't have to keep telling us. I know you probably have some deep hockey roots in Cali..we get it!!! I would love to come to your door and hand you some reality but I cant get there until 6 pm and thats probably passed your curfew!!

Look, I was born in SARNIA, Ontario, and grew up a diehard Leafs fan. Than I moved to a very affluent part of Southern Cal, began following the Kings, than realized what a waste of a franchise they were in 98 when I decided to jump on the Duck bandwagon. If you want to make personal threats, than be aware the authorities may get involved as I am a paralegal and will not stand for this. Now I hope we can have legitimate hockey talk with out you blind Wing fans pretending rooting for a team with a longer history somehow makes you omniscient with regard to hockey.

Have a nice day,

The B0oth

This should be a great series. Being a duck fan i was really wishing that SJ could have taken you guys out because we owned SJ this year, went 5-2-1 against them and we would have had home ice. Against the Wings it was 2-2 each team winning at home, and now we don't have home ice and we have to steal one at the Joe, which is no easy task.

In all honesty, I think the ducks don't get much respect on Defense after Nieds, Prongs, and Beauchy, however we have a realiable D-man in O'Donnell and Kent Huskins has been a great sight to see in the post season (think Niedermayer/Lidstrom esque), not that good, but very similar.

It's true that we have been rolling only 3 lines in the first 2 rounds, but that is changing with this series as Todd Marchant will be back after having sports hernia surgery April 6th, and that alone will allow our 4th line a lot more minutes having Marchant out there centering May and most likely Thornton/Parros.

I think honestly Lidstrom/checking line will dominate over our Top Line of Selanne, McDonald and Kunitz, and I honestly feel our checking line/Niedermayer will shut down Datsuyk and Zetterberg. This series is going to be decided by the second and fourth lines on both teams. Without Schneider there is going to be a little hole on your D. Is that going to be enough to contain Getzlaf, Perry and Penner? Who knows, if they show up they will be the difference in the series. Getzlaf and Perry have been amazing, while Penner has disappointed a bit this post season. I would love to see The Getzlaf line matchup with the Bertuzzi line (isn't holmstrom on that line too) the ice would collapse under the weight of those two lines out there at the same time. Bertuzzi vs. Penner would be an awesome battle to watch, especially since Bertuzzi appears to have elevated his game finally.

Another X-factor in this series is actually Pronger, he is that extra phenomenal D man that the Wings don't have, but the Wings play that Babcock trap defense when they get the lead which is almost impossible to break through, we saw how the sharks struggled.

I do not make predictions as I am superstitious as my team always loses when i make a prediction, but I will say that both teams have their work cut out for them and being as they are the number 1 and 2 teams in the conference this is how the Conference Finals should be.

Guest LGKRinkrat

Have all of these Ducks fans ODed on their Prozac 'script? Good lord... Talk, talk, talk...

Heard that same spiel from Calgary and San Jose... Talk, talk, talk.

What have the Wings done? They walk.

OK lets be serious here. And before any big shot decides to ban me read this carefully and see if you and your board can handle the truth.

In all of sports what fans are the biggest loudmouths? The most in-your-face, know-it-all, condescending fatso's dripping nacho sauce on their jersey as they bigmouth it up in the opponents arena? Yankees? Raiders? Maybe. But I tell you who is in the running BIG TIME. The Wings.

This "the Wings walk the walk they don't talk the talk" thing is nonsense. Wingfans bigmouth it in every arena in the league and they are proud of it.

Have you guys noticed how these lil quackpacking fairys from Anaheim are calling their Measily Ducks, "The Duck", singular as if it's going to make them sound more intimidating? Get real, girls. You're still a team named after a bird that literally sheds it's genitalia.

If you want to make personal threats, than be aware the authorities may get involved as I am a paralegal and will not stand for this.

:lol:

now i know this guy is really a ducks fan.

Guest LGKRinkrat

.........Nah, you are right, that division was rocksolid. That's why its accounted for just 1 other playoff victory this postseason.

I don't see what your weight problem has to do with it.

Look, I was born in SARNIA, Ontario, and grew up a diehard Leafs fan. Than I moved to a very affluent part of Southern Cal, began following the Kings, than realized what a waste of a franchise they were in 98 when I decided to jump on the Duck bandwagon. If you want to make personal threats, than be aware the authorities may get involved as I am a paralegal and will not stand for this. Now I hope we can have legitimate hockey talk with out you blind Wing fans pretending rooting for a team with a longer history somehow makes you omniscient with regard to hockey.

Have a nice day,

The B0oth

Sarnia is a beautiful city. Garden spot of that part of the world. I admire you for that, but wonder how anyone from such an idyllic hometown can be so belligerent. What is up with you ?

OK lets be serious here. And before any big shot decides to ban me read this carefully and see if you and your board can handle the truth.

In all of sports what fans are the biggest loudmouths? The most in-your-face, know-it-all, condescending fatso's dripping nacho sauce on their jersey as they bigmouth it up in the opponents arena? Yankees? Raiders? Maybe. But I tell you who is in the running BIG TIME. The Wings.

This "the Wings walk the walk they don't talk the talk" thing is nonsense. Wingfans bigmouth it in every arena in the league and they are proud of it.

unlike lgk.com and disney.com.com, we don't ban folks around here for being cheesedicks.

Have a nice day,

The B0oth

says it all right there

So, what is it? Some form of misguided penis envy? Because a few blowhard moron Wings fans spring up in opposing arenas is a green light for you to lower yourself with inane rants?

I suppose you've got to take every opportunity you get, right? Even though it requires riding the coattails of the other local team because your team couldn't bust it's way out of a paper bag, let alone ice a respectable hockey team?

Wrong. There's already about 5 people from disney.com been IP banned on this site.

Wrong. Only 1 has been "IP banned", and it's the same halfwit that thought he was cute back in 2003.

When opposing fans come in here you're on a short leash: Act like a level-headed hockey fan and you're in the clear. Come off like a complete asshat and you're finished. Pretty simple.

I have been trying to come up with a suitably childish comeback for all of these foolish DuckS fans, but it's too far below me. Luckily for you, your team isn't taking us as lightly as you are.

I predicted Wings in 7 1rst round, Wings in 7 2nd round......both times it took only 6. I'm going to go with Wings in 7 again, since that has been so good for me. Every game I dress my daugher in her litte RedWings jersey we win......I bought a 3rd outfit after winning against the Sharks, so I won't miss any games again, and plan to keep up the tradition.

Edited by LionsAndRedwingsAndPistonsOhMy

Please Advise,

The Booth

It applies because you keep talking about how big and physical the Ducks are. And how you will Dominate.

So when was the last time you won a cup?? If the the Ducks win every playoff series then they should have a few cups then, huh?