• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Roberto Who?

I am a Ducks fan

Rate this topic

Ok at first I thought that maybe the smog was getting to you a little bit but now I'm convinced you have your mouth over the exhaust pipe of your Hummer!!

Please read his other posts. He owns a '91 Toyota. He's gambling on this game so that he can get a blower added to the hood and maybe even carpet the interior. If he loses he's giving up his apartment and living in a Winebago in the desert (I hope there's a parking space big enough for it at the law firm).

The damage-causing fumes are not from his car. His mouth has been over the exhaust pipe of someone else's Hummer.

Chelios has been friggin' outstanding. Injuries forced him up to 26 minutes for Game 6, and how did he respond? FLAWLESS defense, 2 assists, +2. The man is a beast, and I have nothing but confidence in his ability at this point in the season.

Billy Guerin said that Chelios is in such good shape he rides his bike in the sauna. Since this zinger was his only contribution to the Playoffs, I'm going to repost it every opportunity I get.

Billy Guerin said that Chelios is in such good shape he rides his bike in the sauna. Since this zinger was his only contribution to the Playoffs, I'm going to repost it every opportunity I get.

That's not a zinger, it's a fact.

Please read his other posts. He owns a '91 Toyota. He's gambling on this game so that he can get a blower added to the hood and maybe even carpet the interior. If he loses he's giving up his apartment and living in a Winebago in the desert (I hope there's a parking space big enough for it at the law firm).

The damage-causing fumes are not from his car. His mouth has been over the exhaust pipe of someone else's Hummer.

What do the kids say these days?......owned :lol:

I don't know how often you leave Michigan, but I can tell you that there are quite a bit more than "a few" blowhard Wing fans. I think there is a consensus in all of Canada and most of the US that the Wing fans are the most obnoxious of all.

And I hope you aren't attacking my precious Kings. KingsRule!

Um, I live in Canada and I could make a very similar argument about Leafs fans. All of my friends love the Buds and everytime I see them at ball or hockey I have to hear the same crap "We kicked your ass in '93!", "We have more Cups than you!".

When you try to explain to them that we have actually won something in the past 40 years it doesn't deter them in the least.

There's ignorant fans following all the teams and I wouldn't put one fan over another. But for my vote, Leaf-fan is the most obnoxious and annoying. Or, at least I used to think that until a few Ducks fans came trolling over here.

To Ducks fans that are mature and have come on here peacefully to discuss the series, good luck and enjoy the site. The rest, I don't imagine we'll hear one word from 24 hours after the last game in this series is played.

I'd trade Giguere for Luongo any day of the week. ;) Too bad goalies can't win games by themselves.

nothing was more annoying then having to hear Luongo this Luongo that in this series....giggy was the better goalie in the series and was over shadowed by mr roberto...not one time did i hear an announcer talk about giguere over luongo in the series...

nothing was more annoying then having to hear Luongo this Luongo that in this series....giggy was the better goalie in the series and was over shadowed by mr roberto...not one time did i hear an announcer talk about giguere over luongo in the series...

That's because Luongo basically IS the Vancouver Canucks, which Giggy is not for the Ducks.

But anyway, I was just messing around. :)

How many Canadian annoucers did you have to watch calling the games? they are notorious for turning every Canadian paly into a God, thank goodness all 1st round games were on FSN here in Detroit so we didn't have the constant, Kipper this, Kipper that, but I understand you're insanity induced hatred for Luongo! :hehe:

Edited by Winged Scooter

That's because Luongo basically IS the Vancouver Canucks, which Giggy is not for the Ducks.

But anyway, I was just messing around. :)

no doubt he is the canucks...i wouldnt mind havin him on my team...

How many Canadian annoucers did you have to watch calling the games? they are notorious for turning every Canadian paly into a God, thank goodness all 1st round games were on FSN here in Detroit so we didn't have the constant, Kipper this, Kipper that, but I understand you're insanity induced hatred for Luongo! :hehe:

Amen. Watching the Flames-Wings series on the CBC was painful at times. Before each game they would show a short video montage of highlights from throughout the series. If you hadn't seen a minute of any game you would have assumed that the Flames were destroying the Wings in each game according to what they showed.

Ron Maclean is also really getting on my nerves the last couple of years. If he isn't crying and whining about the 'new' NHL he's complaining about any call or non call that goes against a Canadian team. Remember that goal that got disallowed in game 5 when Maltby was thrown in Kipersoff? He swore up and down how that was the right call. Kelly Hrudey argued that it was a bad call and that he should know because he was a goalie. I guarentee you if that was Iginla getting pushed on Hasek MacLean would have been screaming bloody murder about what a horrendous call it was. I used to love MacLean but I'm tired of him now.

And it wasn't only Kipersoff that received high praise but Deon Phaneuf. Maybe even more so. I like Phaneuf but he could be one of the most overrated dmen in the league. Sure, he's good on the PP and hits like a train. But for each hit he delivers I could show you a clip of when he got dumped on his ass or how he wondered out of position to make a big hit only to have his team scored on.

The CBC will be showing the Wings and Ducks so they'll probably jump on the Wings bandwagon since they're an orginal 6 team. But I'll watch the NBC telecast anytime I can. Screw CBC and their homer views.

And don't even get me started on how they shove Maple Leaf hockey down our throats. What have the Laughs done lately? Oh, that's right, NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Meanwhile there's another Ontario team that has and are now in the Conference finals. But will that change anything next year? Of course not. Thank goodness for my centre Ice package.

F the CBC.

first round was on fsn here to...2nd round was all on versus i believe...

Amen. Watching the Flames-Wings series on the CBC was painful at times. Before each game they would show a short video montage of highlights from throughout the series. If you hadn't seen a minute of any game you would have assumed that the Flames were destroying the Wings in each game according to what they showed.

Ron Maclean is also really getting on my nerves the last couple of years. If he isn't crying and whining about the 'new' NHL he's complaining about any call or non call that goes against a Canadian team. Remember that goal that got disallowed in game 5 when Maltby was thrown in Kipersoff? He swore up and down how that was the right call. Kelly Hrudey argued that it was a bad call and that he should know because he was a goalie. I guarentee you if that was Iginla getting pushed on Hasek MacLean would have been screaming bloody murder about what a horrendous call it was. I used to love MacLean but I'm tired of him now.

And it wasn't only Kipersoff that received high praise but Deon Phaneuf. Maybe even more so. I like Phaneuf but he could be one of the most overrated dmen in the league. Sure, he's good on the PP and hits like a train. But for each hit he delivers I could show you a clip of when he got dumped on his ass or how he wondered out of position to make a big hit only to have his team scored on.

The CBC will be showing the Wings and Ducks so they'll probably jump on the Wings bandwagon since they're an orginal 6 team. But I'll watch the NBC telecast anytime I can. Screw CBC and their homer views.

And don't even get me started on how they shove Maple Leaf hockey down our throats. What have the Laughs done lately? Oh, that's right, NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Meanwhile there's another Ontario team that has and are now in the Conference finals. But will that change anything next year? Of course not. Thank goodness for my centre Ice package.

F the CBC.

iim lookin forward to center ice package next year....

Giggy was not the better goalie in the series..thats just stupid to say that..I will give you one thing though he had one stat that had Luongo beat and that is wins and when it comes right down to it thats all that matters!! After watching Luongo play alot this year it is very clear to me who the best goalie in the world is at this moment!!

Giggy was not the better goalie in the series..thats just stupid to say that..I will give you one thing though he had one stat that had Luongo beat and that is wins and when it comes right down to it thats all that matters!! After watching Luongo play alot this year it is very clear to me who the best goalie in the world is at this moment!!

no doubt he is the best but im saying that giggy got no recognition for that series...all Luongo

F the CBC.

:thumbup: Good call. My wife and I noticed how bias the Candian anouncers are.

Guest YouGotBoothed
TJ..is that you on the computer again...hold on hockey fans. i think my 5 year old is playing on the computer again. Let me go have a talk with him and put him in time out.

Would be preety sad if that was true, not keeping an eye on your kids when they are the age of 5 is preety bad parenting in my oppinion.

Guest YouGotBoothed

Um can you help me for a second?, i was trying to read this http://www.nhl.com/

and about middle of the page it says the stats, and you look at the GAA of the goalies in the post season right?. And i believe it says Giguere on top doesnt it?, maybe if you can double check and see for your self then tell me about it, that would be a tremendous help on your part. Thanx again man i appreciate it. :thumbup:. Now im not saying Giguere is the best in the world, but right now i think it is saying now dont quote me on this, i THINK it's saying he is number one over everyone in the NHL right now.

Edited by YouGotBoothed

Gosh you are so witty..thanks for that...GAA, Save %, SO's...who gives a f***..I already said that Guigere had the one stat that mattered most and that is wins...but thanks for the statistical break down I appreciate it!! :thumbup:

This is going to be a great series. I am so excited for Friday. I apologize for any Ducks fans that come over here and don't give any respect and run their mouths about how the Ducks are going to win it in 3.

Any Ducks fan will tell you that we wanted San Jose to win so we didn't have to face you guys. I for one have tremendous respect for the Red Wings organization and am looking forward to this series.

I am actually making my first ever trip to Michigan for the 4th of July week. I am excited!

Um can you help me for a second?, i was trying to read this http://www.nhl.com/

and about middle of the page it says the stats, and you look at the GAA of the goalies in the post season right?. And i believe it says Giguere on top doesnt it?, maybe if you can double check and see for your self then tell me about it, that would be a tremendous help on your part. Thanx again man i appreciate it. :thumbup:. Now im not saying Giguere is the best in the world, but right now i think it is saying now dont quote me on this, i THINK it's saying he is number one over everyone in the NHL right now.

He's also faced the least amount of shots of the goalies still in it, which would make sense considering he's played the least games and they were against the offensive powerhouses Vancouver and Minnesota.