• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ducks2007

Go Ducks

Rate this topic

I can kinda forgive Calgary and their fans for thinking they were gonna manhandle us. I can understand it even more with the Sharks and their fans. Both got a wake-up call for sure. And then another for their tee-time.

But Quack fans talking smack? Have they seen any of their games this playoff? :lol: This thread is hilarious to be sure.

After coasting through the first two series, the Ducks are in for a real wake up call. Wings take the first 2 in Hockeytown, split in Anaheim and take the series in 5.

Well you got Slow and Old right, as you havent faced any real physical teams yet as the Ducks so far in this years playoffs. With knowing your blueline not having the physical aspect in it!............ you will deffinatley be seeing half your team slow due to the hard hitting and checking coming from us. I can see the headlines already, "Age caught up to Wings, due to young talent". If i see this headline on any news paper, or online article, i demand compensation reporters!.

Learn 2 Play

hooray for internet catch phrases :rolleyes:

Have a good laugh than buddy. Hopefully it will last you throughout the entire offseason.

Duck in 4.

Well I apologize. To us Duck fans, any series that goes further than 4 or 5 games is "the brink."

You're the same clown who polluted the Canucks boards for two weeks yapping about a sweep over there too..I guess if you keep saying sweep over and over again some time in the next 12 years(if hockey in Anaheim lasts that long)you will get one right. I really wish we could get the sharks fans back..at least they had some class!!

Does anyone have any paper towel so I can wipe all the dripping sarcasm of my computer? :lol:

:rotflmao:

I'd pass along the Quicker Picker Upper but I don't think there is enough to cover that and still soak up all the crap that is spilling out of the mouths of some of the Ducks fans here.

I've decided that as a Ducks fan, I must continue the great reputation we are setting for ourself:

OmG dominick hassek is so old and slow, he is gong to nied a walkerto stop selanne and kariya, the two best players in the uSa nhl. sellannee is italian, but he can play really well and i think kariya is canadien, but he doesn't suck like canada lolz. detroit has such a weak dfense, they havent played any phyzicle teams. clargary is a bunch of flamers and the sharks sux. the seires is a sweep, youguys, im sorry. ducks will win it in four games, and you will all be crying in game 4 at the joe louis outdorr stadium.

In all seriousness, just know that there are some Duck fans who can maintain some class. Is anyone from these boards going to Game 3? Maybe we could have an LGW meet, as I can guarantee no one will heckle you! Furthermore, I can't understand how much analysis is put into these games, I just expect a great series.

I've decided that as a Ducks fan, I must continue the great reputation we are setting for ourself:

OmG dominick hassek is so old and slow, he is gong to nied a walkerto stop selanne and kariya, the two best players in the uSa nhl. sellannee is italian, but he can play really well and i think kariya is canadien, but he doesn't suck like canada lolz. detroit has such a weak dfense, they havent played any phyzicle teams. clargary is a bunch of flamers and the sharks sux. the seires is a sweep, youguys, im sorry. ducks will win it in four games, and you will all be crying in game 4 at the joe louis outdorr stadium.

In all seriousness, just know that there are some Duck fans who can maintain some class. Is anyone from these boards going to Game 3? Maybe we could have an LGW meet, as I can guarantee no one will heckle you! Furthermore, I can't understand how much analysis is put into these games, I just expect a great series.

Everyone loves to analyse series' to death but in the end, like you said, the game is played on the ice. It's the reason why Maggie the Monkey has owned the Hockey Panel on TSN for 2 years now. (except for this year. She's been brutal! Obviously she was taking advice from Nick Kypreos).

Guest Crymson

Yeah, because Calgary was a bunch of nancies wearing tutus.

Obviously you havent met my good buddy Markov and everyone's favorite whipping boy turned idol Andreas "The Pain Train" a.k.a. Lilypads Liljia. These 2 will respond from the blue line if it starts gettin physical. No doubt.

Oh and some Ducks fans have said that our blue line is weak. Noone gets to thier respective conference finals with weak D, so drop it already. On top of that, the wings have some of the best backcheckers in the league. Even pavel has been fantastic back in his own zone. So we may have taken a hit on D with Schneids out, but everyone is picking up the slack.

The finnish flash is not to be underestimated, however. He has the wings number, and he will be running and gunning for us the whole series. Too bad we dont have Hatch to knock out a coupla his teeth (Olympics, anyone?)

Finally, scoring this post season has been wonderful for the wings. Every line is producing, and in different and critical times. Who would have guessed that the Mule would have won in OT vs. Calgary? Or Lang singlehandedly turning the series around? (Or even scoring on a breakaway?) How about Sammy sealing the deal? Seriously.... SAMMY!? He was the flavor of the month for beat downs and verbal carnage here on the boards. The wings have what it takes, and should not underestimate a team with fantastic D, great goal scorers, and a goalie that has what it takes to get through most of the playoffs on different occassions.

Its a grind, and the Wings have played extremely difficult teams the past 2 series. Hopefully we can capitalize on the fact that the Ducks have been sitting and have not played as many games (and may not, therefore, be as fresh).

LETS GO RED WINGS!

No kidding. What a joke.

Good point on Sammy. We've seen that if you manage to shut down our top line, our low-liners will sneak in and score on you. See Cleary, Draper and Maltby against Calgary, Samuelsson last night, Filpulla against the Flames, etc.

Honestly, what are these Ducks fans trying to accomplish? "We're gonna win!" Uhm ok--why don't we just watch the series, as that's the only thing that matters?

I'm glad to have you around--in terms of intelligence, you're clearly the alpha male of all the Ducks fans we've seen on here so far. Any chance you could control them like the alpha male does?

You're the same clown who polluted the Canucks boards for two weeks yapping about a sweep over there too..I guess if you keep saying sweep over and over again some time in the next 12 years(if hockey in Anaheim lasts that long)you will get one right. I really wish we could get the sharks fans back..at least they had some class!!

....And? I was one flukey Jeff Cowan eyes closed shot from being right... A helluva lot closer than those Canuck fans yapping about how great the Sedin twins were and how we had "no answer for the speed of Nazzie" and that it would be Vancouver in 6.... Credit where credit is due, I made my point, the Duck backed it up on ice, and they were left fuming in a fit of humiliation.

Expect nothing different here.

Can you call your ISP and have them disconnect your internet to refrain from embarrassing us REAL Duck fans any further? We all know Selanne is Swedish, and Kariya is Korean, who said anything otherwise? The Duck has had more playoff series than anyone over the last 4 seasons, and only the Game 7 loss to New Jersey is what you'd call a "Great Series...."

Thanks,

The Booth

Guest Crymson

I keep thinking of that show... Are you smarter than a Fifth Grader?.....and the answer keeps coming up as No.

We're old, we're slow, we're soft, we're untalented, and we're out-weighed by several hundred pounds. We are royally screwed!

Yeah, these Ducks fans either don't know or don't really care that we just beat out the team with the largest average size in the league.

To the OP,

I have no idea why so many guys jumped on you the way they did. I mean, I thought your post was reasonable and legit...you just happend to favor your favorite team, something we are all guilty of 100% of the time and there is nothing wrong with that.

In my opinion, I think there is some validity to what some duck fans are saying. Now, our standard defense is damn good. We did allow the fewest shots during the season (right?), and we were amongst the best in GAA. However, that was with Kronwall and Scneider in the lineup....two huge key elements. Now one can make an argument that our defense is weak....many would contest that. But surely one must conclude that if not weak, our defense is weak-er. Then again, our current defense that we will have throughout the series did shut out the sharks in an elimination game. Does that mean Quincy is an improvement for our losses? Does that mean given more ice time, Lilja and Lebda actually better our D? Well, i'm sure it would be hardpressed for anyone to say with certainty that any of that is true. However it appears that those players at least have the skill to sustain. And thats why the wings will indeed have a great chance this series.

Why is that so duck fans? Well lest you forget, Though statistically speaking you played "harder" teams this playoffs, most analyst project otherwise. The wild weren't much of an offensive team, a one-dimensional group that can be shut down with one line. They are full of inexperience which is painstakenly obvious in their D and their net. Backstrom had a great run sure....but ask any wings fan the importance of playoff experience when it comes to goalie, and they'll tell you why Legace is the biggest bum to ever walk to planet. (i personally think they're all idiots, but they support my argument in this case so hey) As well, the next team you played was the 'nucks. If given the choice, i think everyone would rather play them over SJ. At one point in the season, no one really took them seriously. then a few teams started to slip, they had a flux in their schedule, and voila...they were a playoff contender. The talent on that team doesnt suffice, and its quite obvious that they are no SJ or Detroit. The ducks have had the privelege of playing a few teams that arent quite built for the playoffs. The wings on the other hand....thats all they have played. They paid for it in the injury department...only time will tell if it was all for better or worse this coming series.

Wings in 6

Don't worry, he'll be shown the door as soon as he reaches samadelphia-level trolldom (closing in fast).

I really miss the San Jose posters - at least they weren't trolls, and knew what "the brink" meant. I mean get with the program already! It's not that complicated!

And our grammar and spelling are impecable. Is The Booth not a regular user of the English? Or am him fume damaged? Good luck with adding that blower to your Toyota.

You guys have gotten the best of the worst in these duck fans. As much talent as they have on their team, it's these idiots that make me dislike them. And the fact that they're a Disney product.

Whew, you mean so say there is but one duck? Hell, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we can beat him, even if he is 12'4 408lbs.

Please stand by for homerific assgrabbery:

The Wing will kick some assery, and we won't even need The Wheel.

Guest Crymson

....And? I was one flukey Jeff Cowan eyes closed shot from being right... A helluva lot closer than those Canuck fans yapping about how great the Sedin twins were and how we had "no answer for the speed of Nazzie" and that it would be Vancouver in 6.... Credit where credit is due, I made my point, the Duck backed it up on ice, and they were left fuming in a fit of humiliation.

Expect nothing different here.

Gee, ouch. Clearly you can judge any series. Is this supposed to impress us, somehow? Should we just not watch the series?

Can you call your ISP and have them disconnect your internet to refrain from embarrassing us REAL Duck fans any further? We all know Selanne is Swedish, and Kariya is Korean, who said anything otherwise? The Duck has had more playoff series than anyone over the last 4 seasons, and only the Game 7 loss to New Jersey is what you'd call a "Great Series...."

Thanks,

The Booth

Sarcasm detector is evidently nonfunctional.. better call the repair service. FYI, he was blasting troll Ducks fans like yourself with the post in question.

Wonderful. Sounds like we got ourselves a whole new group of assholes now. Some of these posts makes me think we're dealing with Blues fans.

"Wings suck, Wings are old, Wings are *******, Wings don't hit, Wings don't fight, Wings are ***". This is just some of the stuff I'm already seeing. Very similar to what Blues fans say.

With the exception of tangstoiggy and a couple of 10 post trolls, the Flames fans were the best I've ever seen. They came on here and had normal discussions without being cocky, arrogant pricks. The Sharks fans, with the exception of one or two people, were also good people. I can already tell by this topic though, that Ducks fans will be like pulling teeth trying to deal with. Woo.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Yeah how funny. We have a new group of losers that will come in, talk massive amounts of trash, then when the Wings hand their asses to em, they are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Funny how they can run their yap now, but when the Wings are up 2-0 in the series. Then we'll see how much trash they spew. All I know is, I feared the Sharks alot more then the Ducks all year. So since we DOMINATED the Sharks, on our ice, and on theirs(especially considering the Shark tank is wayyyy harder to play in than the Ducks building) I am extremely confident that we will kick the s*** out of the ducks. Us beating the Flames and Sharks is a bigger accomplishment then beating the wild and the nucks. We aren't the nucks or the wild, so if the Ducks think they are gonna handle us in any similar way, they have a reality check coming. I was gonna say Wings in 5, but not having Schneider anymore makes me lean more towards Wings in 6. Either way, its gonna be a beatdown, curtousy of the mighty Detroit Red Wings. Bye Bye little Ducklings.

Guest LGKRinkrat

"Wings suck, Wings are old, Wings are *******, Wings don't hit, Wings don't fight, Wings are ***".

You said it, not me.

Ducks suck, Ducks are too inexperienced as a whole, Ducks are *******, Ducks are goons, all the Ducks can do is fight, Ducks are ***.

Oh yeah and the Ducks have never won s***. And that trend will continue for years to come. HAHAHA!

And Lidstrom WILL win the Norris trophy over both those ****** Ducks. I love it. They have two guys nominated(same as we did in 02 with Cheli and Nick) yet neither of their bums are winning s***. Lidstrom will be making even more space for his mantle. WOOOO!