• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest riem007

Series predictions in the Media

Rate this topic

I find it hilarious that it's so blatanly obvious that he hates the Wings SO much.

Today on Sportcenter him and Bucci were talking about the game and they showed the clip of Lidstrom with that AMAZING save. What does Barry say. 'Yeah, the puck wasn't going in..but still a good play by Nicky." And then on the Wings beating the Sharks: "San Jose just had no character this series, that is why the Wings beat them and bla bla bla. The Ducks are a different story and that's why I'm picking them to win it."

That is funny, you can just hear the dispise in his comments. I wonder if Melrose has been hanging out with or even dating Kara Yorio? :huh: (what a nice Wing hating couple they would make!)

I find it hilarious that it's so blatanly obvious that he hates the Wings SO much.

Today on Sportcenter him and Bucci were talking about the game and they showed the clip of Lidstrom with that AMAZING save. What does Barry say. 'Yeah, the puck wasn't going in..but still a good play by Nicky." And then on the Wings beating the Sharks: "San Jose just had no character this series, that is why the Wings beat them and bla bla bla. The Ducks are a different story and that's why I'm picking them to win it."

Versus seemed to do much the same thing last night. The Wings didn't win the game last night...the Sharks lost it. Subtle difference, but Versus didn't seem to want to give the Wings much credit last night.

He can't call hockey, much less coach it (hence Detroit turned him down a coaching position several years age, which is why he hates the wings).

Ohhh... there's the secret reason! I always thought it was because Oz roughed him up at a Zeppelin concert.

Just looking through the ESPN articles,

Burnside's prediction for the West

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007...&id=2863456

Here is the quote:

"Sharks in seven. Oh, wait -- we used that one last round. Seriously, the way the Wings have played in the past three games makes believers of us. Detroit in seven."

Finally we have a believer and some respect.

Discuss.

Guest Tunbo Batman

im guessing he picked against us 4 times in 2002 :P poor sap, he's so sad he couldn't work for us.

Detroit vs. Calgary

Red Wings (win in 6) -- Amber

Red Wings (win in 7) -- Buccigross

Red Wings (win in 7) -- Burnside

Red Wings (win in 5) -- Cohn

Flames (win in 6) -- Hradek

Flames (win in 7) -- Melrose

Detroit vs. San Jose

Sharks (win in 7) -- Amber

Sharks (win in 7) -- Buccigross

Sharks (win in 7) -- Burnside

Sharks (win in 6) -- Cohn

Sharks (win in 6) -- Hradek

Sharks (win in 6) -- Melrose

Detroit vs. Anaheim

Ducks (win in 6) -- Amber

Ducks (win in 7) -- Buccigross

Wings (win in 7) -- Burnside

Ducks (win in 6) -- Cohn

Ducks (win in 6) -- Hradek

Ducks (win in 6) -- Melrose

Keep picking against Detroit. Funny, when the year started, Detroit

was the odds on favorite by ESPN "Experts".

* Note Melrose picks.....I guess, Once a Putz, always a Putz!

Wait.. Melrose is a Putz for being on objective reporter who favours the Ducks over the Wings? Or he's a Putz for getting his first 2 round predictions wrong? Or he's a Putz for not viewing the league as Wing-centric?

I'm confused..

Wait.. Melrose is a Putz for being on objective reporter who favours the Ducks over the Wings? Or he's a Putz for getting his first 2 round predictions wrong? Or he's a Putz for not viewing the league as Wing-centric?

I'm confused..

he's a putz because he has nothing but hate for the wings. i woudln't exeactly describe his "reporting" as being "objective".

I thought that, according to experts, we weren't supposed to make the playoffs this year...

No we WERE supposed to make it, but it would be very hard to do so and probably no higher than a 5 seed... :blink:

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Yeah I never take any of their picks to heart. They are dead wrong from year to year. I remember last season Melrose wouldn't shut up about the Dallas Stars winning the cup, blah blah blah. Melrose, along with most of the other espn guys, are ******* clueless when it comes to NHL picks.

Mullet is an ass. he did not get Wings coaching job back in 90-ies and since then holds a grudge against the franchise. he's not as bad hockey analyst as some people think but his clean anti-Wings attitude pretty much nullify his credibility in this case.

other than him... I see nothing wrong with predictions of Ducks win. they have every right to get past us in a best of seven series, especially now when the Wings are shorter on the bench.