• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Packer487

Hasek Is Clutch

Rate this topic

You want Clutch?

Check out Mr. Hasek's stats in elimination games since he joined the Red Wings (elimination games for us or our opponent):

-Shutout tonight

-1 goal allowed in a double OT win to knock out Calgary

-1 goal allowed in Stanley Cup clinching game against Carolina

-Shutout in Games 6 and 7 after falling into a 3-2 hole against Colorado

-Shutout against St. Louis

-4 goals allowed against Vancouver in a 6-4 win.

That means in 7 elimination games as a Red Wing, he is 7-0, has allowed 6 goals, including FOUR shutouts and six games allowing one goal or less. In his last 6 he's allowed TWO goals total. And, ya know, a 2-0 record with a 0.00 GAA and a 1.000 save percentage when the Wings are facing elimination.

Unbelievable how good this guy is when it counts.

Edit: Added a couple of things....

-Tim

Edited by Packer487

Guest Crymson

You want Clutch?

Check out Mr. Hasek's stats in elimination games since he joined the Red Wings (elimination games for us or our opponent):

-Shutout tonight

-1 goal allowed in a double OT win to knock out Calgary

-1 goal allowed in Stanley Cup clinching game against Carolina

-Shutout in Games 6 and 7 after falling into a 3-2 hole against Colorado

-Shutout against St. Louis

-4 goals allowed against Vancouver in a 6-4 win.

That means in 7 elimination games as a Red Wing, he has allowed 6 goals, including FOUR shutouts and six games allowing one goal or less. And, ya know, a 2-0 record with a 0.00 GAA and a 1.000 save percentage when the Wings are facing elimination.

Unbelievable how good this guy is when it counts.

-Tim

The game tonight showed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that all of Hasek's detractors throughout this season have been wrong.

Fans from all over the NHL rave about how good Hasek is. It's about time that Red Wings fans begin to realize the same.

We've got a special guy in net. We're lucky to have him.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

Hasek is incredibly clutch.

Please, enough with the condescension.

Dude, get off my back. You want to talk condescension? Look at yourself.

People flame Hasek here all the time, many never giving one thought to the fact that 29 other teams would be happy to have him.

Dude, get off my back. You want to talk condescension? Look at yourself.

Half of your posts are devoted to calling fans out, as in, "I hope this finally proves..." or "Where are the doubters now?" or "Time for people to wake up." It's grating, and I wish you'd ease off -- especially if you're going to talk about how we need to be a unified fanbase.

Just my two cents -- take it or leave it. (I'm guessing the latter.)

you forgot ONE HUGE STAT:

-Lidstrom saves Haseks shutout by proving he's the undisputed Norris Trophy winner! ! !

I'M JOKING! I'M JOKING!

Seriously, when I heard the Wings passed up on good old Roberto I must admit I was a little skeptical about how far Hasek could lead us, but I will happily admit I was wrong and Hasek has definitely, at times, kept us in this series!

GO HASEK! ! !

GO WINGS! ! !

Guest Crymson

Just my two cents -- take it or leave it. (I'm guessing the latter.)

Correct.

You're free to interpret it any way you'd like, but as of now your interpretation does not meet my intentions in the least. I have no desire to condescend anyone. I simply want to see everyone be positive and supportive of the team. After every win, I read through the GDT just to see people happy.

You're also free to assume that you know what I'm about--you clearly do believe this--but again, you'd be wrong.

Edited by Crymson

Correct.

You're free to interpret it any way you'd like, but as of now your interpretation does not meet my intentions in the least. I have no desire to condescend anyone. I simply want to see everyone be positive and supportive of the team. After every win, I read through the GDT just to see people happy.

You're also free to assume that you know what I'm about--you clearly do believe this--but again, you'd be wrong.

It's not a matter of interpretation, it's just stating what I see. You've called faint-hearted fans cowards, shown a fondness for making a distinction between "true fans" and "untrue fans," and are generally very keen on calling people out based on the ways in which they show their support -- whether that's your intention or not.

I keep harping on this point because I see non-Wings fans praising these boards, and it makes me realize how great this community really is, and that if it has one downside it would be this whole "Well, you're not a true fan! / Shame on you! / Ha! Eat it!" elitist rhetoric that gets thrown around quite often.

Let the fans support the team in the ways in which they choose to do so. The chastising is unnecessary -- and I'll leave this argument at that to avoid being hypocritical.

Edited by Dabura

Hasek was incredible tonight and I can honestly say I've not once doubted him and was extremely pleased when he returned for another season here. He's still the Dominator and will go down as one of the best goalies ever. He showed tonight (except for one play where Nick saved his ass :D ) that he's still a shutdown goalie and can play at a level as high as anyone. Plus he gives the team a boost of confidence, unless he's handling the puck...thats a diff story... :crazy:

Guest Crymson

It's not a matter of interpretation, it's just stating what I see. You've called faint-hearted fans cowards, shown a fondness for making a distinction between "true fans" and "untrue fans," and are generally very keen on calling people out based on the ways in which they show their support -- whether that's your intention or not.

I keep harping on this point because I see non-Wings fans praising these boards, and it makes me realize how great this community really is, and that if it has one downside it would be this whole "Well, you're not a true fan! / Shame on you! / Ha! Eat it!" elitist rhetoric that gets thrown around quite often.

Let the fans support the team in the ways in which they choose to do so. The chastising is unnecessary -- and I'll leave this argument at that to avoid being hypocritical.

I fail to see how anything such as this is not a matter of interpretation.

Clearly my view on more than one thing differs from yours.

Dabura, that is the most intelligent thing Ive ever seen you type on this board.

We all love the wings and want them to win. Some of us are optimists and some not so much.

The bottom line, we love the wings.

Calling someone who is willing to say what they feel, an untrue fan is just wrong.

The way I see it, all the guys afraid to say what they feel are lemmings.

What a great moment in Wings history.

I remember when Patty stood up I was thinking, "What the hell do we have to do to score against this guy?!" then I heard, "The goal counts! The goal counts! The goal counts!" and was jumping out of my chair. Who'd've thought that Floppa's OT winner in Game 5 would be the last goal the Avs would score?

Edited by Swimming with the Sharks

I tried to start a thread about how well Hasek played the rest of this series but it was apparently deleted. So I'll post it here one last time:

I will happily be the first to admit that Hasek was absolutely solid in Games 4-6. I didn't see him pull the motionless snow angel ONCE and he had some HUGE saves. A little help from Lidstrom tonight, but he was totally solid. I could feel the strong possibility of a shutout coming on midway through the second period.

If this is considered eating crow for my previous thread.. it has never tasted so good.

And I have to throw a Kudos out there to Hasek and the Wings. I might not love the guy, or even like him, but he really stepped up the last three games of the series.

Games 1-3 SV% .908, GAA 1.66

Games 4-6 SV% .961, GAA 1.00

his GAA was good the whole time- (thanks in part to solid D) but he really stepped up his play another level the last three and there is no denying he was everything Dom fans said he could be and what Dom critics had hoped for when we said he could play better.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Remember when he won a Gold Medal all by himself?

Remember when he got the Sabres to the Stanley Cup Final all by himself?

Remember all of those series in Buffalo that he stole all by himself?

This is nothing new with this guy.

Remember when he won a Gold Medal all by himself?

Remember when he got the Sabres to the Stanley Cup Final all by himself?

Remember all of those series in Buffalo that he stole all by himself?

This is nothing new with this guy.

I think it's a little extreme to say he did those "all by himself". It's a team sport. IMHO, giving a goalie all the credit is just as bad as laying all the blame on a goalie.

But I do agree that he was the main reason the Sabres had the success they did back then. He had plenty of help with the Czech team, but again, he was a huge reason they won that one too.

Even though he annoys me, he has played very well lately and that makes me very happy.

*edit* not picking a fight here, just throwing out my two cents. :cool:

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

I think it's a little extreme to say he did those "all by himself".

Of course. That's why it's a figure of speech, a cliche, etc. But it's the closest to literal that I've ever seen that cliche coming.

I think it's a little extreme to say he did those "all by himself". It's a team sport. IMHO, giving a goalie all the credit is just as bad as laying all the blame on a goalie.

But all too often people will lay all the blame on the goaltender, so it's nice for him to get all the credit every now and then :P

And there's no denying that he was the biggest part of the Sabres then, they were nothing without him.

Hasek is amazing, I am still just as happy right now as when I heard we had signed up again. I liked Legace and all but last year in the playoffs I kept thinking man if we had Hasek in net right now we would be Owning these guys. and wathcing the old 2002 footage of Hasek's passion during the playoffs and his excitment level just makes things that more better.

I'm glad Hasek is back with the team, He belongs in a Wings Uniform, He has heart, Talent, and Experience.

way to go Dom, Keep it up :clap:

The conversation starts with a word. One word. One: Hasek. It ends there!

Like water in the desert, have all the haters dried up and gone away? I remember last summer not many wanted him back. Now we're 8 wins away. :P Put it this way: imagine for a minute we had Toskala, Giguere or similar starting here for us instead of Dom. That's what many of you wanted. Where are ya now?

Hello? *pin drop* :D

Edited by motorcitykid

Except for the Goc goal, he has been stellar. Thornton to Cheechoo one-timers are basically always going to work (LAY ON THE ICE CHELLY!) .. he is unorthodox as ever, and frankly it's taken me a while to get "re-used-to" having my heart jump up in my throat when he sprawls.. but it's been working out a-okay I think! It's been repeated ad-nauseum everywhere, but the amount of confidence he instills in his teammates can't be ignored.. playing with fire and tenacity!

All praise Dom Hasek! (it'd be nice to have him back next year too!)

Cool stats in this thread. You definitely could tell the difference between Hasek and Manny/Cujo watching him last night- he made some saves that the other two probably wouldn't have..saves, that if they were goals, would have deflated the Wings. GO DOM!