• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Datsyuk in the Playoffs So Far

Rate this topic

I couldn't agree more, Kira. and I know Dmitriy feels the same way as well.

BTW I like the new Signature Picture also Kira "Raw Emotion" the look on Pavs face is priceless

You can thank Offsides for the new sig...she gave it to me for a birthday present. And I agree with you, that pic of Pasha showing true emotion and joy is absolutely beyond priceless.

Dmitri, my friend, I think the only thing that got hurt on Nabby was his pride. Trust me, he'll get over that. :)

Well Datsyuk REALLY stepped it up in games 5 and 6 after my infamous "Paging Datsyuk" thread after game 4 didn't he? He even came through on the road (along with Hasek, Lidstrom, Cheli and the entire Wings D obviously), and winning in 6 games instead of 7 gives us a fighting chance against the Ducks.

Keep it up Pavel! :clap:

I hope Dats didn’t hurt Nabby too bad, we expect him now in Moscow.

Damn I see Pasha hoisting the Cup again, he really deserves it.

Nah Datsyuk and Nabby are fine, have to stay proffessional.

Nabby won't be going to play in Moscow now will he?? Might be alittle late, They are beating the Czechs right now 3-0. Eremenko and Koshechkin have been playing good as far as I've heard but Nabokov would really help.

whats this i hear about pav being injured?

last year when everyone was ragging about him only getting 3 assists in 5 games. The guy had a charley horse so bad that blood had to be drained out of the back of his knee. He came back cold, right into the playoffs, and was still injured. Yet, of course, people dont let that get in the way of the "Datsyuk is a choker" argument.

last year when everyone was ragging about him only getting 3 assists in 5 games. The guy had a charley horse so bad that blood had to be drained out of the back of his knee. He came back cold, right into the playoffs, and was still injured. Yet, of course, people dont let that get in the way of the "Datsyuk is a choker" argument.

Truth of the matter is, he probably should not have played last year AT ALL in the playoffs because of that injury. I know they had him on pain meds that made him a little wonky (I'd bet Vicodin or something close to that), and he really should have not even tried to come back and play. But he sacrificed himself for the good of the team and came back before he should have.

Right now, I think he'd have to be dead before you could get him out of a game.

It seems that scoring in Game 1 helped to get the monkey off his back so that he could concentrate on playing his game. Beyond the offensive totals of Pavel, the defensive efforts of guys like him and Z have also been great, and have helped to lessen the blow of losing so many defenceman. Datsyuk has looked much different in this post-season than I remember from years past.

That being said (and I'm not trying to be a downer here or anything) I would like to see Datsyuk, along with Zetterberg, get more done offensively on the road. If they can get it going away from the Joe, I really like our Stanley Cup chances.

I think the helper in San Jose the other night might just have cracked the wall open.

Dmitriy, give Pasha my best wishes when next you talk. Wish him luck for me.

One thing i am really noticing about Pavel as the playoffs grind on here is that he has become fearless out there. Playoffs before this he would not carry the puck up the centre of the ice and challenge d-men as much as he is and especially not be the first on the puck in the corners. He has been drilled hard a few times coming up the wing "Phaneuf and Neidermyer hits" but he hasn't backed down at all. In previous years after taking such hits he really seem to shy away from the battles. (yes i know he was injured last year in the playoffs) He seems to be initiating contact and actually throwing his weight around. I knew it was only a matter of time until he started putting up points in the playoffs. The part of his game i did not expect to see was the physical side of him and the fearlessness he is showing. I think this will help him alot over the course of his career. The fact that he was able to shake the label of playoff point choker but also the notion that if you played him rough you could get him off his game. So props to Pav for not only the points he's put up but his all around game.

He is only four points behind Spezza. I believe if the wings make it to the finals. Datsuk will lead the league in points in the playoffs. The sens' probably won't go seven. While the wings-ducks have a good chance of going seven. Thus giving more games in which to play in. It is that simple.

It's been a joy to watch Pasha's transformation. No longer is there just a sneaky smart playmaker with hands that perform magic. He's been a demon on the penalty kill (and if you don't believe that, just go back and watch on the 5 on 3 the other night), out on the power play, and even initiating physical contact and not backing down for anything or anyone. He's made his game so much more complete. This is the real, true Pavel Datsyuk coming to the fore. It's wonderful to watch the transformation, right in front of our eyes.

It's like watching a chrysalis turn into a butterfly.

He become a mean little f***er too.

Ripped of his helmet and went after some chump in game 2.

Great to see.

I lent him my Irish temper. :D

Pavel is a dominant force every night he's on the ice. I'm so glad I get to watch him in the winged wheel for another 7 years... Him and Zetterberg are the future and key to many more cups. :blush: