• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fins52

Congratulations

Rate this topic

I'm sure there are many other threads like this here today, but I'm new so I figured I would start another.

1st off let me say congratulations. I am a die hard Sharks fan in San Jose, and I just have to say that I really feel like the better team pulled this one out.

I have been hanging around this board reading what's been going on since the end of the Sharks/Preds series. I didn't register until today because I just felt compelled to say hello to all you Wing's fans and tip my hat so to speak. It was so nice to play in a series where there wasn't goonery and idiots all over the place, like those Nashville nerds. Your boys played a great series and really figured out how to shut us down.

This seems like a great place to hang out and talk hockey. The SJ boards won't even let new people register because there are so many idiots already there. Anyways, congratulations again and good luck in the WCF!

I'm sure there are many other threads like this here today, but I'm new so I figured I would start another.

1st off let me say congratulations. I am a die hard Sharks fan in San Jose, and I just have to say that I really feel like the better team pulled this one out.

I have been hanging around this board reading what's been going on since the end of the Sharks/Preds series. I didn't register until today because I just felt compelled to say hello to all you Wing's fans and tip my hat so to speak. It was so nice to play in a series where there wasn't goonery and idiots all over the place, like those Nashville nerds. Your boys played a great series and really figured out how to shut us down.

This seems like a great place to hang out and talk hockey. The SJ boards won't even let new people register because there are so many idiots already there. Anyways, congratulations again and good luck in the WCF!

Agree. Nice to talk about a great series without all of the jackassery! Stick around man, there's good people here.

:thumbup:

esteef

Thank you for the good luck. I don't want to be mean, but I think a lot of sharks fans are stupid, and know nothing about hockey. You are not one of them. The sharks will probably be back in the po's next year, good luck to ur team. GO WINGS!!

Guest Crymson

Sharks fans and players have been a class act. This is in utterly stark contrast to Flames fans and players. I hope you will take it upon yourself to continue visiting this forum.

:thumbup:

congrats wings fans!

Live it up now because in a few years your team will be s***.

I except this guy from my previous statement.

congrats wings fans!

Thanks but still remember this is the start of the Wings rebuilding years they are only going to get stronger and younger, we have alot of good talent in the farm system and still over seas that are going to be coming up and over soon hope the see the Sharks again next year in the post season ,oh yea what time is T Time?

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

Guest Crymson

Thanks Fins 52! It was a great, hard fought, clean series! Could of gone either way.

Yeah well we were suppose to be 's***' this year.

Well, think about it: in three years we'll only have Howard in Liv in net, plus Datsyuk, Hank and Homer, plus Filpulla, Kopecky, Hudler, Lebda, Kronwall, Franzen and goodness knows how many of our other prospects.

I wouldn't put it past Lidstrom to play well into his 40s. Schneider has said that he plans to do so as well.

Edit: forgot Cleary and Maltby.. and Draper will almost certainly stay here until he retires. That's a measly 75% of our current roster altogether.

Edited by Crymson

congrats wings fans!

Yup, we haven't been hearing that for the past decade? :P Funny how the Wings continue to finish at the top of the standings.

Sidenote: A lot of people beat me to the punch with this one.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

congrats wings fans!

Ok Yorio, the jig is up... we know it's really you under that spamgoblin mask. Now quit trolling our boards fishing for quotes that you can plagerise for your next comic bit that you call a column. Get back to work over at Yahoo-less and start churning out more of those articles which contain all the insight and expert analaysis that one would expect from a talking chimp. And finally, the ultimate insult, "Yorio; you make Bob "doughnut" Mackenzie look good!".

And if by chance you're not Yorio in disguise then you might be the first male hockey fan as dumb as she is.

Unless Dats, Z, Homer, Kronner, Lebda, Flip, Huds, Grigs, and Franzen all defect to Jupiter, the Wings will remain an elite team with a shot at the Cup every year for the next few years and beyond.

If you don't think Hakan Andersson can continue to find talent where no one else can then you obviously are not a hockey fan. If you don't think Holland and Yzerman can continue to evaluate NHL talent and bring in the best fit each year for this club then you are obviously an idiot. If you don't think Mike Ilitch is willing to spend the money to bring in quality pieces for a cup run each and every year then obviously you can't even read the names on the Cup for the years 1996, 1997 and 2002.

Now run along and dream up excuses for Patty "Nessie" Marleau and Joe "Jumbo-Dissapointment" Thornton while we Wings fans continue the quest for the Cup.

congrats wings fans!

wait, that sounds strangely familiar.

are we back in 1997?

dang, Matt beat me to it! :P

San Jose is a better bet to suck in the next few years. They've become the Senators of the West. In the off-season I'm guessing they're off to see the Wizard in hopes they can find some heart, brains, and courage.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

It's nice that it's the cocky comment that gets all the attention...

I for one appreciate what the non-homer shark fans brought to this match-up and I wouldn't mind seeing them again next year...

It's nice that it's the cocky comment that gets all the attention...

I for one appreciate what the non-homer shark fans brought to this match-up and I wouldn't mind seeing them again next year...

LOL I try to show up and be decent on behalf of all Sharks fans and my thread gets hijacked by some goon! Sweet irony.

I for one thought we would have an easier time with the Wings in the series, but that was just because I hadn't really paid much attention to your squad this year. Your guys have one thing I know we lack: consistency. Unfortunately for me, the Wings don't look s*** this year.

Edited by Fins52

First of all, don't let one idiot throw you off. We really are a good bunch around here, with some minor exceptions. I'm more than sure your board has that same problem.

Second, thank you for putting up a hell of a fight without getting all goonery on us. That was one thing I absolutely hated with Calgary. They thought the only way they could beat us was just that - to BEAT us. Didn't work, as you can tell. We're a pretty resilient bunch.

It was, at times, strange quirky things that determined the fate of a game one way or another. This series was nerve wracking and frustrating, but it was a blast to watch.

So thank you for being so kind...and I hope you will stay around and contribute - it's always nice to hear from another perspective. :)

Guest SJC

Another Shark Fan offering Congrats and Good Luck versus the Ducks and Teemu's jumbo size sticks.

To all the good Sharks fans thanks and goodluck next season. :):thumbup:

congrats wings fans!

Couldn't you not just have stopped at Congrats Wings fans. You sound like a child throwing a tantrum.

What happened to you after game 5 anyway??? After the Sharks went 1 up you said there won't be no comeback's. :lol::clap:

Congrats on a good, tough, clean series. It sucks to lose, but it is easier when the other team is clean and the fans show class. The Wings fans who came to my home boards, were awesome, as were the majority of posters here. I'll gladly pull for your team for the duration.

The Wings showed thir expereince, skill and desire and clearly the better team won. You'll need it against the Ducks, who probably won't play a very clean game like Detroit or SJ.

Best of luck!

Wait you registered AFTER the Wings has won the series!?! I'm impressed. Thanks for the well wishes!

I must say that you are welcomed around here.

One think about this series with San Jose...

For the first time, I saw a team do to us what we do to them, & I did not like it. The puck possesion & keep away. It was frustrating to say the least...

Fortunately, we did it a little bit more. ;)

But still, the Sharks played a hell of a series & it was good competition.

GO WINGS!