• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNut199

Attention Wings Fans: Stop being so cocky

Rate this topic

Look we know Ducks are Very Very good team ok?

But we don't go Duck's forum and say we gonna sweep them. (or that is very inapproporiate)

It all comes with territory. I know Ducks fans will say nothing other than Ducks victory. and for us, likewise.

But if you are being guest to our forum, just know what rammification your post would bring in a baised situation. How come we can't talk about how we gonna sweep Duck's in 4 in our own forum? then where can we talk about it? I'm sorry if I offended you but it just felt ridiculous to me that we have to act totally neutral in our own forum.

objectivly speaking I think Ducks are slightly better based on regular season, but we have reasons to be optimistic about this series and I hope Wings sweep them. (not likely tho)

ps well I would like to Welcome any respectful Ducks fans with common sense. my words might come off little frosty but writing is not my forte.

Edited by Yemack

Look we know Ducks are Very Very good team ok?

But we don't go Duck's forum and say we gonna sweep them. (or that is very inapproporiate)

It all comes with territory. I know Ducks fans will say nothing other than Ducks victory and for us, likewise.

But if you are being guest to our forum, just know what rammification your post would bring in a baised situation. We can't talk about how we gonna sweep Duck's in 4 in our own forum? then where can we talk about it? I'm sorry if I offended you but it just felt ridiculous to me that we have to act totally neutral in our own forum.

objectivly speaking I think Ducks are slightly better based on regular season, but I hope Wings sweep them. (not likely tho)

yeah..you don't want to go to disney.com.com...its really bad.

Ducks fans finally have a reason to be cocky.

The Wings have proven they're still a force in the West and in the NHL.

This should be a great series.

Go Red Wings!

Ok, I know that our cockiness as fans (or lack thereof) will have no effect on the play of our team whatsoever... but it will have an effect on every person who looks at us and decides that we're all assholes. We have reason to be confident, but only pricks are needlessly cocky

I personally feel that no series is a cake walk. It takes determination, hard work, passion, and skill to win a series. The sharks case, they seem to have lost their life blood once the wings stole one in san jose. I'm just believing in my team and stating what we've been able to prove without key people. The ducks personally scare me too, just like the sharks did. But I still feel it will be a tough, hard fought series. Remember, it's our revenge, we got it against Calgary.

Ok, I know that our cockiness as fans (or lack thereof) will have no effect on the play of our team whatsoever... but it will have an effect on every person who looks at us and decides that we're all assholes. We have reason to be confident, but only pricks are needlessly cocky

that is your opinion, and one you are entitled to have albeit I disagree....one man's cockyness is another's confidence....mere semantics...calling everyone who is cocky a prick...that is just wrong

brutus

This could easily win first place as "Retarded Topic of the Month" :rolleyes:

yet you make your appearance and comment thus propagating the discussion:huh:

I've rarely come to see Wings fans in here be cocky or arrogant or act like jackasses thinking that the Wings are the greatest thing since Columbus discovered America and that they cannot be beaten.

With that said, I absolutely cannot stand cockiness, arrogance, or trash talking, even when it is in good fun on an Internet forum or in real life in a game. I'm more of a quiet, behind-the-scenes guy who wants to do my job and go about my business and celebrate appropriately and quietly when appropriate.

If you talk s**t and you or your team loses, your words end up smacking you in the face and you sound like a foolish idiot then. I even hate going to rub it in people's faces, but if somebody acts like a little s**t and loses, I'll be the first one to tell that person something like "I told you so."

I played a lot of pickup basketball back in college, especially the summer before I graduated. I got into a lot of games with athletes from my school's football team and men's and women's basketball team. Not too surprisingly, some talking and jabbering here and there.

I would have none of it though, because while I have some decent basketball I.Q. and coordination, and I definitely kept up with them through sheer will/hustle, diving for balls etc. and making an infrequent jumper or garbage goal/layup, I was not an inkling close to their talent level. Me talking crap would've made me sound really, really foolish.

I've rarely come to see Wings fans in here be cocky or arrogant or act like jackasses thinking that the Wings are the greatest thing since Columbus discovered America and that they cannot be beaten.

With that said, I absolutely cannot stand cockiness, arrogance, or trash talking, even when it is in good fun on an Internet forum or in real life in a game. I'm more of a quiet, behind-the-scenes guy who wants to do my job and go about my business and celebrate appropriately and quietly when appropriate.

If you talk s**t and you or your team loses, your words end up smacking you in the face and you sound like a foolish idiot then. I even hate going to rub it in people's faces, but if somebody acts like a little s**t and loses, I'll be the first one to tell that person something like "I told you so."

I played a lot of pickup basketball back in college, especially the summer before I graduated. I got into a lot of games with athletes from my school's football team and men's and women's basketball team. Not too surprisingly, some talking and jabbering here and there.

I would have none of it though, because while I have some decent basketball I.Q. and coordination, and I definitely kept up with them through sheer will/hustle, diving for balls etc. and making an infrequent jumper or garbage goal/layup, I was not an inkling close to their talent level. Me talking crap would've made me sound really, really foolish.

anyone else notice the non sequitur here? :blink:

You dont have to lose to be cocky.

brutus

Edited by brutus

Guest nutz2u

How about a big serving of Pounded Duck a L'orange for dinner on friday. :rotflmao:

This thread is HILARIOUS. Wings fans want to get excited about their hyped up team making it past the 2nd round in 4 years, and now we are getting slammed for it?? Give me a break. This is a RED WINGS FAN FORUM. Cockiness here is welcome. If there were Wings fans going to Ducks boards and being cocky over there, then thats another story, but please do not come on here and tell Wings fans basically not to get excited about their teams success.

And for the record, the cockiness on this board has been minimal and most often only brought on by the cockiness of Flames/Ducks/Sharks/X fans.

I'm fairly new in participating on these sports discussion forums although I have been a die hard Wings fan since age 4. I started lurking on here three years ago and most people seem pretty level headed. I guess what I don't understand is why Ducks fans come on here and try to start arguments with us. If you're a Ducks fan then stay on your own board if you don't like the response you get on a Red Wings board. What do you expect from us? We are Red Wings fans and we just advanced to the CF for the first time since '02. We just beat a team that was picked by EVERYONE to beat us. We had some major injuries, they had none (save for Guerin's cut). I mean it is just mind boggling to me how Barry Melrose was still picking the Sharks on Saturday night even after our 4-1 win. Bottom line here is Wings fans feel that there is really a lack of respect in the media towards this team. I think the Ducks are a strong team just like the Sharks, but yeah I think we can beat them. I think it is possible. Does that make me cocky?

Wings fans are arrogant? How about everyone on every board, AND every sports TV and/or radio station had both Calgary and SJ wiping us in 4 or 5 games. Now, those same people are calling for a Anaheim Ducks sweep. Please, oh, please. Wings fans know too well about playoff disappointment to be cocky. I'd say everyone BUT Wings fans have been cocky this playoff season, but thx.

Anyone else care that badly? You want a shiny medal for pointing that out? *shrugs*

You are too weird for me...this has to go down as one of the most bizarre responses to a posting I have ever seen. EVER! I have nothing to say to you anymore...

[billy Crystal]

it's not fun, it's not funny

[/billy Crystal]

....just kinda sad

brutus