• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Grigorenko signs 1-year, $858,800 deal

Rate this topic

Irish Blues is a global mod at Hockey's Future and he has a source within the league apparently. He generally has contract details before they are released.

Grigorenko has been signed to a one year deal paying him $858,800 for the 07/08 season. This should come out soon. If this isn't credible enough to be in GD it can go to the rumor mill.

I'm excited to see what this guy can do!

he's finally coming.....anyone wanna speculate whether its a 2-way deal or 1-way?

Most likely it's a two-way deal. I think the Wings want to start him off in the AHL with the Griffins.

sweet

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Bertuzzi - Filpulla - Franzen

Draper - Maltby - Cleary

Sammuelson - Hudler - Grigorenko

?

I like your thinkin but... I think we'll get a 2nd line center to play with Bert (if he stays around), as much as I like Flip I don't know if he'll be ready for full time 2nd center duty and it wouldn't hurt to bring in one more pivot as that fourth line with Huds as center would look a lot better with Flip in the middle and Hudler/Grigs pushing each other for ice time. I don't see Kopecky in your line up either, where would you fit him in? I can see actually see Grigs spending all or most of next year in GR and Kopecky taking his spot unless Grigs lights it up and proves he's NHL ready rather than AHL ready.

Michael Handzus is a UFA center (Chicago) with size coming off a couple sub-par years that may be had for around 2.5m over 2yrs, he would be a good insurance policy.

Petr Sykora (Oilers UFA) might fit here as well, he's coming off a 20 goal campaign, has good speed and has some experience too. His -20 rating scares me a little... but he was an Oiler last year. Again I think he may trade a bit of cash for a legit shot at winning - under 3mil/yr I would hope.

Josef Vasicek (Preds UFA) could be another option. Has good size and put up decent #'s with Carolina before injury problems limited his production for the past couple seasons. From all reports he's got great skills and at 27 may just be ready for a breakout year if healthy. I don't know what kind of dough he would be asking for but after the last couple seasons I have to believe that a short term deal for around 2.5mil/yr could lure him to Detroit.

We can dream all we want about Briere or Drury coming over but there's no way Buffalo doesn't hold on to one of these guys and the other one's gonna command anywhere from 5 - 6.5 a year for sure so we probably can't afford it. Lost in the UFA problems for the Sabres might be Adam Mair though. He's plenty tough, with decent size and a good checker and would fit nicely with Draper and Maltby allowing Cleary to move up and play center.

This seems cool though I doubt Grigorenko will come over to play with the GRG. With the kind of contract he can get in Russia it would very much surprise me if he accepted any long stay in the AHL...

I like your thinkin but... I think we'll get a 2nd line center to play with Bert (if he stays around), as much as I like Flip I don't know if he'll be ready for full time 2nd center duty and it wouldn't hurt to bring in one more pivot as that fourth line with Huds as center would look a lot better with Flip in the middle and Hudler/Grigs pushing each other for ice time. I don't see Kopecky in your line up either, where would you fit him in? I can see actually see Grigs spending all or most of next year in GR and Kopecky taking his spot unless Grigs lights it up and proves he's NHL ready rather than AHL ready.

Michael Handzus is a UFA center (Chicago) with size coming off a couple sub-par years that may be had for around 2.5m over 2yrs, he would be a good insurance policy.

Petr Sykora (Oilers UFA) might fit here as well, he's coming off a 20 goal campaign, has good speed and has some experience too. His -20 rating scares me a little... but he was an Oiler last year. Again I think he may trade a bit of cash for a legit shot at winning - under 3mil/yr I would hope.

Josef Vasicek (Preds UFA) could be another option. Has good size and put up decent #'s with Carolina before injury problems limited his production for the past couple seasons. From all reports he's got great skills and at 27 may just be ready for a breakout year if healthy. I don't know what kind of dough he would be asking for but after the last couple seasons I have to believe that a short term deal for around 2.5mil/yr could lure him to Detroit.

We can dream all we want about Briere or Drury coming over but there's no way Buffalo doesn't hold on to one of these guys and the other one's gonna command anywhere from 5 - 6.5 a year for sure so we probably can't afford it. Lost in the UFA problems for the Sabres might be Adam Mair though. He's plenty tough, with decent size and a good checker and would fit nicely with Draper and Maltby allowing Cleary to move up and play center.

I think Zetterbergs tenure at LW is over once these playoffs conclude. He will be our 2nd line centre next year. I also hope that the Wings resign Calder and Bertuzzi (or at least 1 of them) and if Grig's makes the team I can see him playing on the top 2 lines.

Guest Crymson

Irish Blues is a global mod at Hockey's Future and he has a source within the league apparently. He generally has contract details before they are released.

Grigorenko has been signed to a one year deal paying him $858,800 for the 07/08 season. This should come out soon. If this isn't credible enough to be in GD it can go to the rumor mill.

I'm excited to see what this guy can do!

Very cool!

Guest MrSandMan

How is Grigorenko after that horrible injury he endured 3-4 yrs ago? Does it effect his game?

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I just don't know what to say about Grigs till I see him in a Red Wings uniform. Hopefully he will be another bad ass Russian for our squad.

i can see him on a line with Datsyuk next year...

i don't expect Dats or Z to be on the same line apart from the PP next year...

if i had to guess

Homer - Zetterberg - Franzen

Grigs - Datsyuk - Sammy

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Hudler - Filppula - Kopecky

and thats with no signings... i'd expect at least 1 UFA winger in TBH, but can't see Calder or Bert staying unless they seriously ramp it up the rest of the way to glory.

I think Zetterbergs tenure at LW is over once these playoffs conclude. He will be our 2nd line centre next year. I also hope that the Wings resign Calder and Bertuzzi (or at least 1 of them) and if Grig's makes the team I can see him playing on the top 2 lines.

Boy that would be sweet to have those two (Dats + Z) centering our top two lines. Just put them together for the PP and late game situations. If one or both struggle out of the gate though I don't think it will take too long before they're paired up again though (see Sept 06). I would love one of them to have Homer and the other to have Bert on their wings though... Take the Lang money and the cap increase and bring in another 2-3mil/yr scoring winger and resign Bert.

Bert - Z - UFA/Scoring Winger

Homer - Dats - Mule

Malts - Drapes - Cleary

Sammy - Flip - Kopecky/Huds

From the UFA list there's; Slava Kozlov, Scott Walker, Scott Hartnell, Freddy Modin, and Jason Blake that would all fit the bill and provide scoring. I hate Hartnell so he must be good. We took Markov from the Preds and that worked out pretty well.

*Jeff Cowan really impressed me during the playoffs with the Nucks. I wonder if we have any room for him? He can fight, plays hard and seems like he's finding his offensive game too. Best part of all... he would be dirt cheap. Waiver pickup who proved he can still play the game. Could even be a guy for GR and serve as a verteran call up.

How is Grigorenko after that horrible injury he endured 3-4 yrs ago? Does it effect his game?

Grigorenko was an elite prospect before the accident. Now they say he is 85% of what he was. He could still end up being a very good top six guy.