• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Markov been a factor?

Rate this topic

With all the injuries lately their has been a lot of talk about our defense and how they have been playing consitent. and Dani Markov hasn't been brought up very often. I feel that he has added another layer to our game that we needed from last year. He has brought the physical but smart play to the table and has been steady with his game. Along with Cheli and Lilja now playing physical as ever, has our defense being so physical suprised the other teams, and Markov's play been a factor playing with Nick. Considering how well Nick plays, Dani seems as though he has played with the Wings for a long time. Markov's play reminds me a lot of Vladdy's.

none the less all of our defensemen have been physical and technically sound for the most part, even Kyle Quincey.

Edited by WingNutt

I was going to make a post about this. There has been almost no mention of Markov from the media or even the fans. He's been great, IMO. The guy brings it in the playoffs. Hopefully we get to see him flatten Selanne at center ice next round.

I also forgot to mention, he is one more guy on the ice that will stick up for his teammates even though everyone has been doing that lately, just does to show how close this team really must be, a band of brothers.

Like when Zetterberg was pinned on the ice and Datsyuk was in the scrum and Homer grabbed I forget who the player was and started hitting him.

In would also agree that he has been great. His role and actions do not merit top media coverage among the likes of lids or the goal scorers, but nevertheless, hes been a force to be reckoned with, and his endurance of taking a painful hit and sucking it up and getting back out on the ice the very next shift has been phenomenal.

Guest Tunbo Batman

i dont think he's been a big factor, but now he's gonna have to be with that increased workload and everything.

I agree, he's solid and tough. I think the fact that no one says anything about him can be used as a testament to his stability. He doesn't make the big mistake to give him attention and he's not the most offensive player. He is just SOLID i know i said that about 10 times but it's the best word to describe him. I also think Lilja was good against SJ. He gave us the grit we needed.

I think it's a great complement to him that he hasn't really been noticed. I mean when your sharing alot of ice with Lids, your going to be playing second fiddle and rightly so. But to have gone this far in the playoffs, with the GAA being so low and strong D, your doing your job when your not noticed. He's not getting burned, not taking ill timed peanltys, playing good solid d on the PK. And he plays that scrappy in your face style that gets under opponents skin. I've also notice when he does pinch in it's smart, he's gotten a few oppertunitys and made the smart play to keep it deep in there zone. Him and Lilja defenitly go on my unsung hero's list.

Yes, Markov has been a factor in the playoffs so far, obviously not as much as Lidstrom, Chelios and Lija. But just his presence on the ice alone has been a factor, he is a big strong defense man who isn't afraid to drop the gloves or throw his weight around and crush people against the boards if necessary so people are less likely to start sh*t when he is on the ice with Zetts, Dats, Lids and even Homer who showed he can hold his own in the Sharks series :sly:

Like when Zetterberg was pinned on the ice and Datsyuk was in the scrum and Homer grabbed I forget who the player was and started hitting him.

Craig Rivet?

I agree Markov has been great in the playoffs, even bailed Lidstrom out a couple times :cool:

People have been commenting on Lilja because he's really improved in a crunch situation and hopefully he can keep it up. Markov has been stable and great and hopefully he'll be able to continue on this level given he'll probably get more minutes now...

Hes been good.

He isnt like Vladdy tho , Vladdy was amazing. Hit , fought , could make plays , could score , could dangle goalies liek Datsyuk. If he hadent gottten injured , he wouldve been one of the best defenceman in the NHL.

As you can see , i love Vladdy

Yeah, I wouldnt compare him to Vladdy either, but I love Markov's fire. He gets pissed off when people are taking it to his teammates, but he doesnt get out of control a la Jarome Iginla. Hes been a nice guy to have around. Solid.

Markov is a perfect trooper through and through plus he is a veteran who understands flow of the game and makes relatively safe plays (IMO)

However, Vladdy was a special player. he was a predetaor, warrior and top defenseman. We truly missed him.

He's been quietly consistent, physically tough, and defensively sound. Given that, I think he's been a great addition. I am also perplexed why the media & fans seem to mention him so little.

But, you can't really compare anyone on this team to Vladdy though.

Markov's play reminds me a lot of Vladdy's.

Dani's been great this playoff season, but he's not totally a Vladdy type. Vlad would get the other team so pissed off at him on a regular basis. He was the king of the discreet slash and the little elbow jab. He could really play too. I'm not trying to take anyhting away from him, Dani is a good defenseman and physical, but he's not as big an irritant as Vladdy was.

That being said, I think they look a lot alike too.

Markov is so underrated it's ridiculous. He's been phenomenal the second the puck dropped in the playoffs. He's made so many great defensive plays and has stuck up for this team like no other. He's a huge asset to this team no doubt.

Hes been good.

He isnt like Vladdy tho , Vladdy was amazing. Hit , fought , could make plays , could score , could dangle goalies liek Datsyuk.

Huh?

If he hadent gottten injured , he wouldve been one of the best defenceman in the NHL.

As you can see , i love Vladdy

Funny thing is, you give him credit for being Datsyuk-esque in his dangling (false) yet you fail to realize one simple fact.

Konstantinov could not have become one of the best defenseman in the league, considering he already was THE best defenseman in the league.