Photo
- - - - -

Calder

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

Another 4 mins last night? Either way something is wrong, if they don't want Rex in cause of his size lets get someone in who is healthy. Ellis could do a job or is Kopecky ready? I would have Rex, one half chance falling his way could be a game winner for us, still lets see how it pans out for game 2.

No scapegoat thread either, just genuine concern for a guy who's better than his current status. A full on Calder is what we all want.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#22 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

It's been posted several times on this thread already, and people are still saying "I think he's hurt", "there's something wrong", so I'll say it again in bold:

goal.gif goal.gif KYLE CALDER IS PLAYING WITH A BROKEN HAND goal.gif goal.gif
Hockeytown - No Limits

#23 Elshupacabra

Elshupacabra

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

I can only think of two possible reasons that Calder is playing like he is:

1. He is hurt, I can't imagine that a player would just stop doing all the things in the Playoffs that made him successful in the regular season for no reason, He has almost done a complete 180 in his effectiveness out there, that's a pretty drastic change and it may have cost him a roster spot next year.

2. The coaches, the only other reasonable explanation I could come up off the top of my head was the coaches told him something at the start of the Playoffs, something along the lines of "You've got to be more responsible defensively" and maybe he is trying to be more of a two-way player now and it just isn't very good at it.

Edit = Spelling

Edited by Elshupacabra, 12 May 2007 - 04:20 PM.

#24 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(Zion @ May 12, 2007 - 04:55PM) View Post
It's been posted several times on this thread already, and people are still saying "I think he's hurt", "there's something wrong", so I'll say it again in bold:

goal.gif goal.gif KYLE CALDER IS PLAYING WITH A BROKEN HAND goal.gif goal.gif

yeah it's a little hard to play with that condition. It makes sense. I'm sure we'll lock him up in the off-season.

Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!

#25 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

I dunno, I don't think he is such a great fit lately, even if he is playing hurt, he just hasn't seemed to mesh lately. I don't think he'll be back, I'd rather get Grigorenko in there next year.

#26 DreamsofHope

DreamsofHope

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Andy Pred 48 @ May 12, 2007 - 04:49PM) View Post

Another 4 mins last night? Either way something is wrong, if they don't want Rex in cause of his size lets get someone in who is healthy. Ellis could do a job or is Kopecky ready? I would have Rex, one half chance falling his way could be a game winner for us, still lets see how it pans out for game 2.

No scapegoat thread either, just genuine concern for a guy who's better than his current status. A full on Calder is what we all want.

Until we lose a game, I have no problem with our lineup. Why change a winning lineup no matter what???

#27 Draper_Rocks#33

Draper_Rocks#33

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

Im pretty sure Dom has his hand wraped most games... i remember seeing it during the season!

#28 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

He's hurt. It's obvious. Of course, half our team is hurt right now, and we need some of them to play through it as well as they can, because the more games they get in, hopefully, the more they'll get their games back.
Hail Jaytan!