• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Why no NBC broadcasts this weekend?

Rate this topic

Anybody know why NBC, at least for now, isn't broadcasting the Conference Finals on Saturday and Sunday? Just being a curious doof.

As long as it is on TV, I could care less if it is on NBC or VS, I don't care about particular broadcasters, etc. I just want to see the game. ;)

Actually, it's probably better that game 2 isn't on TV until Sunday evening as I am part of hosting a crawfish boil at my house for Mother's Day in the afternoon. Can probably watch the game and not play host as much during the evening with most of the crowd leaving in all likelihood. :cool:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Yes, nbc is locked into the golf this weekend.. (players Championship)

anyways, I dont like nbc, they were going to cut the wings game and go to the Derby last weekend if it had to go into OT..

GO WINGS!!!!!

Anybody know why NBC, at least for now, isn't broadcasting the Conference Finals on Saturday and Sunday? Just being a curious doof.

As long as it is on TV, I could care less if it is on NBC or VS, I don't care about particular broadcasters, etc. I just want to see the game. ;)

Actually, it's probably better that game 2 isn't on TV until Sunday evening as I am part of hosting a crawfish boil at my house for Mother's Day in the afternoon. Can probably watch the game and not play host as much during the evening with most of the crowd leaving in all likelihood. :cool:

Edited by Rwcrazy

I'm suprised they chose this coming weekend to not play any games, considering last weekend was the Kentucky Derby and all that. I'm not seeing any big event on NBC this weekend either, so it makes me wonder also.

Yes, nbc is locked into the golf this weekend.. (players Championship)

Ah, that makes sense even though we as hockey fans might not agree with it or want it to happen.

A lot of golf broadcasts are 4 - 5 hours long I think, and they'd start around 1, 2, or 3:00 normally to get as much action in before sunset. Not really logical to play a hockey game at 11:00am ET for TV purposes, just too taxing on players and for fans out west.

Plus, the The Players Championship is one of the better tourneys of the year and TPC at Sawgrass is an insanely awesome course.

Again, I wish this wasn't the case and it would be nice for hockey to be on NBC this weekend, but I understand where NBC is coming from in this scenario.

Is there a more mellow or understanding member of this universe than SWF? Serious question! :P

For the most part I consider myself understanding/mellow both on here and in 3-d land, but I definitely have my moments where/when you don't want to talk to me, and you've seen me have some moments on here as well. :lol:

3-D land bad SWF moments...

Calling me on the phone just to 'talk' and tying me up for like 20 minutes. I appreciate the call, but I'm not a phone talker and got othrer things to do. You want to talk to me, come to my house or let's grab lunch or a drink somewhere.

Almost anytime when I am driving with idiot drivers.

Technology not working at the office when it (or at least when I think it) should.

Making me get up over and over again when I am comfortable on my chair or sofa.

That's about it more/less, don't want to get the thread sidetracked. ;)