• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TK19

Wings thought about moving?

Rate this topic

This may be a stupid question, but i read over on another board that the Wings considered moving to Nashville some years back apparently. Is this true? Cause ive been following the Wings for god knows how many years now and i never once heard this.

For whatever its worth i did read this over on a Braves message board, so that could be why lol. But when i did read it i was kinda baffled.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Trust me dude. I can say with a 100% certainty. The Wings were never moving to Nashville.

Trust me dude. I can say with a 100% certainty. The Wings were never moving to Nashville.

Oh i trust you, this just got me curious cause i never heard anything about it. Not even a murmor and i live in Toledo.

Main Entry: never

Part of Speech: adverb

Definition: not at any time

Synonyms: forget it, mañana, nevermore, no way*, not ever, tomorrow

Somebody was pullin' some s*** right outta their ass. Someone who doesn't have the first idea what they're talking about. Ilitch, move? He's too firmly entrenched in Detroit. He's busy making the small independent nation of Ilitchania centered right there on the Fox Theatre and moving the Wings wouldn't exactly fit into that plan.

Years ago there was some rumor about the Wings moving out to the suburbs but they got the Joe so all is well. I was pretty young then so I don't remember the specifics of the rumor, as in just how true/serious it was.

But AFAICR, the Wings were never going to leave the Detroit area.

I heard an old quote that went something like "The internet is a lot like a bathroom wall, anyone can write on it and it's mostly all bulls***." This exemplifies just that, I cannot even tell you how often some people will just make crap up for the sake of sounding smart.

Guest Crymson

This may be a stupid question, but i read over on another board that the Wings considered moving to Nashville some years back apparently. Is this true? Cause ive been following the Wings for god knows how many years now and i never once heard this.

For whatever its worth i did read this over on a Braves message board, so that could be why lol. But when i did read it i was kinda baffled.

I doubt that one of the most financially successful franchises in all of sports would consider moving, especially to a town that doesn't give a damn about hockey.

Guest Tunbo Batman

maybe relocate the maple leafs to mexico while we're at it.

There was an April fools joke on the Radio back in '01 or so that the Wings were moving to Windor... created quite a stir on the airwaves.