• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

When the Sharks and Kings aren't playing, then the Ducks have fans

Rate this topic

I got family in San Diego. Spent 3 summers their in fact. So I have kept in touch with quite a few of my boys out there. And the story I keep getting, during the regular season no one gives a rats ass about the ducks. But when the Kings are done and the Sharks are done, THEN the Ducks finally have support. Of course Im not talking about every single Ducks fan. But for the most part alot of these "ducks fans" are just secondary fans from LA and SJ just rooting for the Cali team. :lol::lol: So I don't wanna hear about us not selling out games when we have the best NBA, MLB, and NHL teams. Lions suck, but still. With them its Ducks or Angels or nothing. As for most of their fans, when next regular season starts, they will all go back to watching their teams and giving a s*** less about the ducks. But please, keep bragging about WCFs appearences and we'll just stick to talking about 4 Stanley Cups in 10 years, and about how Lidstrom will be strolling along with yet ANOTHER Norris Trophy. Sorry Scotty boy, sorry Pronger, you're good, just not LIDSTROM good. :clap: I wouldn't be suprised if most the ducks fans posting here are just Kings or Sharks fans bored cause their teams arent playing anymore.

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

I think you are lowering yourself to the level of people you criticize. for what reason?

Nah Im just stating what I heard from multiple friends from Cali, Who are all big hockey fans(all of them being Kings fans). None of them switch over to the Ducks. They are true fans. All I know is, if you have a Kings, Sharks and Ducks jersey, you are a laughing stock.

And now that Im hearing thats how it is, I think its even funnier that they are trying to knock us for not selling out so far.

So of course Im gonna start the thread. Not lowering, just fact giving.lol

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

1. I'm fairly new to LA, before moving here, I saw all my NHL games at JLA, barring a couple Wings games at Nationwide.

2. I've now gone to 4 Wings-Kings games at Staples Center and 3 games at the Pond.

-for the games at the pond, 2 were regular season against the Wings and the other was last year's game 3 of the 2nd round against the Avs....

3. No atmosphere out here, at either rink, compares to JLA. Kings games were fun and I'd compare the fans to Blue Jackets fans... not bad, fairly loud and fun - definitely a good time. But the Ducks games, HOLY CRAP... BORINGGGGG! the Ducks fans at the Pond were terrible, sounded like the place was 1/4th full when it was actually nearly sold out. We complain about JLA being quiet, try going to a Ducks game. I'm not saying this to troll at all but the Pond was always sooooo freaking quiet. It seriously felt like Disneyland with no Mickey Mouse... tons of familiies with nothing to cheer about.

4. But at the Avs game, they DID have something to cheer about. The ducks were up 2-0 in the series, and to go up 3-0 would surely mean moving on to the Western Conf. Finals. My friend and I got there 2 hours before the game (my friend is an Avs fan but not everybody's perfect) and we tailgated... parking lot was EMPTY except for a few big SUVs carrying groups of Avs fans. No ducks fans in site! finally, we're in the arena, top row at center ice. Ducks come onto the ice, lights flashing, horns blaring... what are the fans doing? majority is sitting down, twittling their thumbs. My Wings were just eliminated but I'm at a FREAKIN PLAYOFF GAME, so I'm standing up screaming my head off (because hockey, in general, freaking rules). I was literally screaming at everyone around me to get up and cheer, people looked at me like i was a crazy person.

Final Thought: i AM a crazy person, just ask Bucci, all hockey fans are nuts, and that's what makes the sport so great... it's nice to be a die hard hockey fan. Wings in 5, Wings FANS in 4... Ducks fans shouldn't have made the playoffs.

(I do know this, there HAVE TO BE some great Ducks fans out there... but whoever you are, you're one of a select few).

(I do know this, there HAVE TO BE some great Ducks fans out there... but whoever you are, you're one of a select few).

Ain't that the truth....

Even though you are stooping down to their level in some senses, I do agree with everything you say. And I really don't mind your posts either, since these Ducks fans haven't exactly been the classiest of people since they've come here anyways (In fact, their just being plain assholes).

Even though you are stooping down to their level in some senses, I do agree with everything you say. And I really don't mind your posts either, since these Ducks fans haven't exactly been the classiest of people since they've come here anyways (In fact, their just being plain assholes).

Thanks bro. Atleast some people see why I blew my lid on these chumps. And with no one else giving it back, its almost impossible to not step in and give it right back. :thumbup:

:rolleyes: We have 17,174+ fans during the regular season, none of which are SJ or LA fans. It's an un-written rule that you don't cheer for each others teams. And people in Anaheim don't really tailgate. We all go down to Carl's Jr. or Panda Express before the games. And a lot of the fans have to get through all that traffic after they get off work. It isn't easy.

I don't think you're being quite fair. Anaheim isn't going to be as loud as Detroit. We have the Angels a block away from here, so they get a lot of attention. We are loud occassionally. Be patient, some of our fans can't cheer and watch the game at the same time :lol::P

I got family in San Diego. Spent 3 summers their in fact. So I have kept in touch with quite a few of my boys out there. And the story I keep getting, during the regular season no one gives a rats ass about the ducks. But when the Kings are done and the Sharks are done, THEN the Ducks finally have support. Of course Im not talking about every single Ducks fan. But for the most part alot of these "ducks fans" are just secondary fans from LA and SJ just rooting for the Cali team. :lol::lol: So I don't wanna hear about us not selling out games when we have the best NBA, MLB, and NHL teams. Lions suck, but still. With them its Ducks or Angels or nothing. As for most of their fans, when next regular season starts, they will all go back to watching their teams and giving a s*** less about the ducks. But please, keep bragging about WCFs appearences and we'll just stick to talking about 4 Stanley Cups in 10 years, and about how Lidstrom will be strolling along with yet ANOTHER Norris Trophy. Sorry Scotty boy, sorry Pronger, you're good, just not LIDSTROM good. :clap: I wouldn't be suprised if most the ducks fans posting here are just Kings or Sharks fans bored cause their teams arent playing anymore.

come on guy the ducks have support.....dont let ur family from SD which isnt even close to OC LA or SJ fill u in on false info....the best MLB TEAM? come on...this whole post is a joke and i dont like getting into it but for some reason when i hear things like this about duck fans it gets to me....

:rolleyes: We have 17,174+ fans during the regular season, none of which are SJ or LA fans. It's an un-written rule that you don't cheer for each others teams. And people in Anaheim don't really tailgate. We all go down to Carl's Jr. or Panda Express before the games. And a lot of the fans have to get through all that traffic after they get off work. It isn't easy.

I don't think you're being quite fair. Anaheim isn't going to be as loud as Detroit. We have the Angels a block away from here, so they get a lot of attention. We are loud occassionally. Be patient, some of our fans can't cheer and watch the game at the same time :lol::P

Duckette it's good to see you over here as well. I don't really take the kind of posts too seriously because they are a couple thousand miles removed and this guy is getting his information from queens fans so of course they are going to say bad things about us.

Our crowd has moments when they get loud and sometimes they just sit there but that is all that a lot of people know how to do. A lot of people are just being converted to hockey and are used to sitting at Angels game that are much slower and don't involve the crowd as much as hockey does. Give the fans time and they will be loud and they know how to be loud in certain situations as well.

Why compare Anaheim to Detroit? It's just a waste of breath. No one would say the Ponda is louder than JLA.

You win the award for being the first (I think) polite Ducks fan here. And no, it's not just because you're a girl. :lol:

You win the award for being the first (I think) polite Ducks fan here. And no, it's not just because you're a girl. :lol:

Why thank you! I'm trying to be a good example and prove that not all Ducks fans are jerks :P

No self respecting Shark fan would switch alliances to a So Cal team.

The rest sounds about right though.

A hah! So, the reason for your hatred of everything SoCal is revealed. Don't be bitter, at least you didn't have to lose to Pronger again ;)

A hah! So, the reason for your hatred of everything SoCal is revealed. Don't be bitter, at least you didn't have to lose to Pronger again ;)

Uhhh.... I think my avatar pretty much would have given that away. LOL.

And, for the record... I love everything So Cal. San Diego is the greatest city in America... hands down.

I have no use for hate.

Oh, and as for Pronger, wasn't too worried... the Sharks have knocked his team out of the post season twice, and have been knocked out by his teams twice... but I wouldn't expect a So Cal sports fan to know that.

Edited by skull

in the niciest way possible thats the farthest from the truth

NO KINGS OR SHARKS fans will ever be ducks fans

SJ is 8 hours away from OC and not even the same envirnoment at all

thats like saying DET fans are pens fans when they get eliminated

But i will give that they are a decent fanbase but in socal its ALL ABOUT WINNING

nothing else matters

there are very few loyal fans ( like me :) )

No one would say the Ponda is louder than JLA.

Um, I haven't ever been to the "Ponda", but I was at about 8 Wings games this year @ the Joe, and believe me, I BET you it was louder out there. Hopefully the WCF are different, but the atmosphere at the Joe this year was really lacking.

Um, I haven't ever been to the "Ponda", but I was at about 8 Wings games this year @ the Joe, and believe me, I BET you it was louder out there. Hopefully the WCF are different, but the atmosphere at the Joe this year was really lacking.

Well then I will say in year's past.

Going to the many exciting matches against Columbus are we? :hehe:

I will be pissed if the Wings fans at Honda Center will be louder than us for game 3! As for me, I tend to lose my voice at every game, because I really get into it. That's what I love about the sport of hockey, and I get dissapointed when fans don't cheer on their team. I just love when I hear fans get all into the game (i.e. Buffalo's fans), and are unrelenting in making noise. With the exception of the Los Angeles Lakers, it is often difficult to witness fans go all out at most sporting events. This does exclude our games with major rivals: Los Angeles and San Jose.

I'm also bummed that the Detroit GM does not lower the price of tickets at the JLA. I love the concept of blue-collar workers, who strongly represent the heart of American labor, slaving away to generate income, but then going to a Red Wings game after to passionately display their emotions for their team, letting loose after toiling away at a factory. I'm a poltical science major, and I always try applying concepts of sociology when I talk about sports fans, but it is a bummer that all fans do not go all out.

Just my .02 cents.

With the way things are going here in Michigan, the blue-collar worker that you are romanticizing is a thing of the past.

Ironic that the Motor City is playing against a team that has a foreign automaker as their arena sponsor.

I will be pissed if the Wings fans at Honda Center will be louder than us for game 3! As for me, I tend to lose my voice at every game, because I really get into it.

Well, I'll be at game 3 as well, so i'll be able to off-set your sreaming for the Wings. haha.

And, for the record... I love everything So Cal. San Diego is the greatest city in America... hands down.

AMEN! I'm from San Diego. Best city ever.

Oh, and as for Pronger, wasn't too worried... the Sharks have knocked his team out of the post season twice, and have been knocked out by his teams twice... but I wouldn't expect a So Cal sports fan to know that.

Oh, this is going to be fun! I hope you stick around. This banter is quite entertaining. But, I wouldn't expect a NoCal sports fan to be able to keep up for too long ;)