• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wing Nut

Why are the Duck fans / press so cocky?

Rate this topic

According to my sources, Detroit has yet to have capacity crowds for this post season.

I have no idea how you act. But, the media, as far as I can tell, acts much like the stereotypical SoCal sports fan.

Are you the stereotypical So Cal sports fan?

I don't know, because I don't know what is thought of as the 'stereotypical SoCal sports fan'. SoCal gets stereotped for everything, I have trouble remembering all of them.

my, my, my... that's an awfully big brush you have there.

Me and Louie we're gunna run to the party and dance till the rhythm it gets harder...

I don't know, because I don't know what is thought of as the 'stereotypical SoCal sports fan'.

I don't believe that.

Edited by skull

I don't believe that.

Ok, don't then. The only SoCal teams I like are the Ducks and Padres, so IDK what you're going to stereotype me as. There are several stereotypes, and like I said, I lose track of them all, and quite frankly, I don't care. I'm not cocky, if that's what you're insinuating.

I don't care. I'm not cocky, if that's what you're insinuating.

If you don't care, then why did you ask.

And, no, I'm not insinuating anything about you specifically... I was insinuating something about the fickle SoCal sports press.

If you don't care, then why did you ask.

And, no, I'm not insinuating anything about you specifically... I was insinuating something about the fickle SoCal sports press.

Well, of course the press is going to be fickle. They have too many teams to cover, but the sports fans aren't. I assure you. The teams are smushed so closely together, no one wants to root for the other's team.

Ok. Have fun basing your opinions on a couple of Kings and Clippers fans.

See... at least when I stereotype, I admit it. But, I guess it's ok when you do it.

I live in So Cal. Have for decades. Been to games at the Forum, Dodger Stadium, Staples, The Pond, whatever the hell the Ahaheim Angels of Los Angels of Ahaheim cal their stadium now, Jack Murphy, the new Padres stadium, the LA Helliseum... all of them.

I associate with 100's of So Cal sports fans... many which openly admit what I am talking about.

Of course not all So Cal sports fans are completely fickle... just the vast vast majority of them. Just like the press.

Edited by skull

i dont think the fans and press are cocky...confident would be a better word...if u were a ducks fan and watched all the ducks game this year im sure you would be pretty confident about your team....

if u were a ducks fan and watched all the ducks game this year im sure you would be pretty confident about your team....

if u were a ducks fan and watched all the ducks game this year im sure you would be pretty much one of a very small group....

i dont doubt that...its sad...

Thank you.

See duckette... this is what I am talking about. Roberto Who? seems to be realistic about the state of sports fannery in So Cal. It's not an insult to you... it's just the way it is.

Look, I am an A's fan... and we take heat all the time becuase, although they are constatnly in contention for the AL West, they can barely sell tickets to the game. (you OC fans know what I mean)

I don't deny that's the case. I can see the facts. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

So Cal does not have legions of great sports fans. That being said, it makes those true fans, like yourself and Roberto Who?, that much more interesting. To be a hardcore sports fan in So Cal takes serious dedication.

Thank you.

See duckette... this is what I am talking about. Roberto Who? seems to be realistic about the state of sports fannery in So Cal. It's not an insult to you... it's just the way it is.

Look, I am an A's fan... and we take heat all the time becuase, although they are constatnly in contention for the AL West, they can barely sell tickets to the game. (you OC fans know what I mean)

I don't deny that's the case. I can see the facts. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

So Cal does not have legions of great sports fans. That being said, it makes those true fans, like yourself and Roberto Who?, that much more interesting. To be a hardcore sports fan in So Cal takes serious dedication.

there are definetly a good amount of angel fans since 2002 but mostly bandwagoners....the ducks wont see a huge fan base till they win the cup im sure....

i dont think the fans and press are cocky...confident would be a better word...if u were a ducks fan and watched all the ducks game this year im sure you would be pretty confident about your team....

Well us Wings fans saw our team dominate in the season and so far in the playoffs after constantly being told that they were too old, slow, and soft. That they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Look what they've done all year long and how amazing they've played, but you don't see us flaunting about it in a rude manner, warning, and stating that the opposing team sucks and doesn't have a chance.

There are maybe two of you on here so far that have been cool. Yourself, and Duckette. The rest of the Anaheim fans have been nothing but ignorant, and unbelievably classless. The first two rounds we had the Flames and Sharks fans on here and while there will always be trolls, at least they gave the Wings credit where it was due and at least they didn't come on here parading about how their team was going to whoop the Wings.

It's perfectly fine to be confident in your team. Everyone should be that way with their favorites. On the other hand it's rude for some to come on here and filter the boards with crap such as "Ducks in 3" "Wings suck" "Wings have no chance" "Ducks are bigger, tougher, stronger." etc..

I just think it'd be great if opposing fans that join this great board would come in here with a little respect. It's all about class, something Anaheim fans completely lack.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Well us Wings fans saw our team dominate in the season and so far in the playoffs after constantly being told that they were too old, slow, and soft. That they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Look what they've done all year long and how amazing they've played, but you don't see us flaunting about it in a rude manner, warning, and stating that the opposing team sucks and doesn't have a chance.

There are maybe two of you on here so far that have been cool. Yourself, and Duckette. The rest of the Anaheim fans have been nothing but ignorant, and unbelievably classless. The first two rounds we had the Flames and Sharks fans on here and while there will always be trolls, at least they gave the Wings credit where it was due and at least they didn't come on here parading about how their team was going to whoop the Wings.

It's perfectly fine to be confident in your team. Everyone should be that way with their favorites. On the other hand it's rude for some to come on here and filter the boards with crap such as "Ducks in 3" "Wings suck" "Wings have no chance" "Ducks are bigger, tougher, stronger." etc..

I just think it'd be great if opposing fans that join this great board would come in here with a little respect. It's all about class, something Anaheim fans completely lack.

usually the die hard fans are the more respectable ones...its the bandwagoners who jsut like to cause trouble who are r trolls and jackasses...

You really need to ask this question? There from LA!!!!! Haven't you ever meet anyone from Hollywood? They all think that they are super special because they are a gopher for a gopher for a gopher to a 2nd or 3rd line celebrity. THis is why they are all cocky. So Cal Brah :blink:

wow no offense but you are clueless about southern california. period. LA is an hour north of Anaheim and is completely a different environment then Orange County. That's like comparing Detroit to Toledo, Ohio And you are thinking more of Beverly Hills area then LA. And we are not all cocky down here. We know alot about hockey but i will admit we don't have the best fanbase. most are bandwagoners but DO NOT listen to LA newspapers about the ducks because they don't know anything about hockey muchless the ducks

Just a question. We're not supposed to pay any attention to what the press says about Cali, yet you're okay getting all your information about Detroit from the press? Double standard much?

What's good for the goose........

Just a question. We're not supposed to pay any attention to what the press says about Cali, yet you're okay getting all your information about Detroit from the press? Double standard much?

who r u talkin about???

im sorry but wtf are you talking about?

i havent gotten anything from Det. press at all!

i couldnt even tell you what you any Det. papers are.

first off if you are talking about anyone of disney.com.com then you can not count them as real ducks fans. they are pathetic excuses for fans. How can you guys even take a forum serious that has F*** the Wings as one of the topics.

DISCLAIMER* To all Red Wings fans DO NOT view disney.com.com fans as true Ducks fans. They are nearly bandwagon fnas that talk S*** and cant back up anything with true facts. I apologize ahead of time for any ridiculous comments and excessive trash talking.

thanks

-tim

first off if you are talking about anyone of disney.com.com then you can not count them as real ducks fans. they are pathetic excuses for fans. How can you guys even take a forum serious that has F*** the Wings as one of the topics.

DISCLAIMER* To all Red Wings fans DO NOT view disney.com.com fans as true Ducks fans. They are nearly bandwagon fnas that talk S*** and cant back up anything with true facts. I apologize ahead of time for any ridiculous comments and excessive trash talking.

thanks

-tim

Well I have no idea if some of the people off that site are the ones on this board? If so, then no I don't take them seriously. I'm just sick of the classless posts.

well.. looks like all the kids left/banned by now

oh man, I thought having a game on Friday was good because it meant more rest to our team. but now it is killing me.

I think Im gonna start watching Sabre/Sens game tomorrow.

thanks

-tim

Disclaimer accepted, and I'm glad someone is looking out for bandwagoners, here today and gone tomorrow SoCal jackasses!! Hey I live in SoCal.....eeehhaaww! Whoops! I'm originally from Detroit so I guess I can repent.

GO! Mighty Red Wings!! Go!

well.. looks like all the kids left/banned by now

oh man, I thought having a game on Friday was good because it meant more rest to our team. but now it is killing me.

I think Im gonna start watching Sabre/Sens game tomorrow.

i am definetly lookin forward to tomorrow