• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wing Nut

Why are the Duck fans / press so cocky?

Rate this topic

What have they done? They made it to the conference title series, so did the Wings. They have a good team, so do the Wings. I don't understand the lack of respect the Duck fans and press are showing the Wings. If we are so slow and old why are we still playing while other teams are at home? Did they dominate us in the regular season? I think we split, right? So why now are they sooo much better than the Wings? I don't get it. I think they are very good but I'm not ready to give up. Here is an article from the LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/d...2&cset=true

Edited by Wing Nut

I guess we should just quit now. Two more days until the actions speak for themselves.

28 game sellout streak, talk to me when that streak gets closer to a decade.

Edited by WingsZR2

What have they done? They made it to the conference title series, so did the Wings. They have a good team, so do the Wings. I don't understand the lack of respect the Duck fans and press are showing the Wings. If we are so slow and old why are we still playing while other teams are at home? Did they dominate us in the regular season? I think we split, right? So why now are they sooo much better than the Wings? I don't get it. I think they are very good but I'm not ready to give up. Here is an article from the LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/d...2&cset=true

Fans are fans. There are a lot of Anaheim fans who are going into this series a little anxious. We all know that Detroit is a tough team, with a lot of depth throughout their team. Unfortunately, for you guys, you've suffered some injuries on the back end which has hurt your depth on the blue line. That being said, you still have Lidstrom and Hasek, and it's really difficult to underrate the contributions they can bring to a team. More than that, and probably most important to us, some of us realize that Anaheim didn't play their best against Vancouver. Game 1 and 5 were exceptions, but I truly believe that if Anaheim doesn't bring their A game they will not make it out of this series. We, and I, believe that if Anaheim brings their A game, they will win. We have a tremendous amount of faith in your team, and can you blame us? This has been, unquestionably, the best Anaheim Ducks team to ever take the ice. They started the season as a contender, and nothing they did in the regular season suggests that this belief is unjustified. With the exception of the span of time where we got hit really hard with injuries, losing Pronger, Giguere, Marchant, Beauchemin, and having to play Niedermayer on a fractured foot, this team was one of the best all season long. A lot of us are proud of that fact. People may laugh at the name, and the team's past roots, but the actual team itself is among the best in the league.

There are always going to be obnoxious kids who are over-confident and cocky, and in some ways disgustingly so. They exist in every fanbase. In Anaheim's case, you might find a few more than usual, simply because there just aren't as many hockey fanatics in the area as you'll find in Michigan. So you wind up with bandwagon fans. Don't look down on the fanbase as a whole because of this. There are a lot of very passionate and very knowledgable fans in Southern California who love the sport, and the team. They just don't have quite the numbers that, say, Detroit has.

You really need to ask this question? There from LA!!!!! Haven't you ever meet anyone from Hollywood? They all think that they are super special because they are a gopher for a gopher for a gopher to a 2nd or 3rd line celebrity. THis is why they are all cocky. So Cal Brah :blink:

You really need to ask this question? There from LA!!!!! Haven't you ever meet anyone from Hollywood? They all think that they are super special because they are a gopher for a gopher for a gopher to a 2nd or 3rd line celebrity. THis is why they are all cocky. So Cal Brah :blink:

Anaheim and Los Angeles are very different places. From the people, to the atmosphere, to the attitude... it's a night and day difference.

SoCal media is really starting to act like SoCal fans. Cheer for whichever team is doing the best at the current moment and claim they are the greatest ever. Then forget about them when they are mediocre. Out there you become fans of whatver team is winning because its "cool" to do so.

*Note* Yes I know not all SoCal fans are like this. There are some good one but there many more bandwagoners.

maybe there a bit insecure. Always gotta talk about how great there team is and how weak the Wings are. Trying to trick thereselves into having some confidence? If not even better, setting themselves up for a huge disappointment, and I have no sympathy for fans like that when there sent home teary eyed.

Hey, I live in LA and am a diehard Wings fan. So watch who you're bashing, Bub. Not to mention, most hockey fans who live in Los Angeles (not Anaheim) want to see the Ducks lose, because they can't bear the thought of the Ducks winning the Cup before the Kings.

LA and Anaheim/Orange County are two different areas. LA has the Kings and they have all been golfing for about a month. That's like saying New York is New York when discussing the Sabres and Rags.

It just amuses me that you could swap teams and players names in these things, and it sounds the same every time. The Flames and Sharks all had the same thing to say......

Be physical.

Wear them down.

Don't be lured into puck-possession.

Wings are old.

Wings are slow.

Wings are soft.

Blah, blah, blah.

We'll see if it works any better for them than the last two opponents, both of which are now getting tee times reserved.

It just amuses me that you could swap teams and players names in these things, and it sounds the same every time. The Flames and Sharks all had the same thing to say......

Be physical.

Wear them down.

Don't be lured into puck-possession.

Wings are old.

Wings are slow.

Wings are soft.

Blah, blah, blah.

We'll see if it works any better for them than the last two opponents, both of which are now getting tee times reserved.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. SJ had their best season in franchise history as well, but they weren't better than Detroit. Detroit still finished higher than Anaheim despite the fact that this is 'anaheim's best team ever'. We'll see in a week or two.

name a town that doesn't have bandwaggoners and overly cocky fans? name a town that doesn't have a newspaper that doesn't try to boost their sales by writing fluff articles on the hot local sports team.

everyone knows that this is going to be a great series. simply ignore anyone who says otherwise.

Guest AwsumDucks

Ducks in FIVE. I thought that San Jose would get by the Wings but they stunk up the place. I was very unimpressed with both the Sharks and the Wings. Wings will have to play much better than they did in the San Jose series to get by the Ducks. Ducks are younger, faster, more physical and deeper. When they play 3 solid periods they can't be beat. I truly believe that your team is in for a shock. May the best team win!

FYI: The Ducks owned the Sharks in the regular season and Ducks only lost 1-0 to Detroit and 2-1 (1 1/2 hour delay for Yzerman pre-game ceremonies and critical injuries to team...I believe Pronger was out) in regular season. Our two wins over Detroit were convincing.

I'm warning you...the Ducks are very good and most hockey experts have them beating the Wings. Just don't put too much stock in the San Jose series...they blew it and Detroit looked flat much of that series. Wings will have to step it up to have a chance.

I'm warning you...the Ducks are very good and most hockey experts have them beating the Wings. Just don't put too much stock in the San Jose series...they blew it and Detroit looked flat much of that series. Wings will have to step it up to have a chance.

No need to warn, I'm sure most people know the Ducks are a very good team, but really - does all these experts opinions really matter? It's moot really, I mean most experts also picked the Sharks in 5 or 6 in our last series. I'm not sure exactly how the Wings looked flat as you say, after facing so much adversity yet responding. Sure I think there were times where we needed to get off to better starts in games and we obviously cannot afford to play poorly right off the bat against the Ducks.

What gets me though is that we are hearing the same criticism in this series that we did last series, but that criticism sure didn't translate in the result. I think the Ducks are the favorites myself, but I also know that anything can happen in the playoffs. Statistics don't matter much either, the playoffs are all about the intangibles.

It should be a good series. :)

Edited by aflac9262

Anaheim fans have every reason to be cocky. They were dominant this season, even competing with Buffalo and Detroit for the President's Trophy. If Pronger stayed healthy and they didn't hit that skid after the New Year, they may have won it.

They've breezed into the WCF, picking up right where they left off. I would be cocky, too.

I'm just proud of the Wings. They're off the Schneid (pardon the pun) and should give them a good series. Hopefully they can stay healthy and pull out a victory.

Ducks in FIVE. I thought that San Jose would get by the Wings but they stunk up the place. I was very unimpressed with both the Sharks and the Wings. Wings will have to play much better than they did in the San Jose series to get by the Ducks. Ducks are younger, faster, more physical and deeper. When they play 3 solid periods they can't be beat. I truly believe that your team is in for a shock. May the best team win!

FYI: The Ducks owned the Sharks in the regular season and Ducks only lost 1-0 to Detroit and 2-1 (1 1/2 hour delay for Yzerman pre-game ceremonies and critical injuries to team...I believe Pronger was out) in regular season. Our two wins over Detroit were convincing.

I'm warning you????

look we unlike alot of fans know when we are playing a good team. we don't sit in here like other teams fans and come up with stupid stuff as to why our team is the best and your team is no gonna win. most of the fans on this forum tell it like it is and thats that. we are all adults talking about an adult sport. none of this our team in 3 bulls***.

Ducks are younger, faster, more physical and deeper.

See, there it is again!

I'm warning you...the Ducks are very good and most hockey experts have them beating the Wings.

And again!

I'm warning you...the Sharks are very good and most hockey experts have them beating the Wings.

Look familiar?

Ducks only lost 1-0 to Detroit and 2-1 in regular season. Our two wins over Detroit were convincing.

Yet the series was still tied at 2 apiece. We'll see how it all works out in the end. The Ducks are a good team, and so are the Wings.

Anaheim fans have every reason to be cocky. They were dominant this season, even competing with Buffalo and Detroit for the President's Trophy. If Pronger stayed healthy and they didn't hit that skid after the New Year, they may have won it.

They've breezed into the WCF, picking up right where they left off. I would be cocky, too.

I'm just proud of the Wings. They're off the Schneid (pardon the pun) and should give them a good series. Hopefully they can stay healthy and pull out a victory.

There are a lot of "ifs" in your statement. If this if that. What have they done!! Nothing! They have zero cups, ever. They led the league in fighting majors, whoopy. San Jose beat up on us in the regular season. Did it translate in the playoffs, no. Who had the better record, the Wings. Who is the top seed, the Wings. Who has 10 cups, the Wings. I'm tired of hearing all this smack talk when they have nothing on their resume to back it up!

The biggest mistake the Ducks/their fans/media have made is being to cocky and arrogant. They are underestimating a team that can and has beat them. Its a big mistake and all the Wings have to do is destroy them in game 1 and it will change the Ducks/fans/media have said.

What have they done? They made it to the conference title series, so did the Wings. They have a good team, so do the Wings. I don't understand the lack of respect the Duck fans and press are showing the Wings. If we are so slow and old why are we still playing while other teams are at home?

They can be cocky because Game 1 hasn't started yet... they are still in this series :)

Wings are on a mission from God!

Go Wings!

Edited by OsGOD

I'm warning you????

look we unlike alot of fans know when we are playing a good team. we don't sit in here like other teams fans and come up with stupid stuff as to why our team is the best and your team is no gonna win. most of the fans on this forum tell it like it is and thats that. we are all adults talking about an adult sport. none of this our team in 3 bulls***.

Yeah, you tell that sucka. WINGS IN TWO!!!!!!

:lol:

The Calgary and San Jose media was the same way. The difference is that the Flames and Sharks had decent fans, while the Ducks fans that have came here in the last few days have been nothing but ******* pricks.

You can't even have a logical discussion with these people. They come on here and bring up the same old cliches about the Wings, and are total dicks in the process. Instead of actually discussing anything about the series at hand and give the Wings any chance at all, or at least just be decent about it in general, all they do is come on and say DUKS IN FIVE5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!1111

But yet, my comments will fall on deaf ears once again, and the Ducks fans will continue to be dickheads like they are now.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings