• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ttbrunke

Fans where are you

Rate this topic

$99 will get you Row 26 in the upper bowl (normally $22), the last row of the arena.... Thats so not a steal ;)

I am done going to games this post season... Out of state people bitching about our lack of attendance will have to pony up the money and attend a game before i dish out any more money to go!

NY shouldn't stop you from going (western new york moreso, you are even closer to us)... what is it a 2 hour flight? Tickets are available and waiting for you.

Edited by OsGOD

I live in Western NY so I am kind of out of the loop. If I were there I would definately want to go but what is keeping people away?

There was a thread about this in the first round, basic answer, poor economy, high ticket prices, other hometown sports copetition.

i am a die hard fan but when it comes to playoff tix i just cant afford them.and if they wanted the place to sell out they would lower them for us low incomers so we could get a chance at goin.so until they take there fans in consideration i personally will not be attending.i dont see dumping a ton of money to them when they barley give back anything at all,and with that said GO WINGS

There was a thread about this in the first round, basic answer, poor economy, high ticket prices, other hometown sports copetition.

There's actually a thread aobut it every round, but yeah, what you said.

1: The economy. It may be good across the country, but in Michigan, and especially southeast Michigan the economy is bad. If your choice is saving money for if/when you get laid off, or going to the game, it's not a hard decision.

2: Look at the Wings ticket prices.

3: The Tigers are doing great. The Pistons are also in the playoffs with cheaper seats.

I live in Western NY so I am kind of out of the loop. If I were there I would definately want to go but what is keeping people away?

We have Mr. Illitch to thank for taking the Red Wings away from their fans. Taking a family of 4 to "1" game will cost you at least $400 (cheap seats) or about $800 (decent seats) or $1500+ (good seats). That's for the Conference Final. If the Wings make it to the Stanley Cup Final prices double and I wouldn't be surprised if JLA is half empty.

3,000 season ticket holders turned down the playoff tickets because of the outrageous prices. If each of them had a minimum of 2 seats that leaves 6,000 tickets available for each game. That's almost one third the capacity of JLA. Believe me the true Red Wing fans want to be there!!! Give us a break.

Hockey in Detroit no longer supports the blue collar fans who have filled JLA for the past 20 years. It's all about money and greed. I hope, if the Wings do make it to the Finals that JLA is empty. Maybe, we should rename Joe Louis Arena to the Joe Louis Opera House!!!! Thanks Mike!!!!

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!

We have Mr. Illitch to thank for taking the Red Wings away from their fans. Taking a family of 4 to "1" game will cost you at least $400 (cheap seats) or about $800 (decent seats) or $1500+ (good seats). That's for the Conference Final. If the Wings make it to the Stanley Cup Final prices double and I wouldn't be surprised if JLA is half empty.

3,000 season ticket holders turned down the playoff tickets because of the outrageous prices. If each of them had a minimum of 2 seats that leaves 6,000 tickets available for each game. That's almost one third the capacity of JLA. Believe me the true Red Wing fans want to be there!!! Give us a break.

Double as in from what they are now, right? Our $54 season ticket seats are a cool 500% markup for the finals at $270 per ticket per game!

Not to mention the gas, the parking, the refreshments....

All is true but no more than other sports compition it is good to be a Detroit sports fan with THe Wings Tigers and Pistons and of coarse the laughing stock of the NFL are beloved Lions

You'd think ticket prices would have gone down, with the "new NHL" salary cap, as the Wings can't spend $70m anymore..

Seems that Mikey is pocketing some dough.

The new arena that will be coming in a few years isn't going to build itself for free.

Plus he's spending a lot more on the Tigers now.

You'd think ticket prices would have gone down, with the "new NHL" salary cap, as the Wings can't spend $70m anymore..

Seems that Mikey is pocketing some dough.

Are you familiar with the salary cap? We have to dish out a large chunk of change to our underperforming buddies out in Phoenix, Nashville, etc.

Double as in from what they are now, right? Our $54 season ticket seats are a cool 500% markup for the finals at $270 per ticket per game!

Not to mention the gas, the parking, the refreshments....

Went to ticketmaster today. I can get 6 seats "in a row" in the lower bowl for Game 1 Friday "row 5" for a cool $1,654.50. Not including gas, parking, refreshments- so about $1800 for the whole family- yikes!!!! For most "fans" I know that's about 10% of their total yearly income. Blah!!!

But, remember you do get a free white towel to wave at the game, or to cry on if they lose!!!

Go Wings!!!

A lot of people dont realize how (excuse my langugage, but) ******* insensitive this s*** is about how Detroit isnt selling out playoff games.

Dont even come in here bitching about how Wings fans arent loyal fans because they dont attend games. Given a choice between paying your bills and going to an overpriced hockey game where parking alone is $15, what would you do?

Do us all a favor and do a little research on current events. A little search on Google News will tell you all about Michigan's economy, so save us the trouble.

..and this isnt directed at the original poster, who seemed pretty polite, but the others who keep on bringing this up.

I don't think the local economy has as much to do with it as the $$$ they charge for the playoff tickets. My wife gives me enough grief about the cost of going to regular season games!

I love the Wings, I have ever since 1987, BUT I have only been to one game in the last two years, and I got those tickets FREE. I wish desperately that I could go, I have never been to a playoff game, but when doing so would put me a month behind on my mortgage? Umm no thanks. Instead I will be going to Tiger's game on the 22nd, because my son and I can go have fun, and do it for less than 50$

the nose-bleeder seats at the honda center also go for around $100, and they've been sold out even before the wings qualified for round 3. i'll probably be paying about $150-$200 per ticket within the next few days. the economy out here is probably doing better than in the detroit area, but the cost of living is a lot higher as well. that being said, i don't really buy into the high ticket prices and bad economy excuses i've been hearing.

WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Move the Wing to Quebec, they can't sell out playoff games!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone say whipped! Get some sack mister!

Is there something in the water out in Cali? Duck(s) fans seem a little... off... :crazy:

I am done going to games this post season... Out of state people bitching about our lack of attendance will have to pony up the money and attend a game before i dish out any more money to go!

I live in Nebraska now but made it back for Round 1, Game 5. I plan on being there for a SCF game, if we make it...but I'm not bitching about lack of attendance. I understand not being able to afford it.

There are a few factors, most of which have already been mentioned:

1) High prices. The price of playoff tickets is unreal. There is no way that the average fan can afford going to 1 game, let alone all of the playoff games. I can't afford the prices in the regular season, let alone the playoffs.

2) Michigan economy is in the crapper.

3) Other sports entertainment. The Tigers are doing great, the Pistons are dominating...the Wings aren't the only good team in town anymore.

4) Name recognition factor. Not long ago, we had a line-up featuring so many future hall-of-famers that you would think you were seeing an all-star game. I've had a few people tell me that they weren't into the Wings this year because it just isn't the same anymore. We were spoiled with the line-up that we put on the ice for a few years there, it is hard to get SOME people excited about a line-up that really doesn't feature the stars anymore. In 2002, fans paid to see a line-up that featured Yzerman, Shanny, Hull, Lidstrom, Hasek, Robitaille, Chelios, Feds....for name recognition, this line-up just doesn't stack up.

In the OC, really, ya think?

if you factor in the cost of living in southern california, the poor michigan economy is a wash (at best). what kind of house would $400K buy in michigan? in the "OC" that would buy you nothing.

Two tickets to the sdabres here will run you about 300 - 400 hundred for OK seats as well and everyone say that Buffalo is among the cheapest so I don't think it's too far off. Still I think it is expensive I have only been to 1 game so far.