• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#161 wingsfan979802

wingsfan979802

cheli fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:12 AM

although fans arn't at the game it doesn't mean that there arn't fans that still watch them. i went to one game and im lucky i was able to even do that. i am always home though cheering them on.
IPB Image
IPB Image
thanks offsides

#162 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(FUUFNF @ May 11, 2007 - 03:09AM) View Post

on the flip side, don't assume that just because people out here on the left coast can make a $5,000 mortgage that they have big fat salaries and/or living way above their means. for most people a $3,500 - $4,000 mortgage only buys them a decent 3-4 bedroom house in a decent neighborhood. a $450,000 house out here will put you in compton, and who in their right mind would want to raise a family out there? they pay this exorbanant amount of money for housing because they have to, not because they want to.

what i think it all boils down to is how much disposable income you have. and unforunately a high cost of living index doesn't leave much of it. naturally if your income is zero, there's no comparison. but, i would bet that those of you fortunate enough to be working in michigan probably have more disposable income than a lot of folks out here.

that being said, i do understand where you're coming from and the reality is that the michigan economy is really much worse than the rest of the nation is led to believe. and to factor that in with the success of the other detroit sports franchises, and the consequential erosion into the red wing fan base, it is the perfect catalyst for low attendence at the joe.

The point is not everyone needs a 450k house. And my cousin and her husband just recently purchased a 2 bedroom townhouse in Huntington Beach for around 220k. Its not huge, but its nice. And if she or her husband gave two s***s about hockey, theyd be able to go to a game if they wanted. Although they might have to sacrifice a weekend trip to Vegas or two. rolleyes.gif

FYI it took me about 2 seconds to find a house for 450k in Huntingon Beach (the area I know best in CA) on a real estate website.

Edited by YoungGuns1340, 11 May 2007 - 02:30 AM.

It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#163 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(FUUFNF @ May 11, 2007 - 03:09AM) View Post

on the flip side, don't assume that just because people out here on the left coast can make a $5,000 mortgage that they have big fat salaries and/or living way above their means. for most people a $3,500 - $4,000 mortgage only buys them a decent 3-4 bedroom house in a decent neighborhood. a $450,000 house out here will put you in compton, and who in their right mind would want to raise a family out there? they pay this exorbanant amount of money for housing because they have to, not because they want to.

I understand completely which is why I am not the one knocking the fans for not going to the games... The out of state people who really have no intention of actually going to games... just like to ***** that the seats are getting filled are the ones accusing us of lack of "wingness"... which is where I tend to want to step in. I would never denounce someone for not having enough disposable income to cover a 2-1/2 hour sporting event. The people who are formerly from michigan (obviously left for some reason and were damny lucky to) and the out of town people that are the ones bashing the citizens of Metro Detroit.

Got my 12pack of Molson, a front row seat on the couch and I am ready to go for tomorrow night.... Does that make me lesser of a fan because I am only 30miles from the "not sold out Joe" ... Some may say so, but frankly, I don't give a damn... I will be cheering the same as them.

Edited by OsGOD, 11 May 2007 - 09:43 AM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#164 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:56 AM

I got to go to R1 G2 with section 108 row 16 seats right on the red line .... cost was $270 for the pair of which a client of mine picked up the cost (the guy makes $120 and hour so he's looking for any expense he can find). My client also picked up tickets for CF G5 lower bowl 10th row in section 118 ... cost was $680 for three seats. I could never afford those tickets but from somebody who has usually had upper corner seats in the upper bowl, the difference is night and day when watching a live game. With the seats I had at round one you could see everything you would see on TV except for the replays.

I kind of wonder what those seats that I had for R1 would have gone for on Stubhub for a regular season game .... probably not too much less. Point is if you are not a season ticket holder with good seats, your either are going to deal with crappy seats for regular season games or pay a lot more for better seats on Ebay or Stubhub.

#165 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:09 AM

i should put my head down low! I can't even go watch the red wings, cannot get a vacation from work!!!

#166 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ May 11, 2007 - 12:27AM) View Post

The point is not everyone needs a 450k house. And my cousin and her husband just recently purchased a 2 bedroom townhouse in Huntington Beach for around 220k. Its not huge, but its nice. And if she or her husband gave two s***s about hockey, theyd be able to go to a game if they wanted. Although they might have to sacrifice a weekend trip to Vegas or two. rolleyes.gif

FYI it took me about 2 seconds to find a house for 450k in Huntingon Beach (the area I know best in CA) on a real estate website.

properties for 220k in huntington beach are few and far between. probably a 1br condo, or a distressed sale, or a forclosure?

is it possible to find a cheap place in a decent area? sure, but unlikely.

Edited by FUUFNF, 11 May 2007 - 05:23 AM.

#167 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:35 AM

Honestly though. If you guys can afford a $4000 - $6000 mortgage...even with adjusted salaries and such...then I can only conclude $100 worth of tickets are relatively A LOT cheaper in Cali than $100 worth of tickets in Detroit.

Posted Image

#168 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:40 AM

and obviously condos are much cheaper than actual SFRs. i believe the median house price in HB is still in the high 500k range.

Edited by FUUFNF, 11 May 2007 - 05:50 AM.

#169 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:09 AM

i live in vancouver canada a decent house here is 850-950k!!! the average wage here is 13.50 an hr. its a joke! in my neighbourhood houses go 4.5+! by the way T.B lived 3 blocks away from me

#170 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(Vladiator @ May 11, 2007 - 04:56AM) View Post

I kind of wonder what those seats that I had for R1 would have gone for on Stubhub for a regular season game .... probably not too much less. Point is if you are not a season ticket holder with good seats, your either are going to deal with crappy seats for regular season games or pay a lot more for better seats on Ebay or Stubhub.

They are right around $100 a seat up close... actually the ones you were in R16 (i believe) would be somewhere around $75. The upper first 12 have been $54 and then Rows 13-21 are $44 and then R22-26 are $22

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ May 11, 2007 - 05:09AM) View Post

i should put my head down low! I can't even go watch the red wings, cannot get a vacation from work!!!

I would kill to be able to work that much at one job. I was living the high life when our company had OT... I am just praying that day will come again real soon!

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ May 11, 2007 - 07:09AM) View Post

i live in vancouver canada a decent house here is 850-950k!!! the average wage here is 13.50 an hr. its a joke! in my neighbourhood houses go 4.5+! by the way T.B lived 3 blocks away from me

WOW, that is pretty damn good P/T per hour price... Good luck finding a decent p/t job anywhere around here for more than $10/hr.

Edited by OsGOD, 11 May 2007 - 10:51 AM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#171 Mickeyisms Rule!

Mickeyisms Rule!

Baboon for Enforcer

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ May 11, 2007 - 07:09AM) View Post

Living with your parents is a beautiful thing, ain't it?

#172 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

Yah it rocks!!! Pretty soon i will have enough saved up to buy my own house!

hey houses in detroit go for like 80k if i lived there i could prolly buy 3 of them! we only get paid 3 bucks extra and hour here on avg then you guys and we pay 10x more for a house

#173 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ May 11, 2007 - 06:58PM) View Post

Yah it rocks!!! Pretty soon i will have enough saved up to buy my own house!

hey houses in detroit go for like 80k if i lived there i could prolly buy 3 of them! we only get paid 3 bucks extra and hour here on avg then you guys and we pay 10x more for a house

You could probably buy a house in Detroit for 80K

But you sure as hell wouldn't want to live there.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#174 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ May 11, 2007 - 08:58PM) View Post

You could probably buy a house in Detroit for 80K

But you sure as hell wouldn't want to live there.

Well maybe that would be the best thing for him/her... I mean getting a first house outside of the 'rents is a big deal and quite the experience... why not go all out.

YOu can pay 80K and then spend the rest on actually puting 4 walls and a roof on that slab you will get wink.gif

QUOTE(REDWINGS4LYFE @ May 11, 2007 - 08:58PM) View Post

we only get paid 3 bucks extra and hour here on avg then you guys and we pay 10x more for a house

Ah but your housing market is overinflated because you use looney money!

Edited by OsGOD, 11 May 2007 - 10:21 PM.

#175 redandwhiteforever

redandwhiteforever

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:19 PM

I'd blame it on the economy, but Buffalo has a horrible economy also and has freakin 7,000 fans outside the arena wathing on a big tv for the game and tickets going for insane prices...

The real reason is, we have had such a great team for so long that it just isnt as exciting as it was at one point. On the flip side, Buffalo has been horrible for a long time and finaly has a killer team..so they are all excited.

#176 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ May 12, 2007 - 12:19AM) View Post

I'd blame it on the economy, but Buffalo has a horrible economy also and has freakin 7,000 fans outside the arena wathing on a big tv for the game and tickets going for insane prices...

Hey give us a big screen TV for free viewing out front of the Joe and we can get many more than that to watch. If a parade happens we will once again have close to a million fans marching on detroit to celebrate.

Joe Vision (WTF ILLITCH? ITS ROUND 3 WHERE YOU AT?) would regularly bring in 8,000-10,000 fans to watch the jumbotron for around $10

Edited by OsGOD, 11 May 2007 - 11:28 PM.

#177 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:37 AM

the lonnie is like 10 cents off ur dollar guys