• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Hasek and Chelios will be asked to re-sign with Wings

Rate this topic

The Chelios talk from Holland has always been, "We want him him if he wants to play."

I hate the Hasek "declined to show his hand" part. Reminds me of 2002. Please Hash, do not toil with our emotions - COME BACK!

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Sounds great to me! If Dom thinks he can go another season, I say come on back Dominator! And I hope Cheli signs like a 3 or 4 year deal. That would be great. Hell, as long as he keeps in shape and is still able to be the great positional defenseman he has turned into, bring Cheli back till hes 50! lol

Thats fine by me. I just don't see Howard being ready for another year, and Dom will be a great alternative. :thumbup:

Holland and I are in complete agreement when it comes to Cheli.....keep signing him to one year deals as long as he wants, and his performance doesn't drop dramatically.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I tell you something... this young pup is gonna play for many more years. that Chelli pup I mean :)

I'd love to have grandpa back, though. he's proven there's still a lot of fire in that old shell. gotta love his passion

Guest Dominator

Dominik is my favorite player and he better not leave. When he annouced that he was retiring(I was 8 at the time) I actually cried.

Thats fine by me. I just don't see Howrd being ready for another year, and Dom will be a great alternative. :thumbup:

Problem is Howard's never going to be ready if the Wings continue this current path they're on.

Edited by CopenhagenWing

The sh*t of it is, if the Wings win the Cup, I think Dom will retire. If they don't he might come back.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

I'll have the Cup and take our chances. :D

Ditto. I think Dom will take his chances as well. :hehe:

The sh*t of it is, if the Wings win the Cup, I think Dom will retire. If they don't he might come back.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

I'll have the Cup and take our chances. :D

I'm not so sure about that. Even if we win the cup I can still see Dom coming back . He retired before changed his mind and came back. The difference now is he's much older and once he's done he'll be done for good.

Problem is Howard's never going to ready if the Wings continue this current path they're on.

Very true, and if Dom were to stay next season and Ozzie stays healthy, Jimmy won't get the experience he needs in order to be a starter for the 2008/2009 season.

Here's hoping the Wings win the cup and if Dom decides to retire, the Wings roll with an Ozzie/Howard tandem.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I would take them both if we can get them.

I really do feel like they will both be back next year. I will scream and yell about Cheli during the regular season and then when the playoffs come around i will be greatful that we have on the team.

I'm not so sure about that. Even if we win the cup I can still see Dom coming back . He retired before changed his mind and came back. The difference now is he's much older and once he's done he'll be done for good.

Precisely. If the Wings win the cup, IMO Dom will want to leave the game on top, the way most pro athletes do.

When will we start investing at a young hot goali prospect.

Haha how do you invest AT someone?? Just throw dollar bills in his face?

Only kidding, I agree. It would be nice to see Jimmy in the lineup, but that depends on Dom. Osgood played really well at the end of the season. He might still have it in him to go 50 games.

They both want to keep playing, bring 'em back. Two very hard working and mentally tough NHLers, even though they are "over the hill".

Although if the Wings are able to win it all this year (knock on wood), I'm betting Hasek hangs them up.

if detroit wins the cup i dont think chelios or dominator will come back

Chelios will. his shape is no worse than many other Wings and he wants to play.

and since his asking price won't be high, I see no reason why Holland would

not sign him.

with Hasek the matter is supposedly different. his price won't be high, either,

but it's his will to play that bothers me. he's been bugged by injuries and it takes

him a lot to stay in game shape from what I know. having a chance to retire on

top of his game (should Wings reach SCF or even win it) is something which

will make him think of definite retirement