• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Russia DECLINES IIHF Treaty

Rate this topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this hardline stance what screwed them out of Evgeni Malkin? Mettalurg got nothing for him when he left (practically defected), when they at least could have gotten SOME kind of compensation for him?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this hardline stance what screwed them out of Evgeni Malkin? Mettalurg got nothing for him when he left (practically defected), when they at least could have gotten SOME kind of compensation for him?

They don't need $200,000 for a several-million dollar man. It's chump change from the Russian clubs POV. They really think that the Russian labor law will be changed soon, and the Russian players contracts will become enforcible on the international level. When that happens, an NHL club that wants to get their draft pick before his Russian contract is over, they'll have to negotiate directly with the Russian club for compensation.

there just gonna go after players and pay them insain amounts of money .....even if those players arent worth the money itll still decline the talent pool in the nhl , if they eventually go down the road ........also depends on the players , cause im sure americans and canadians would wanna play here but if they go after lets say gaborik and offers him 5 million tax free + house and car etc .......it could eventually cause the nhl some problems

there just gonna go after players and pay them insain amounts of money .....even if those players arent worth the money itll still decline the talent pool in the nhl , if they eventually go down the road ........also depends on the players , cause im sure americans and canadians would wanna play here but if they go after lets say gaborik and offers him 5 million tax free + house and car etc .......it could eventually cause the nhl some problems

I don't think it'll be a big deal. We might lose a player here or there, but NHL quality is still lightyears ahead of any other league. I've watched RSL and it's horrible.

And I think players like A.O. and Malkin have proved that the best Russian players want to prove themselves in the best league in the world. Both of those guys could have made just as much if not more playing in their motherland and yet where are they? A.O.'s playing on the worst team in the NHL and loving it. I think that tells you all you need to know.

The RSL will be hurt from this far more than the NHL. In fact, I could see more Russian players coming over to play in the CHL or even NCAA so they aren't slaves to their Russian contracts, making their road to the NHL much easier.