• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NKYWingsFan

"...good luck Ottawa and take your best shotawa."

Rate this topic

Fun read....

Linky

Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez? Please. A milquetoast feud, at best.

Rosie O’Donnell and Donald Trump? Well, we admit that battle has a little bite.

The Buffalo Sabres and the Ottawa Senators?

Welcome to Defcon 1.

These teams match up well and it is going to be an awesome series, I am pulling for Ottawa, but I think they may come up short.

I hope not. They have a 2-0 series lead. I think it will be over in 5 maybe 6 games. I'm hoping for a Sens/Wings SC Final. Hasek has been great for the Wings this year. Hopefully the Sens can give him some payback for quiting on them in the PO's last year.

I hope not. They have a 2-0 series lead. I think it will be over in 5 maybe 6 games. I'm hoping for a Sens/Wings SC Final. Hasek has been great for the Wings this year. Hopefully the Sens can give him some payback for quiting on them in the PO's last year.

If you think Dom quit, you're misinformed, but part of a very large group of malcontents in Ottawa circles. I understand their bellyaching, however, since they were depending on Hasek to win the Cup for them. The Sens were very disturbed by his absence, as they had grown dependent on/addicted to Dom during his stellar season with them. Emery was fine, the team didn't pull together to help him, which was a shame. Funny, the one game where the Sens shone was when Hasek was behind the bench. :D

Buffalo can easily come back and pound Ottawa (ah, good old days!!) and I suspect they will do so.

Not that I really want to see either team in the SCF vs. the Wings, but it's "6 of one, half-dozen of the other" as far as I am concerned.

If you think Dom quit, you're misinformed, but part of a very large group of malcontents in Ottawa circles. I understand their bellyaching, however, since they were depending on Hasek to win the Cup for them. The Sens were very disturbed by his absence, as they had grown dependent on/addicted to Dom during his stellar season with them. Emery was fine, the team didn't pull together to help him, which was a shame. Funny, the one game where the Sens shone was when Hasek was behind the bench. :D

Buffalo can easily come back and pound Ottawa (ah, good old days!!) and I suspect they will do so.

Not that I really want to see either team in the SCF vs. the Wings, but it's "6 of one, half-dozen of the other" as far as I am concerned.

No matter how you slice it...Hasek quit on the Senators last year. He's done it on more then one occasion. I can understand you defending him, but for this...there is no defense. As far as the Sabres easily coming back and pounding the Sens..... :rolleyes: Not going to happen. The Sens will play the Wings and i'm looking forward to the fan rivalry, that is just around the corner. It will come down to who is the hungrier team and i think this year that will be the Senators.

Edited by sensfan101

No matter how you slice it...Hasek quit on the Senators last year. He's done it on more then one occasion. I can understand you defending him, but for this...there is no defense. As far as the Sabres easily coming back and pounding the Sens..... :rolleyes: Not going to happen. The Sens will play the Wings and i'm looking forward to the fan rivalry, that is just around the corner. It will come down to who is the hungrier team and i think this year that will be the Senators.

not a quitter

There's no defense for not playing injured? He's human, believe it or not, and can be hurt. Never understood how fans blame a player who is injured for not being able to play despite pain normal people couldn't even tolerate. But, whatever... :rolleyes:

Hasek's never quit on anything in his life, however, you're welcome to your opinion. Wings know the truth about The Goalie, and it's sad that Ottawa is so bitter over something Dom couldn't control. That's hockey fans for you. Buffalo fans are jumping ship madly right now, despite the stellar season their team has had. Ottawa is lucky the Sabs ran out of gas when they did.

I am SO thrilled the Wings got outbid for Gerber-baby last summer, and got Dom instead. Whew!! Oh, well!! We have him now, that's all that matters in my book.

I don't disagree that the team who wants it more will win it all. Remains to be seen whether that's the Sens or the Wings. But I don't see any debate with the goalies. Emery is great, so is Dom. They won't be the deciding factor, I suspect, in who hoists the Cup in June.

PS - welcome to the forum! But don't expect me to agree with your opinion about Dom. Peace!!

Edited by puckloo39

I agree Loo. "Quit" is a strong word to label on a guy who was injured, and has a prior history of these said injuries. There was nothing Hasek could really do.

Of course there wasn't, thank you for the additional information. I can understand the blaming from the Ottawa fans, but I believe Hasek has put to rest any notion that he bailed intentionally on the team, be it Buffalo, Detroit or Ottawa. He's unique, as Kenny says in the article I linked. The harping on Dom being a "quitter" when it's clearly not the case gets really tiresome. <_<

The NHL will be poorer (not in salary, since Dom obviously doesn't play for money) when he does finally retire. There isn't anyone else out there as interesting, controversial, or talented and perhaps won't ever be again. Luckily, if all goes well, we may see Dom back for another run next season. :)

Of course there wasn't, thank you for the additional information. I can understand the blaming from the Ottawa fans, but I believe Hasek has put to rest any notion that he bailed intentionally on the team, be it Buffalo, Detroit or Ottawa. He's unique, as Kenny says in the article I linked. The harping on Dom being a "quitter" when it's clearly not the case gets really tiresome. <_<

The NHL will be poorer (not in salary, since Dom obviously doesn't play for money) when he does finally retire. There isn't anyone else out there as interesting, controversial, or talented and perhaps won't ever be again. Luckily, if all goes well, we may see Dom back for another run next season. :)

In the PO's you have to suck it up sometimes and play through injuries, bumps, bruises and general pain. There was one game during the PO's last year, where his teammates begged him to suit up and he wouldnt do it. I guess the best way to sum it up is Hasek has no pain threshold. If he doesnt deem himself to be 100% healthy, he will not play.

I agree....Hasek is unique and you can't take anything away from his accomplishments over the years. He is arguably one of the best goaltenders in the world.

Edited by sensfan101

Only Hasek knows when he's good to go, and you don't take the decision out of his hands. If he feels he's not ready to play, you don't force him to.

What would you have said if before the game Hasek said "My groin is shredded, and I'm maybe 50% effective, but I'm going out there anyway," and then got shelled for 8 goals in the 1st because he's not able to play to his level.

Would you just say "Oh well, that Dom. He played, even though he was hurt and was a detriment to the team. What a gamer though!"

Or would it be "He should have known that he was gonna blow the game, and let Emery play. Stupid Hasek. He cost us the series!"

Only Hasek knows when he's good to go, and you don't take the decision out of his hands. If he feels he's not ready to play, you don't force him to.

What would you have said if before the game Hasek said "My groin is shredded, and I'm maybe 50% effective, but I'm going out there anyway," and then got shelled for 8 goals in the 1st because he's not able to play to his level.

Would you just say "Oh well, that Dom. He played, even though he was hurt and was a detriment to the team. What a gamer though!"

Or would it be "He should have known that he was gonna blow the game, and let Emery play. Stupid Hasek. He cost us the series!"

IMO.....A 90% to 99% Hasek>100% Emery (at that point in time)

IMO....If his groin was shredded and he felt he would only be 50% effective, then he wouldnt be on the ice practicing with the team in full gear and dropping down to save pucks.

IMO.....A 90% to 99% Hasek>100% Emery (at that point in time)

IMO....If his groin was shredded and he felt he would only be 50% effective, then he wouldnt be on the ice practicing with the team in full gear and dropping down to save pucks.

It was well-documented at the time what Hasek's reasons were for not playing injured. No amount of begging on the part of Sens' players and staff would have made the injury magically go away. Dom didn't play because he knew he couldn't be effective, not because he didn't want to for some bizarre reason. He always wants to play.

I doubt that too many people are going to agree with you on this board that Hasek's a quitter or suspect in his motives, not after what he's done for the Red Wings this season. Sorry. Even if some members here privately think Dom's not such a great guy (despite evidence to the contrary), most are pretty convinced that he is a great goalie. Why would you expect them to post negative things about their goalie on a Red Wings board? Why would you bother to post it on a Wings board, for that matter? :unsure:

Good luck with Buffalo, I don't think they have enough gas left in the tank to take Ottawa at this point, unless a miracle occurs. But the Wings have plenty of savvy and skills, so it will be interesting to see the matchup - provided we get past the Duckies. :)

Edited by puckloo39