• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mannysBETTER3434

What are the chances.....

Rate this topic

So far the Pistons look very sharp, and the Wings are one round from the finals. The Tigers are also looking like last year was no fluke. What do you think the chances are that all 3 of these Detroit teams bring home championships? I say 15% chance. It probably won't happen, but how cool would that be for the state of Michigan?! Maybe someone can look it up, but I would be very suprised if a sports city has had 3 or more teams win titles in the same year.

Sorry Lions..... :P

So far the Pistons look very sharp, and the Wings are one round from the finals. The Tigers are also looking like last year was no fluke. What do you think the chances are that all 3 of these Detroit teams bring home championships? I say 15% chance. It probably won't happen, but how cool would that be for the state of Michigan?! Maybe someone can look it up, but I would be very suprised if a sports city has had 3 or more teams win titles in the same year.

Sorry Lions..... :P

I think the Tigers have a really good chance, but its to early in the season to tell, the Indians are doing pretty good. The Pistons have got a really good chance they can bring that trophy home, I think that will come down to Detroit and Spurs, but they can take either the spurs or suns in 6 games. The wings hardest oppenent will be the ducks, when we make it past these quackers we just have to slow down the next teams offense, because that is all they have. Overall I can at least see two champs this summer and maybe one in the fall(Tigers). As for that other team you listed, the lions I thought they became a minor league team after Barry Sanders left, thats just a stepping stone or failure stepping stone, everyone that comes over becomes no good.

Can't know about the Tigs until the playoffs, but I think that the Pistons and Wings will probably both make the finals based on prior play...don't like to jinx us though.

... we just have to slow down the next teams offense, because that is all they have.

I think Mr. Redden, Phillips, Volchenkov, et al. would say otherwise. They will proviide a stiff test to anyone in the Finals, very underrated team defense up in Ottawa.

all three teams have just as much of a chance to bring home the title as their predecessors.

detroit's professional sports teams (ok so the lions have a ways to go) have been a real

treat to watch for the last decade. (ok so the tigers have just come on most recently but you

get the point).

here's to the motor city!

No one from the East can run with Phoenix or San Antonio

you cannot be serious.

I'd say the Wings chances are the best. The Pistons are screwed if they run into San Antonio or Phoenix. No one from the East can run with Phoenix or San Antonio

No comment on baseball.

Pistons can take anyone. The Suns concern me big time, but SA? I think Detroit would dominate them

I'd say the Wings chances are the best. The Pistons are screwed if they run into San Antonio or Phoenix. No one from the East can run with Phoenix or San Antonio

Just like how the Pistons couldn't beat the Lakers in 04? How did that series go? And the Pistons took the Spurs to 7 the year after that. The Suns are tough though but I think they can stay with them.

As for all of them winning it all? It will be tough. I think Pistons have best chance based on the way they are playing. Even though Ben is gone the Pistons seem better in a lot of ways. The Tigers? Its such a long season you can't judge anything until the playoffs, if they make it. I mean when they went into the playoffs against the Yankees I thought it would be over quick the way that the Tigers were playing going into the playoffs, and obviously I was wrong. And the Wings have a tough matchup now in the WCF and then to have to play the Sens or Sabres if they get to the SCF, tough road ahead either way.

Edited by StevieY9802

If I am not mistaken no team city has ever had the NBA & NHL champs in the same calendar year. Cities have had more than one champion in the same year, but not those two sports. New York came the closest in 94 with the Rangers, and then the Knicks pushing the Rockets to a game 7.....

No comment on baseball.

Steve Nash looks bad after the collision. I'm not sure the Suns will be able to use him...

IPB Image

If I am not mistaken no team city has ever had the NBA & NHL champs in the same calendar year. Cities have had more than one champion in the same year, but not those two sports. New York came the closest in 94 with the Rangers, and then the Knicks pushing the Rockets to a game 7.....

I believe you are correct. How much fun would it have been to be a Knicks and Rangers fan in NYC that year? Even with the loss by the Knicks.

I can't say that I actually care if the Pistons win or not, I hate basketball. I actually passed up on some halfcourt seats, and out 1/3 of the up from the floor to shovel the drive way back in January.

All things aside, I think the Tigers are the least likely to win it all. From what I hear on Sportscenter, the Pistons are pretty much a lock to get to the finals, barring an implosion. The Wings are half way there. But the Tigers will most likely have to beat the Yankees and/or the BoSox to even get a chance to play in The Series. I think they are a pretty good team. But remember there is also the ChiSox to contend with. I don't think at this point you can even say the Tigers are a lock for the playoffs.

I think we'll have 2 Michigan champions,

Red Wings and Wolverines

Tough call. The Central division in baseball is the hardest fought division i've ever seen,we'll see on that one. I like the Pistons chances,they have a great veteran unit with rings and they play great team defense and have balanced scoring,so i'll agree here. The Red Wings if they get by the ducks,i like their chances also, i don't subscribe to the Buffalo/Ottawa east coast bias,i think the SC FINALS is anybodys cup to take.

that would be wicked my favorit bball team has always been the pistons but i first started to like them cuz of ben wallace loved his defence but he left so that sucked but yea this year pistons gena take it they will easily walk thru east then in finals there will be a good matchup

I'm a die-hard follower of all three of these teams so I have a pretty informed opinion.....

Red Wings -- I'd give the Wings the second best chance. They still have to face the Ducks and Sabres/Senators, which pretty much means in any series they will be the underdogs. Still...they can beat any of the teams left and only have two rounds.

Pistons -- The Pistons have the best chance. They are rolling the Bulls and will do pretty much the same to the Cavs. To the poster that said they can't hang with SA or Phoenix.....you must not watch the Pistons. For one thing, they play a style of ball that is very similar to the Spurs. A series with the Spurs would go 6 or 7 games. I think the Pistons would beat the Suns in 5. The Pistons are a HORRIBLE match-up for the Suns. If you had watched the games these two teams have played against each other the last two years you would see why. The Suns run through Steve Nash....no ifs, ands or buts about it. Chauncey is as tough as a match-up as there is in the NBA for Nash. Chauncey uses his size and strength on both offense and defense to wear down Nash, which result in great games for Billups and poor games for Nash.

Tigers -- I'm concerned with the rotation right now, with them missing Zumaya and Rogers for extended periods but at the same time...the team has the same record at this point this year that they did last year. The baseball playoffs are just such a crap-shoot because of how important the pitching is. I give the Tigers the worst chance because baseball has the smallest chance of making the playoffs of any of the three sports. But, if the Tigers do make them....their chances obviously go way up.