• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Magic33

Hasek

Rate this topic

Hey there all u R-Wing fan's ....

Belive me when i say that i love the guys , but i have to say Pls Hasek stay in goal were u shall be .

LoL he almost gave me a heart attack last game ....

Anyways a big hi from Sweden

------ Good luck in the game 2 morrow -------

Thanks for the support. As for Dom, he makes me nervous too, but I can live with him wandering as long as he continues to play and make saves like he has to this point. Probably a really good chance that if Clowe scores on Dom in Game 4 and the Sharks lead 3-1 in that game, the Red Wings are golfing right now. Hasek has been awesome to this point, and hopefully will continue to be against the Ducks.

Thanks for the support. As for Dom, he makes me nervous too, but I can live with him wandering as long as he continues to play and make saves like he has to this point. Probably a really good chance that if Clowe scores on Dom in Game 4 and the Sharks lead 3-1 in that game, the Red Wings are golfing right now. Hasek has been awesome to this point, and hopefully will continue to be against the Ducks.

Yeah i hope so aswell and i think he will do good but it will be a hard game tho.

it will be a late night for me tomorrow cause they show the game at 1,30am and some time at 3am .

So i watch the game and go direct to work after it's done, hopfully with a huge smile on my face.

yea hasek should stay in the net luckily he has lidstrom playing infront of him

Good thing they have Lidstrom in net indeed. What an absolutely awesome play by Nik the other day. I was counting the goal and then BAM,There is Norris Lidstrom with the blade and a save.

Just hope he doesn't pull a Nabby...haha that was embarrasing. I always get so nervous when he's outta the net, but I thought Hasek did great against us. He made some pretty awesome saves. Especially in the last game

The Globe and Mail's stat guru, Alan Ryder, suggests that, by analyzing the probabilities of shots taken resulting in goals, goaltending brilliance can be calculated, and the stats back up what we already know--Dominik Hasek has been, technically speaking, pretty darn good:

May 9, Globe and Mail: hots and expected goals are not well-correlated. That is the whole point of studying the quality of shots and calculating expected goals. You can see that Detroit, as a team, likes to shoot regardless of the opportunity and has generally poor 'shot quality'.

The second observation you might make is that the actual number of goals is less than expected goals. This is normal for the playoffs as the quality of defence improves. What really matters is the difference in expected goals.

In [the Red Wings-Sharks] series the 'expected goals' winner was the actual winner in Games 1, 5 and 6. San Jose won a close Game 3 (expected goals 2.1 versus 2.4 for Detroit). But Dominik Hasek stole Games 2 and 4 for the Red Wings allowing only four goals when 7.4 were expected.

This was a series won by goaltending. The pivotal fourth game was decided in overtime after the Sharks blew a 2-1 lead with less than a minute to play. But it was Hasek's stellar play that put the Red Wings in position for the comeback and victory.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

Hope he comes out strong tmr, we win and teach the ducks media a lesson

Is there a link to this anywhere online? Seems like neat stuff.

The Globe and Mail's stat guru, Alan Ryder, suggests that, by analyzing the probabilities of shots taken resulting in goals, goaltending brilliance can be calculated, and the stats back up what we already know--Dominik Hasek has been, technically speaking, pretty darn good:

May 9, Globe and Mail: hots and expected goals are not well-correlated. That is the whole point of studying the quality of shots and calculating expected goals. You can see that Detroit, as a team, likes to shoot regardless of the opportunity and has generally poor 'shot quality'.

The second observation you might make is that the actual number of goals is less than expected goals. This is normal for the playoffs as the quality of defence improves. What really matters is the difference in expected goals.

In [the Red Wings-Sharks] series the 'expected goals' winner was the actual winner in Games 1, 5 and 6. San Jose won a close Game 3 (expected goals 2.1 versus 2.4 for Detroit). But Dominik Hasek stole Games 2 and 4 for the Red Wings allowing only four goals when 7.4 were expected.

This was a series won by goaltending. The pivotal fourth game was decided in overtime after the Sharks blew a 2-1 lead with less than a minute to play. But it was Hasek's stellar play that put the Red Wings in position for the comeback and victory.

Maybe it was bad aim from nerves by SJ. Stats, schmats. Goals don't happen in a (statistical) vaccuum. Isn't it also the timing of the goals? What about the type of goal ? Nabby's gift to Pavel was a big deflater/momentum swinger. Just like Homer and Langer's late ones... It's the playoffs, man...

Edited by dicksmack