• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Shanahan wants to stay

Rate this topic

Shanny is the man IMO. But i realized that once he left last year that he woudl never be coming back to detroit. I'm happy that it appears he is going to play one more year and i think that it's great that he had a good season in NY and he likes it there enough to stick around for another year.

Why be mad at him? I think that he was a very LARGE part of our last three cups. We should all feel pretty fortunate that we had the pleasure of watchign him play for as long as we did.

Bless that Irish boy sure did miss him this past season, on the other hand I would love to see 2 players return to Detroit so they can retire a Wing, Shanny and Serg suer do miss seeing the in a winged wheel

They're also 37 and 38.

The more I read on this thread, the more sick I get. I don' understand the praise everyone is giving Shanny, when Sergei is booed when he comes back. One poster said Shanny's departure was not 'Fedorovish' or somthing like that. Wrong he left for the same reason Fedorov did, more money. All of you who are saying that you respect Shanny, and 'big deal if that's what he wants to do', why the double standard for Sergei? I'm not making the assumption that everyone who is ok with Shanny wanting to stay a Ranger is anti-Fedorov, I myself am fine with Shanny not wanting to play elsewhere.

I just don't get it. Fedorov booed, Shanny loved. Both guys left for more money, 'better opportunities', ect. There is no difference in how they left. For all of you who claim that's why you hate Sergei, where the hell are the 'I hate Shanny' posts? And for those of you who have said it, KUDOS.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=ArpK...p&type=lgns

Apparently Shanny would rather play nowhere else. We'll I say "good riddance ya loonie"

"I think that's just something you battle through," Avery said. "Those (excuses) are for guys like Sidney and guys that have to keep themselves in the media, saying they weren't hurt or they were hurt. I love when guys are done and say they were hurt or they had the flu.

Haha Crosby

Good Riddance?

WTF???

I'm guessing you threw Probert or McCarty under the bus once they left as well???

How about Kocur??

Shanny will always be remembered as a Wing. Playing anywhere else won't change that.

The more I read on this thread, the more sick I get. I don' understand the praise everyone is giving Shanny, when Sergei is booed when he comes back. One poster said Shanny's departure was not 'Fedorovish' or somthing like that. Wrong he left for the same reason Fedorov did, more money. All of you who are saying that you respect Shanny, and 'big deal if that's what he wants to do', why the double standard for Sergei? I'm not making the assumption that everyone who is ok with Shanny wanting to stay a Ranger is anti-Fedorov, I myself am fine with Shanny not wanting to play elsewhere.

I just don't get it. Fedorov booed, Shanny loved. Both guys left for more money, 'better opportunities', ect. There is no difference in how they left. For all of you who claim that's why you hate Sergei, where the hell are the 'I hate Shanny' posts? And for those of you who have said it, KUDOS.

Shanny left for the same amount of money that the Wings offered ,he left because he felt he had a better fit in New York, and for the media rumor has it he wants to be the comish

They're also 37 and 38.

Larionov was how old when retired and oh Cheli is still playing yes there age is a factor but it sure would have been nice to see it happen

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

Why wouldnt he want to stay? He's playing hockey with one of the best forwards of our generation in jagr, an unbelievable young goalie, who just finished his sophomore slump, guys like straka, avery, kasperitis, i mean wouldnt you want to play for probably the biggest american hockey market, definitely the most influential, be one of the stars of the team, have a chance at winning a cup, being in a conference where goals are more frequent, and since hes in NY his words are national stories, which could help his post-playing career (i.e. commish)

Guest bullocks

I have a pic of me and Shanny. I also went to his hockey school located in the Toronto area when i was younger.

I say good for Sean Avery. I too cannot stand when people lose then come back with the "well, I was playing hurt." It's a prima donna-ish thing to do, it's BS, it's a lame excuse, and I'm glad Avery called them out.

Yzerman played hurt pretty much every single game the last 5-7 years of his career. Did he ever complain or use it as an excuse for losing? No.

As for Shanny, he'll always be one of my favorites and I'll always wear my #14 Wings jersey proudly. I'm glad he's found an ideal situation in which to wrap up his HOF career.

Shanny left for the same amount of money that the Wings offered ,he left because he felt he had a better fit in New York, and for the media rumor has it he wants to be the comish

Shanny made $2.2 or something like that, the Wings were offering up something close to $2.5-3, Shanny signed for $4 in NY, he left for money.

Shanny made $2.2 or something like that, the Wings were offering up something close to $2.5-3, Shanny signed for $4 in NY, he left for money.

Nope, both offered $4 Million. Shanny left because he thought the Wings were touting the newer guys like Zetterberg, Filpulla and Hudler too much while making it seem like Shanny and the others were all part of days gone by.

That and the fact that its NEW YORK. Not a bad place to end your career.

Good Riddance?

WTF???

I'm guessing you threw Probert or McCarty under the bus once they left as well???

How about Kocur??

Shanny will always be remembered as a Wing. Playing anywhere else won't change that.

Hats off to Shanny he will always be one of my favorite players,Always stuck up for his teamates(unlike Bertuzzi)hits hard plays every shift like its his last(unlike Bertuzzi),damn i would take him over Bertloser any day

Hats off to Shanny he will always be one of my favorite players,Always stuck up for his teamates(unlike Bertuzzi)hits hard plays every shift like its his last(unlike Bertuzzi),damn i would take him over Bertloser any day

STFU

Waaaaaaaaaah. Bertuzzzi this, Bertuzzi that. Bertuzzi is a goon, Bertuzzi a hack, Bertuzzi is a cheapshot, Bertuzzi checks from behind, Bertuzzi slept with my wife. It's the same damn cliches with you in almost every one of your posts. I'm starting to believe your not a real Wings at all. If you were a true Wings fan, you would stop your trolling and actually root for the team for once. You spend more time hating on Bertuzzi then you do rooting for the Wings.

And yet, if you even do respond to my post, I expect it to be some dumb s*** along the lines of ""lol welz betuzi is teh goonZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 i hatz himz!!!!!!!!!!!11" My God, are you that dense? Do you not see how annoying you sound with your constant ranting and pure hate posts? I guess not.

That's Avery's thing, and he's great at it. Crosby has shown tendencies to be a bit of a whiner. He IS a great player but he still needs to show class.

Yeah but consider Crosby's age. You still have a kid playing out there. Let him grow up a little before you say he needs to show class.

Guest bullocks

STFU

Waaaaaaaaaah. Bertuzzzi this, Bertuzzi that. Bertuzzi is a goon, Bertuzzi a hack, Bertuzzi is a cheapshot, Bertuzzi checks from behind, Bertuzzi slept with my wife. It's the same damn cliches with you in almost every one of your posts. I'm starting to believe your not a real Wings at all. If you were a true Wings fan, you would stop your trolling and actually root for the team for once. You spend more time hating on Bertuzzi then you do rooting for the Wings.

And yet, if you even do respond to my post, I expect it to be some dumb s*** along the lines of ""lol welz betuzi is teh goonZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 i hatz himz!!!!!!!!!!!11" My God, are you that dense? Do you not see how annoying you sound with your constant ranting and pure hate posts? I guess not.

seriously, if ur a tru wings fan u wont care whos on the club..i dont see why hes whining about bertuzzi either..

Shanny gave Detroit a decade of great service and was an integral part of 3 Stanley Cups.

His time here was done and he had nothing more to give to us. We thank him and at this point in his career, no one in Detroit will be spending 4 million on him. He likes New York, and this is awesome being in the eastern conference and all.

More power to him. Short of him scoring a winning goal in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals against Detroit, there's nothing he could do to make me love him less.

But his time with us was over and he needed a new team and Detroit needed a new direction. Win win.

Actually the Red Wings offered Sergei more money than he wound up getting in Anaheim (10mill for 5 years originally). He balked at that all season; I think the impression many of us got was that didn't want to play for the Red Wings anymore. For many of us, he could have played his whole career here like Stevie, had his number retired, maybe have been the captain, who knows? Remember many of us loved him and were very disappointed that he left. This was all before the lockout too. What has Fedorov done since he left? nothing. I'm sad for him - he should have stayed.

Shanny's situation was much different - there was no stringing us along. He's at the end of his career and we've all pointed out the situation to you - you seem to have a different view of it - that's fine. I would also say Shanny didin't leave just to make more money - in fact, I would say that had very little to do with it. But, think of it as you will, the rest of us will still cheer for him.